• Published 13th Feb 2020
  • 11,469 Views, 1,068 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six, Spike, and Cheese Sandwich are off on one sweet adventure with their friend Charlie Bucket to the infamous Wonka chocolate factory. There they shall discover a world of pure imagination as they have never seen before.

  • ...
12
 1,068
 11,469

The Candy Man

The familiar tingling sensation traveled through the bodies of the Mane Six, Spike, and Cheese Sandwich, as they traversed through the portal into the new world. Once the portal opened along the other end, they slowly step out observing their new surroundings while the portal closed behind them. They found themselves standing upon a paved road going two different directions, north and south. There were many large buildings surrounding them, numerous people walking along the sidewalks. Strangely enough, none of them took notice of either the ponies or the baby dragon as they walked by.

“I wonder where we ended up this time,” Twilight spoke up.

“No idea,” Rainbow answered, looking around. “But doesn’t it seem weird the people here haven’t noticed the fact we’re ponies?”

Every pony looked around, noticing large amounts of people walking by without a care in the world. It did strike the group as being rather odd, but if no one was bothered then why complain at all.

“I’m just hoping we won’t have to shift into our human forms for the time being,” Rarity complained. “Not that it was a problem, I looked absolutely gorgeous in that outfit. But two days walking around in those footsteps left my hooves sore for a week!”

“Leave it tah Rarity tah complain ‘bout something we get to someplace new,” Applejack muttered, rolling her eyes.

Rarity glared at her friend, then faced her nose up with a huff. Every pony else were busy admiring their new surroundings. As the townspeople walked by, they soon noticed that a few rode around in rather strange metallic vehicles.

“Now wut in tarnation are those wagons?” Applejack asked.

“They’re not even being pulled by horses,” Spike pointed out. “Or ponies for the matter.”

But of course, out of all the ponies, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich were in awe.

“Ooh, a horseless carriage!” Pinkie gasped. “I want one! Can I have one? Please, please, please?!?!”

“That there’s sure one dandy doohickey!” Cheese nodded. “Though maybe if were smaller, painted all over with giant googly eyes in the front, it be perfect for my new act!”

With a quick spin, Cheese now wore a clown costume with a giant red wig, smiling brightly. His face was painted like a clown, completely with a little horn in his teeth. He gives it a honk, pulls out a pie from his oversized trousers and smashes it in his face. Pinkie and Rainbow fall over laughing, while the others looked confused.

“I appreciate the effort, Cheese,” Twilight replied. “But I’m not sure if it’s funny if you’re doing a pratfall on yourself.”

“Hmm… That’s a good point,” Cheese admits.

Before Twilight could react further, Cheese lifts his wig as a loaded spring launches another custard pie into the Princess’s face splattering whipped cream all over. Now the ponies started laughing harder, while some townspeople barely made a glance before they kept walked. Twilight swiped her face with one hoof, annoyed at being caught in another prank.

Just as Twilight was about to say something, a bell rings throughout the streets. They turn toward the north end of the street as a large crowd of children ran like a stampede toward their direction.

“Quick every pony, over there!” Twilight shouts, pointing to the side.

All the ponies, and Spike, quickly ducked to the side of the road and hid behind the corner of a building. One by one, they peeked their heads out watching the kids run rampant through the streets. Observing closely, the group watch the kids run into a tiny shop called ‘Bill’s Candy Shop’. Of course, what more can one expect from children to run to a candy shop of all places?

As the ponies watch the children run inside, they noticed one child didn’t go in. This child, a little boy with blonde hair, wearing a red sweater with brown slacks, simply stood outside looking through the window. This made every pony wonder why he’d stand there rather than at least going in to join his fellow classmates.

“Why doesn’t that boy just go in?” Rarity asked. “He ought to be having fun with the other children.”

“No idea,” Twilight shrugged. “But I can tell by his body language he truly wants to go in.”

Pinkie Pie agreed, getting a good look at his face from one angle. Just enough to see the boy looked rather sad. Seeing any creature unhappy made even the party pony feel sad because she likes it when folks are happy.

“Aww, poor little guy,” Pinkie sniffed. “He looks super sad, which makes me feel super sad too!”

Pinkie comically blew her nose into a handkerchief, which she just pulled from her mane, as Cheese pats her on the back. Just then, he had an idea.

“You know Pinkie, I don’t see why you shouldn’t go over and talk to him,” Cheese suggested. “If any pony is able to bring that boy’s spirits up, you’d be the mare to do it!”

Pinkie turns to Cheese with a huge smile.

“What a great idea, Cheesy-Wheezy!” Pinkie smiled. “What would I ever do without you?”

She leans up, giving Cheese a tiny peck on the cheek, which made Cheese go bright red like tomato soup.

Mm… Cheese Sandwich and tomato soup…

Hey! You still with me, pal?

Oh right, right, right, right, right! Where was I? Oh yeah!

*Clears throat* Just as Pinkie Pie began to approach the boy, Twilight Sparkle held her hoof out in front of her.

“Hold on a minute, Pinkie,” Twilight interrupts. “We should at least wait to see if these people have issues with talking ponies before doing anything.”

“Well, only one way to find out for sure,” Pinkie said, excitedly. “Just doing it!”

With that, Pinkie bolts past Twilight, completely ignoring her protests. The pink Earth pony trots over to the boy, seemingly oblivious. But once she stands inches from him and softly clears her throat, he turns to the side and smiles seeing a little pony sitting next to him.

“Well, aren’t you just too cute?” He smiled.

Pinkie smiled, blushing slightly as the boy turns back to the window of the candy shop. Pinkie stands on her hind legs, looking through the window as well. All around the store, there were all different assortment of candy and various goodies. Her eyes widen and her mouth starts to water, marveling at the wondrous sight. Pinkie licks her lips in delight, seeing all the tasty, colorful sweets the man inside was selling to these kids.

“Mmm… Those look so good!” Pinkie spoke.

“They sure are,” The boy nodded.

Suddenly, the boy paused and did a double take, facing the pink pony.

“Did you just talk?”

“I sure did!” Pinkie smiled. “I’m Pinkie Pie! Nice to meet you!”

Pinkie Pie holds out her hoof to the boy to shake hands with. Though initially frightened, the boy could see this pony was harmless and grew fond of her. Steadily, he returns her hoof shake which made Pinkie smile.

“Nice to meet you, Pinkie Pie!” The boy smiled. “I’m Charlie, Charlie Bucket.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, why do you look so blue?” Pinkie asked. “Why not just go inside and have some candy with the other kids?”

Charlie closed his eyes, shaking his head.

“I don’t have the money.”

There it was, plain and simple, five words that made Pinkie pop out her bottom lip and frown. She felt awful that this poor boy had no money to buy himself a treat. She felt bad for him, wishing she could help. But then, her mood brightens almost instantly.

“Ooh, ooh! You should meet the rest of my friends!” Pinkie suggests. “I’m sure they’d be willing to help you.”

“Friends?” Charlie asked, raising his eyebrow. “You mean there’s more of you?”

Pinkie nods, smiling widely as she waves over Charlie’s shoulder gesturing to her friends. Twilight tried to signal her not to do that, but Pinkie kept waving rapidly. Charlie turns over his shoulder till he saw a few other ponies cautiously stick their heads out from the corner. Realizing they’ve been spotted, Twilight hugged out a breath and rolled her eyes. Once again, thanks to Pinkie Pie, there was no point in hiding now.

Eventually, Twilight and the rest of the crew made their way from behind the corner, walking up toward their friend and the boy. Pinkie smiles as she turns back toward Charlie.

“Charlie, I would like to introduce you to the greatest bunch of ponies you’ve ever met. Though, I don’t know if you’ve ever met many ponies before. But let me tell you—”.

As Pinkie rambled on, Charlie chuckled at her randomness while looking toward the rest of the group, who smile at him.

“I think your friend is a bit too excited,” He replies, kindly. “My name is Charlie Bucket, it’s really nice to meet you all.”

“Pleasure to meet you, Charlie,” Twilight spoke, shaking his hand. “My name is Twilight Sparkle.”

“I’m Rainbow Dash,” Rainbow introduced, bragging. “The best flier in all Equestria… And majorly awesome at just about everything else.”

“Howdy there Charlie, ah’m Applejack,” Applejack tipped her hat.

“I’m Rarity, darling,” Rarity smiles, fluttering her eyes. “The pleasure is all mine to meet you.”

“Hello, I’m Fluttershy,” Fluttershy whispered.

“And don’t forget the boys,” Pinkie points out, introducing the others. “This is Spike and a fellow party-pony friend, Cheese Sandwich.”

“Sup!” Spike greeted.

“Hey there!” Cheese waved.

Charlie smiles widely, shaking every ponies hoof, even Spike’s claw. Granted, he was especially surprised to be in the presence of a dragon, albeit a rather ‘small’ dragon, but still he did not seem to mind. Eventually, the boy stands back to his full height.

“It’s really nice to meet you all,” Charlie said, happily. “I admit it is a little odd meeting a bunch of colorful talking ponies, but it’s also pretty amazing!”

“At least you actually called us ponies,” Rainbow chuckled. “Most people we met never get it.”

Every pony chuckles a bit, nodding in agreement. It was then Pinkie finally stopped rambling, long enough to address her friends.

“Hey guys, Charlie here is really itching for some candy but doesn’t have any money,” Pinkie explained. “Isn’t that super-duper sad? I think it is. So, is there any way we might be able to help him out?”

Twilight smiles, using her magic to conjure up a few gold bits. Twilight levitates them over to Charlie, holding out one hand as all the coins fell into his palm. Charlie was a bit surprised seeing actual magic performed before his very eyes, but he quickly shook that from his head.

“There you are, Charlie,” Twilight offered. “Now you can go ahead and get yourself any candy you want.”

To say Charlie was grateful is an understatement. These little ponies, who barely knew him, had just offered him money just so he can buy some candy. He was even more surprised considering these were pieces of gold, which could buy him the whole shop if he wanted to. However, the boy shook his head and pushed the coins back to Twilight.

“I couldn’t possibly accept this,” Charlie replied. “I feel like I’d just be taking something from you without giving anything in return.”

“It’s no trouble, Charlie,” Twilight assured. “Your thanks would be enough.”

“Thank you, Twilight. I really appreciate it, but I still can’t accept this money.”

Twilight, though surprised, smiled at the boy’s behavior. Even though they’d just met, she could tell he was someone who works hard for everything he earns. The kind of boy who’d never accept a handout from anybody; someone who’d rather earn money the right way than taking from others. That kind of behavior was something Twilight could respect. She used her magic to poof the bits away, while Charlie went back to watch through the window.

While all this was going on, all the children sit and stood along the counter. The owner, Bill, wearing a colorfully striped shirt, was gathering the treats the children wanted.

“All right, all right, all right, what’s it going to be?” Bill rambled. “A triple cream cup for Christopher; a Squelchy Snorter for Otis; a sizzler for June Marie… And listen! Wonka’s got a new one today!”

“What is it? The kids asked, in unison.

From a nearby drawer, Bill pulls out a rather long, thin candy bar.

“This is called a ‘Scrumdidilyumptious Bar’.”

“Scrumdidilyumptious Bar?” One boy asked. “How does he do it?”

“My dear boy, do you ask fish how it swims?” Bill asked, surprised.

“No.”

“Or a bird how it flies?”

“No.”

“No siree, you don’t,” Bill explained. “They do it because they were born to do it. Just like Willy Wonka was born to be a candy man, you look like you were born to be a Wonkarer!”

All the children laugh, as Bill explained. Then, he smiles brightly as he began to sing.

https://m.

As Bill sang, he passed along several bits of candy to all the children to share. Eventually, all the kids ran around the store grabbing any other candy they could get their hands on. They reached through jars, held their arms out to falling gumballs from the machines, pulled gumdrops from shelves, and even drank from the soda fountain served by the kindly shop keeper.


As he finished singing, unwrapping and sharing a lollipop with a child, Charlie kept watch through the window as all the children laughed and ate candy. Seeing the kids having fun made him feel rather sad; the ponies could sense his sadness.

“Aww, don’t you worry, Charlie,” Applejack said, patting his back. “Ah’m sure one of these days, you’ll get tah enjoy some candy yourself.”

Despite his sadness, Charlie managed to share a smile for his new friends.

“Maybe, if I manage to save enough money,” Charlie ponders. “Speaking of which, I’ve got a paper route to do. Would you like to join me?”

“Why, of course we would!” Rarity smiled. “We’d love to spend a little more time with you.”

Charlie smiled even more, as he led his new friends down the street toward a man at the newspaper stand. Charlie approaches the man, while the ponies and Spike stood back a bit.

“Hi, Mr. Jopeck!” Charlie greeted the man.

“Ah, come along Charlie,” The man responds. “You’re late.”

The man led Charlie behind the booth, handing him a bag full of newspapers.

“It’s Pay Day, Mr. Jopeck,” Charlie reminds his boss.

“You’re right.”

Mr. Jopeck hands Charlie his pay, a mere few coins, smiling at the boy.

“There you are!”

“Thanks!” Charlie smiled.

“Say hello to your Grandpa Joe!” Mr. Jopeck called, as Charlie left.

“Okay!” Charlie called back.

Charlie returns to his new group of friends, who were all waiting for him.

“So, how much do you get paid?” Spike asked.

“Mr. Jopeck pays me coins to deliver papers across town each week,” Charlie answered.

Rainbow Dash scoffed, eyeing the small amount of money.

“You get paid this much money a week delivering papers? That doesn’t seem right.”

“I know what you mean, Rainbow” Charlie nodded, shrugging. “But I’ve got to do what I have to if I’m to provide for my family.”

“You’re so young though,” Fluttershy whispered. “You should be playing rather than working.”

“Yeah, well times been hard for my family lately,” Charlie explained. “My mom works in a laundry house all day and most hours of the night. My four grandparents have been bedridden for over twenty years now. I’ve got to help out anyway I can, at least to lessen the workload on my mom.”

“What about your father?” Rarity asked. “What does he do?”

Hearing this, Charlie’s face fell, facing the ground with a sigh.

“My dad isn’t really around anymore.”

The ponies and Spike reel back after hearing him say that, suddenly they all had sad looks on their faces. This was indeed a sad picture: A poor boy with no father and a mother who works long hours of the day, just to help him and his grandparents get by. It sounded so tragic.

“Oh, I—I didn’t know,” Rarity shook her head, tears forming. “I’m ever so sorry, Charlie. You must think me such a cruel mare.”

“No, it’s alright,” Charlie assured, quickly. “You didn’t know; I forgive you.”

Still, Rarity felt awful for what she had said. It made her feel insensitive, if not cruel.

“I reckon I know how it feels, sugar cube,” Applejack replied. “I lost my pa a long time ago… I don’t like talkin’ about it either.”

“Tell you what,” Spike jumps in. “Why don’t we help you with your paper route for today?”

“Oh no, that’s alright. It’s my job to deal with; I don’t want you guys to do the work for me.”

“Oh, but please let us help, darling,” Rarity insists. “I feel just awful for what I said, even though you’ve forgiven me. I’d still like to pitch in and help.”

“We’ll all help too,” Twilight offered.

Charlie looked between each of his new friends and couldn’t help but smile at their willingness to help.

“Alright, if you insist,” Charlie relents. “All we have to do is go around town and throw these papers to all the houses they go to. I’ll let you guys know when to throw them.”

The ponies, along with Spike, smile as Charlie hands each of them a few papers. They proceed to race down the street, rushing all through the town for a moment or two. One by one, they threw newspapers toward any houses receiving them. Rainbow even took to the air and accidentally through one straight into some lady’s flower basket, but just missed Rainbow, who zoomed off. As the sun began to set on the horizon, the whole paper route was complete and there were no papers left to hand out.

“Thanks so much for your help,” Charlie thanked the group. “I truly appreciate it; I just don’t know how to repay you.”

But the ponies, even Spike, quickly shrugged it off.

“Don’t worry about it,” Twilight assured. “We don’t do this to collect payment. We always do favors for a friend.”

“Yep, helping friends is our specialty,” Pinkie giggled. “Especially new friends.”

Charlie chuckled along with her, still he wondered just how to repay them. True, they were simply being helpful as any group of friends would do. But, at the same time, he felt there must be some way he could pay them back. Then, a thought came to him.

“You know, if you have nowhere to go, you’re welcome to come stay with me and my family,” Charlie offered. “We don’t have much, we barely have enough to eat, but you’re more than welcome to join us.”

The ponies and Spike were sincerely touched by Charlie’s offer. Much like the other friends they’ve met throughout their journeys, Charlie Bucket was offering them shelter under his own roof even if he didn’t have much to offer. To them, that was the essence of being a true friend.

“As long as your family doesn’t mind,” Twilight inquired.

“Of course, they won’t,” Charlie assured. “Any friends of mine are welcome whenever.”

“Alrighty then, Charlie boy,” Cheese said, dramatically. “We’ll follow you to there and back again and even further!”

Cheese Sandwich stood beside Charlie, holding a giant Equestrian flag as though they were marching into battle. Every pony laughed at Cheese, who in return smiled back as they made their way through town toward Charlie’s home.

Charlie and his new friends were the luckiest group in the world, they just didn't know it yet.