• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 834 Views, 69 Comments

Sparks Fly - TheTechspert19



Hackalot Spark is not really romantic...but one pony decides to change all that.

  • ...
15
 69
 834

Hackalot Fails...or does he?

Hackalot Fails...or does he?

Using some of my vast knowledge of teleportation (or lack thereof) I manage to make it to the front gate of the Grand Galloping Gala. I looked to see if I could find Fluttershy or the others but to no avail. Luckily I get a call from Twilight and she says that they've hit a bump in the road and they're stuck! Without hesitation I tried to look for them. She told me that they were in a big Apple carriage so I thought that wouldn't be hard to find. Then I found them, in the middle of the road, stuck because one of their wheels had broke. I tried to fix it...but as I said before...I'm good with technology, not with wooden wheels. I gave it a shot and to my surprise I fixed the wheel and sent them on their way. Twilight saw me outside the carriage and offered me a ride to the Gala, I humbly accepted and got in. I saw everypony in their beautiful gown...but Fluttershy's gown really caught my eye. There was silence in the carriage until Pinkie Pie decided to break the silence by telling some jokes. They all were funny but I had my sights on Fluttershy and her beautiful gown. Both of us blushed at the sight of each other and most of the ponies in the carriage noticed.

At the gate of the Gala I handed in my ticket and so did everypony else that was with me. Twilight told me to get to the garden as fast as possible because Rarity wanted me to prepare for when Fluttershy got there. I made my way there trying to avoid traffic, and believe me there was a lot of traffic, to then make it to the garden before Fluttershy did. Luckily I made it and Fluttershy was no where in sight; I saw Rarity waiting for me and she told me that I needed to straighten up my suit. She fixed it and got a bouquet of flowers for me to give to Fluttershy. She finished setting up the decor just in time for Fluttershy to make her entrance into the garden. She looked spectacular in her gown, so much beauty flowing through her pink mane. I tried to contain myself and my confidence. Rarity introduced me to Fluttershy and we began talking.

[Rarity]: Well I'll leave you two love birds alone.

[Me]: Thanks Rarity.

[Fluttershy]: Um...Hi Hackalot.

[Me]: H-h-h-h-hi Fluttershy...*gulp*

[Fluttershy]: Are you ok?

[Me]: Um....yea...just dandy!

-I adjust my tie as the sweat was pouring down my face-

[Fluttershy]: You seem nervous...What's wrong?

[Me]: What me nervous? That's just silly! I'm not sweating like a dog, no! I'm just....

[Fluttershy]: Hackalot....admit it....your nervous...

[Me]: -bows head in defeat- Yes I'm nervous...I'm nervous...I'm not romantic, or good looking, or anything like that! I'm just a nerd who runs a Arcade!

-I fall to the ground with tears running down my face-

[Me]: I tried to impress you...to have you fall in love with me...because when I saw you...I was in love! Perhaps I'm way over my head....I'm sorry if I wasted your time...

I drop the flowers and run back to the Arcade crying because I know that I have failed to win the heart of Fluttershy. Everypony in the Gala saw me as I ran home...Even Twilight, AppleJack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash saw me run away. Even Her Majesty saw me...how embarrassing is that? The Princess of all Equestria...saw me at my lowest. I had failed her...her friends....and me.

When I got back home I went into my office and cried harder than Pinkie Pie after she helped reunite Luna and Celestia. Believe me that's saying something. But to my surprise I hear a knocking at the Arcade door:

[Me]: We're closed!

[Fluttershy]: May I come in? If that's ok?

My heartbeat rapidly increased not knowing how or why she's here. But I had to do what I had to do; I let her in and she told me how she was happy to hear that somepony was in love with her and she had never had somepony go to great lengths to impress her. After soaking up my tears she asked me if she still wanted to continue our date...I happily said yes.