• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 5,742 Views, 110 Comments

One Ticket Extra - SmegAndTheHeads



Some memories are to be treasured forever, others are best left forgotten, and some haunt you for years to come.

  • ...
28
 110
 5,742

Chapter 3 Part 1

One Ticket Extra

Chapter 3 Part 1

After a night of Rarity and Spike spending time at the Hoofwood Spa, the tension of Rarity’s incident still lurked around the spa like a bad smell, but Edgar Hoofington, owner of the spa, made sure that the incident was never to be brought up. The couple had certainly felt relaxed, and were being pampered like nothing else.

The morning sun had risen over Equestria, basking its towns and civilisations with light, as its citizens rose from their homes to start their day. For Rarity and Spike, the two curled up in their bed as the sun warmly shone through the curtains.

The dragon groaned as the sunlight got in his eyes and awoke from his slumber, yawning as he stretched. He tried to move but found himself in the arms of Rarity, who had snuggled up to him during the night. He found himself in a bit of a panic, but calmly crawled from her grasp and crept out of bed.

His feet touched the floor as he walked to the window, moving the curtains aside so he could sit on the cushioned windowsill. He looked around the front gardens, watching the gentle sway of the trees as birds flew in and out in short intervals. His mind was flooded with questions about how he would help her during the holiday, and had no way of answering them himself.

Soon after, Rarity woke up and brought herself into focus. She looked around for Spike and saw a purple tail hang from the windowsill. She smiled and got out of bed, walking to him as she opened the curtains and stood beside him. He budged to the side as Rarity leant on the ledge, looking outside at the sunny gardens.

She sighed contently and watched carriages trail in and out of the spa. “It’s a lovely day, isn’t it?”

The dragon nodded, mumbling in agreement.

She smiled again, “Do you want to go do something today?”

“Like what?”

“Oh, I don’t know. We could go to the town centre and have a shopping trip, or we could go to the museum of natural science, it depends.”

“Well, what about that pond you wanted to show me?”

“Grand idea, we can go after breakfast. I know exactly where it is, and it’s the only good thing that Gray ever showed me.”

“What about that night in the hot tub?”

“This is nothing to do with my sex life.”

He nodded and heard his belly rumble. “Speaking of breakfast, should we go and get some?”

“That’s a grand idea, Spike. There’s a nice little cafe near the forest path, me and Gray stopped there for tea before he showed me the pond.”

“For somepony you hate and fear, you do talk a lot about him.”

“I know. Call it a curse, but I just like to talk about previous lovers.”

Spike sighed again and got off the windowsill, walking to the door and opening it, letting Rarity pass through, just before she picked up a saddlebag. He smiled and closed the door behind him, as Rarity pulled a key out of her bag and locked the door.

The two walked down the few flights of stairs and found themselves in the main hall. They headed down the main stairs and to the front doors, opening them and closing the doors behind them.

The couple walked down the pathway, to the forest path towards the village. Rarity smiled to herself and asked, “Have you ever been to a country village before, Spike?”

He looked at her and replied, “Well, doesn’t Ponyville count?”

“Yes, but Hoofwood Forest is more of a tourist village, rather than a residential area. There are more shopping outlets and places to dine and have fun than in Ponyville.”

“Oh, then no I haven’t.”

“There’s just so much to show you. I think after our little forest walk, we should stop by the local bakery. They make the most divine fudge this side of Equestria, you simply must try it.”

“Fair enough. You know, I am rather excited about this holiday. First, I thought it was just going to be pampering for a week and head back to Ponyville, but I think that we’re going to do more than sit about in massive jacuzzis all day.”

“Exactly. There’s plenty to do, and I’m going to make sure that we’re going to do everything Hoofwood has to offer.”

The dragon nodded as the two wandered along the large gravel road, eventually making their way to Hoofwood Village. The village was quite small compared to Ponyville, but there were more ponies roaming the streets and it was more confined to pavements and roads rather than grass. The village looked out over a large hill, the sun shining in the distance as the forest seemingly stretched out to infinity.

Rarity walked down the path and took a left turn at the main junction, breaking away from the busy village outlets and to a quiet, secluded field. The couple eventually made it to the cafe, hidden in the forest and made out of wood. They walked into the cafe and looked around.

Spike looked to his right and saw a pony of interest, grabbing Rarity’s attention. “Look, isn’t that Edgar?”

The old pony was infact Edgar, sitting at the table with a mug, reading a newspaper. The unicorn smiled and walked to him, clearing her throat. The old pony put down his paper and smiled when he saw the couple. “Well, if it isn’t Rarity and Spike. How did the spa treat you last night?”

Rarity smiled, replying, “Oh, it was simply marvellous, darling. The spa hasn’t changed at all.”

“Fantastic, I am glad you two are enjoying your stay. Please, sit down, I’m just about to order some breakfast.”

The two sat opposite Edgar, Rarity replying, “That’s very kind of you, Edgar, thank you very much.”

“Oh, it’s nothing, dear girl. I’m sure after a long day, my friends would enjoy a fine breakfast.”

A waitress stood at the table and asked, “Hey, Edgar. How are you today?”

“Ah, I’m fine, Ms. Dove. Have you met my friends here, this is Rarity and her friend; Spike.” He showed the waitress his friends.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard quite a lot about you, Rarity.”

She smiled and replied, “Yes, well, I have gotten over the worst of it. And now that I have my little Spikey Wikey here with me, I’m making sure that my visit here will be enjoyable.”

“Great to hear, Rarity. Now, what do you want today?”

Edgar cleared his throat and asked, “You know what I want, a large egg and tomatoes, with plenty of salad on the side.”

Rarity asked, “I’ll have a stack of pancakes. How about you, Spike?”

He replied, “I’ll have the same as her. Just replace the maple sauce with chocolate sauce.”

The waitress wrote their orders down, “Okay, they’ll be ready in the next ten minutes.”

As she walked off, Edgar let a small chuckle loose, “Ah, Ms Dove. She works ever so hard, and likes everypony’s company.”

Rarity nodded and asked, “Tell me, do you visit here often?”

“Oh, most certainly, Rarity. I’ve been having breakfast here for almost 30 years, and I’d be damned if I go someplace else. Ever since Mrs Aroma passed on, Ms Dove has taken in her hoofsteps, and a damn fine job she’s done.”

Spike asked, “So, is it just Ms Dove that works here?”

“Well, she brings her boyfriend in to help her out, and I tend to fill in when either one of them fall ill. Heck, even Gray used to work here when he left school.”

“Still, I wonder how he became who he was.”

“Nopony knows, not even me. Regardless, that’s best if that incident remains well hidden between us three.”

Spike leant back and let out a sigh. Edgar cleared his throat and asked, “So, what have you two got planned for today?”

Rarity smiled and replied, “Oh, me and Spike are off to visit that lake that Gray showed me, and then we’re off shopping.”

“Sounds like fun. I hope you two have a lovely day.”

He then pulled out a pen from his jacket and wrote on a napkin. “Before I forget, give this to the clothes shop two doors from the bakery. Tell them I sent you, you’ll like it.”

Rarity took the napkin and read it. There was a number on it and an address, detailing the shop and who the dress was for. “Thank you, but what is it for?”

“It’s a surprise, my dear. You’ll just have to find out, won’t you?”

Rarity was suddenly drawn to the smell of pancakes in the kitchen, sniffing the air and sighing happily. Spike then said, “That must be our breakfast.”

“Yes, Dove’s cooking has that effect, she’s very good at it. Are you a cook, Spike?”

“On occasion, but I can cook. I mostly specialise in cakes, my friend works at a local bakery, you see.”

“Ah, good. What sort of cakes do you make?”

“I mostly make Gem cake, it’s the cake I’m best at. That, and I’m the only one who can eat it.”

“Why’s that?”

“I’m the only dragon in Ponyville. Heck, I may be the only legally registered dragon resident in the country.”

“Goodness, is this true, Rarity?”

She shook her head, trying to focus away from the delicious smells. “Huh, pardon?”

“Spike just said that he’s the only legally registered dragon resident in Equestria. Is this true?”

“I’m not sure. Are you?”

“I’m most probably sure. I’ll have to ask Twilight or Celestia.”

Edgar held out a hoof. “Wait, Celestia? As in, THE Princess Celestia?”

“Sure. My guardian, Twilight is Celestia’s student, so I know her personally.”

“My word, a dragon who knows royalty. Well, I’m honoured to know someone close to royalty. Do you know that Celestia visits the spa in the summer? But, tell me, were you two close?”

“Close? I was raised by her since Twilight hatched me. She’s practically my grandmother.”

Edgar suddenly became slack-jawed. He just could not believe what he was hearing. “Do you think I can get some conformation on this from Celestia?”

“Certainly. Have you got some paper?”

Edgar pulled out a sheet of parchment from his jacket, as Spike began to write on the scroll;

‘Dear Celestia,

I’ve just met the owner of Hoofwood Spa, and I’ve told him how I know you, and how you raised me. He needs more conformation from you, so could you write down a brief summary of how I know you?
Yours, Spike.’

He rolled up the scroll and stepped outside, breathing fire onto it and watching it vanish. He walked back in and sat down again, “Give it a few minutes.”

“So, what happened? Did he burn the scroll up?”

Rarity replied, “No, that’s his way of sending letters. He knows a small bit of magic, and can transport things with his fire to Celestia.”

“This is all becoming a bit much for me to handle. Where’s my breakfast?”

Then, Dove walked back into the room, three plates held up. “Here it is, Mr Edgar.”

She waltzed over to them and served up the group’s breakfast, the group giving their thanks to her. Before she could walk off again, Edgar stopped her and said, “Did you know that the young dragon there knows Celestia?”

“Really? Has he got any proof?”

Spike felt a churn in his stomach, as he burped out a letter, startling Edgar and Dove. He unravelled the scroll and smiled, skimming through it and giving it to them, “Read that.”

Edgar shuffled to Dove as he read the letter’s contents aloud.

‘Dear Spike,

I’m quite glad you needed proof of our friendship, so I’ve decided to write down everything Edgar will need to know.
Spike was hatched nearly twelve years ago by my student, Twilight Sparkle. He has been in my care since he was born, and was given to my student eight years after his birth. When he was in my care, I taught him how to send and receive letters through his fire breath, as well as schooling him.

Twilight took possession of Spike and began to take care of him much like I did years ago. When he lived in Canterlot, I always used to take him fishing during the spring, when the rainbow fish begin their mating season and they breach from the lake. He also liked to eat his weight in gems quite often, and since I had plenty, he’s got a stash of them hidden here in the castle.

When he moved to Ponyville with Twilight, he made friends with her new friends. I’ve received lots of letters from Spike re-telling my student’s lessons about friendship, along with her friends. I’ve also got souvenirs from their travels and their many adventures, along with a number of pictures. I’ve enclosed a picture of me,Spike, Twilight and her friends in the letter.
That’s basically all you need to know. If there is anything else you need to know, let Spike know.

Thank you for your understanding,
Princess Celestia.’

He put down the letter and found the photo of Spike, Celestia and their friends beside one another, and was amazed.

“My god, it’s all here. This photo simply proves it, he does know Celestia, as well as Rarity!”

Dove asked, “But wait, don’t you know her?”

“Yes, I do, but I’d never suspect a young dragon to be raised by the Princess.”

Whilst he was reading, the two had finished their breakfasts, patting their bellies as they sighed, slightly giggling.

Edgar gave the letter back to Spike, who gave it back to him. “Keep it, I’ve got nowhere to put it.”

Edgar shrugged and put the letter in his jacket. He then began to eat his breakfast, when the couple got up, Rarity saying, “Well, we mustn’t bother you any further, we shall be going.”

Edgar waved them off with a smile, “Have fun, you two.”

The couple walked out, as Edgar turned to Dove and said, “My mind has officially been blown.”

“Yeah. Well, there’s a lot of interesting characters in this country.” Dove smiled and walked off, leaving Edgar on his own.

------------------------

Spike and Rarity walked down the path, leading down a gentle slope through the forest, breaking off from the main path. Rarity walked in the lead as the dragon followed behind. He looked at her and asked, “How far is the pond from here?”

She smiled and replied, “It’s about half a mile this way. It won’t take long.”

He nodded and walked beside her, the two walking past the towering trees as they followed the small path, its edges covered with flowers and colourful foliage of all sorts. They walked to a log hanging over a small creek, to which Rarity hopped up to and walked over, Spike following behind. They saw sunlight beaming down on them in the distance, an open area in the thick forest. They walked through the tall grass covering the entrance and found themselves at the pond.

The pond was in an open area, not covered by any trees as the sun shined through. The only tree in the area was a pink blossom tree, the petals flowing from the tree into the pond as a brook trickled in the distance. The pond was surrounded by flowers of all sorts, as butterflies hovered above, their wings refracting off the water.

Rarity gazed at the pond and for once had a happy memory of her time with Gray, the two cuddling together as they sat on the water’s edge, watching the schools of fish flow in the water.

She laid on the edge of the pond, dipping her forehooves into the water. Spike sat beside her, dipping his feet into the water as he kicked gently. The unicorn sighed, smiling, “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”

Spike nodded, looking in awe at his surroundings. She giggled to herself, “This pond is still the same after all these years.”

“I bet it is. Not much can change to hills and countryside in three years.”

“Certainly not.”

The young dragon kicked at the water again, a question burning inside his head. He looked at Rarity and sighed, wanting the answer to this question he wanted to know for a long time. “Rarity, be truthful. How close were you to Gray?”

She looked at him and sighed, looking at her reflection in the water. “Spike, I told you a few nights ago how I was... a bit open with my boyfriends. Heck, I wouldn’t call most of them ‘actual’ boyfriends.”

“Yeah?”

“I should tell you when I was younger, that I got around a lot, and had hanky-panky with many different colts and mares back in college.”

Spike looked at his reflection in disbelief, but wanted to know her relationship. “Was it a lot?”

“I had a sex addiction in college, to be honest. But, there were the few times I was truly in love with a colt. Not for one night, but a pony I would like to spend my life with, and I managed to curb the addiction. Too bad they all ended in not seeing each other, or the colt cheating on me.

I began to know just how much it hurt to be heartbroken. I was transforming back into the lady I was when I was a little filly, and I stayed that way through my life. Then Gray appeared.”

Spike shuffled closer, wanting to hear more of the story.

“Gray was the first colt I met in college who seemed like the pony I would spend eternity with, that we would go to the stars and back to enjoy our lives. He took me out to dinner and he decided to invite me for a pampering at the spa he worked for. He took he under his hoof and we had a lot of fun, believe me...
Well, it was the third day of my visit here, and that morning, he took me here to this pond, because it was his own special place, where he would find peace and serenity. It was the first time I knew that love was something that must be treasured...”

She began to tear up. “And how easy it is to break.”

Spike placed an arm around her as she continued, tears streaming down her face. “After that night, I thought I would never love again, to think I would spend my time as a lonely mare who was used for sexual actions. Prince Blueblood was the colt I targeted afterwards, ever since I got a crush on him in elementary school.”

Spike added, “And then the gala happened...”

“Yes, the gala happened. To be honest, my love life was tarnished after that night, and then I thought I would never love again. That was when I started to treat you better.

When we met, I mostly used you for my tasks, and I didn’t see you as the dragon who would become one of my closest friends. I saw him as a doormat, to be walked over, and I know that is not how you should be treated. I stopped using you as a pincushion, and began spending time with you, such as Twilight’s after-birthday party, Peewee’s discovery...”

“Hearts and Hooves day.”

“Oh, Hearts and Hooves day... What a day that was, Spike. That was when I saw you as a friend, someone who can be trusted, and treated fairly without being looked down upon. The dinner, the fireworks show, and our first true kiss.”

The couple cuddled together, reminiscing of their night out. They watched the pond ripple as the gentle trickle of the brook lingered in the air.

The unicorn looked at Spike and said, “Spike, have I ever told you that you are the best friend I could ever ask for?”

“I think you have.”

“Spike, I want you to know that me, Twilight and our friends love you so much, and that you shouldn’t let anypony tell you differently.”

“Thanks, Rarity... I love you.”

“I love you too, Spikey Wikey...”

The couple turned and kissed, their lips meeting as they held their kiss, the sound of the forest whistling past them. They broke the kiss as Spike said, “But don’t you think I’m too young for you?”

“That may be so, but that doesn’t mean I can’t pin you down and smother you in hugs and kisses, does it?”

“Rarity, what do you have in mind?”

She pounced the dragon and pinned him by his arms, kissing the dragon repeatedly as her lips climbed around his face and neck. He laughed as he received the kisses, his hands reaching to her cheeks as she leant in for another long kiss. They broke the kiss and sat up, giggling.

Spike smiled and asked, “Yeah... should we go shopping?”

“Yeah, I think I’ve reminisced long enough now.”

She stood up and stretched, as Spike walked to her. “Ready, Spike?”

The couple walked out of their small area and back into the forest, walking up the trail and back to civilisation.

---------------------

Edgar walked through the main garden of the spa, his pipe sticking out of his mouth. He walked to the main stairs and saw a mailpony waiting at the door, the colt having a yellow coat and brown hair.

Edgar walked to the mailpony and asked, “Ah, good morning. Is there something for me?”

He pulled a letter out of his bag, “Yes, it’s from the Fairtree Prison.”

“Goodness. It must be my son.” He took the letter and opened it.

He scanned the letter and dropped his pipe in shock. The mailpony looked at him and asked, “Are you alright, sir?”

“Oh god, I knew I shouldn’t have told him about Rarity...”

He took the letter, picked up his pipe and ran off, heading back down the hill as the mailpony watched in confusion. Sandra, the receptionist, walked out and saw Edgar run off. “What’s with Edgar?”

“I just gave him a letter from the prison. He said something about ‘Rarity’.”

“Rarity? Oh dear, Gray’s been reminded...”

She closed the door, leaving the mailpony on his own. “So, do I get tipped for this, or what?”

--------------------------

Back at the village, Rarity and Spike walked towards the bakery and headed inside, a strong smell of caramel filling the room. A middle-aged, female pony came out of the kitchen and walked to the counter, “Hello, how may I help you?”

Rarity smiled and asked, “Yes, can we have two slices of your caramel fudge, please?”

“Certainly!” She smiled as she picked up some tongs, picked up two medium sized blocks of fudge and put them in a paper bag. She handed them the bag and said, “Okay, that’ll be five bits total, please?”

“Rarity handed her the bits and took the bag, walking off with a wave as the baker said, “Have a nice day, you two!”
The couple walked outside and took a slice of fudge each, and took a bite out of it. Spike felt his legs go weak as he bit into the fudge, the sweet, syrupy taste of the caramel welling inside him.

He looked at Rarity, his eyes gleaming as he moaned, “Oh, sweet Cadence, that’s the best fudge ever...”

Rarity giggled and replied, “I told you so, didn’t I? It’s my most favourite fudge in Equestria, and I order some every few months. Sweetie Belle has grown addicted to it as I have as well.”

“Yeah, could you save some for me if you order some?”

“Certainly, Spike. I shall save some for the others as well.”

The two walked across the road and to the clothes shop, Rarity pulling out the napkin from earlier out of her bag. She read the number and address and walked into the shop, walking towards the counter.

The clerk, a unicorn colt with an ocean gray coat and white hair stood at the till, looking at Rarity as she walked forward.
“Hello, how may I help you?”

She looked at the napkin and handed it to the clerk, “Yes, I got this from Edgar Hoofington, and he told me to give it to you.”

The clerk examined the napkin, and smiled, “Ah, a friend of Edgar, are we? Please, follow me.”

The couple followed the clerk to the aisles and said, “You see, Edgar is a friend of mine, and he used to work for me. This napkin contains his ordering info from his membership account, so this allows you to order a dress for yourself, and a suit for your friend.”

Rarity gasped in excitement, “A new dress?! Oh, Edgar, what a wonderful pony he is!”

The clerk chuckled and said, “Pick out a dress that suits you, Miss...”

“Rarity.”

“Rarity, Miss Rarity.”

The unicorn scanned the dresses lined up for her, inspecting each one. The clerk watched her examine each dress, and turned to the dragon, “Does she always examine dresses like this?”

“She’s a seamstress; she does this on a regular basis.”

“I see. Well, a taste for dresses would be her forte.”

Rarity found a pink ball gown, with white frills lining the hem and a poufy carriage, reminding her a lot of her gala dress, only more fabulous. “I want this one, please.”

“Fair enough. And for the dragon?”

“Just fit me with a snazzy suit and I’m good.”

“Very well. If you two would like to follow me...”

The couple followed the clerk, their choices of clothing hovering past them as they walked into a dressing room. The lights flicked on as a podium surrounded by mirrors stood before them. The clerk held a hoof for Rarity to stand on the podium as she took the dress. She climbed into the dress as she clipped the back, the dress snuggling up against her.

She turned to the mirror and gasped, “Oh my goodness, this dress looks more amazing when worn!”

She pulled a few poses and looked at each of the dresses sides, the clerk watching in wonder. “I say, you look simply fabulous.”

“Thank you. Spike, what do you think?”

“I think it may be the best thing you’ve worn in ages, and you look amazing in it.”

She beamed as she looked back into the mirror; her cheeks blushed a pink colour.

The clerk then asked, “Would your friend like to try his own, now?”

“Oh, of course.” She replied, stepping off the podium as Spike put his shirt on. He climbed into his trousers, fitted his blazer on and fitting his tie as he climbed onto the podium. He looked at the mirror and whistled, “Darn, I look sexy.”

Rarity giggled, the clerk asking, “How does it fit?”

“It fits really well, thank you. I could see myself using this in the future. Rarity, what are your thoughts?”

“You look simply smashing, darling. I’d definitely take you out to dinner in that.”

He chuckled to himself and walked off the podium. The clerk walked out of the dressing room and back to the till, removing the tags and rang them up, using Edgar’s account number to serve as their payment. He gave the napkin back and gave them their purchases. “Thank you for shopping with us, I do hope you shop again soon.”

The two walked out of the shop and back into the street, their purchases in a bag. Rarity looked at Spike and said, “You know, I’ve really enjoyed today, and we’ve only just started.”

“I know, it’s been amazing. I’m so glad I got to spend this holiday with you.”

“I agree. If I went with one of the girls, we would spend most of our time sitting about gossiping. With you, I have so much to show you, it’s unbelievable.”

“Yeah, but you could take that mentality with our friends. I mean, they’ve never been here, you could show them everything here, and they’d be as surprised and satisfied as I would be.”

“That’s quite right, Spike. I think we should go back to the spa and have a nice bath, we’ve been walking for a while now, and that bath is simply amazing.”

Before they could even cross the road, they saw Edgar running towards them, Rarity asking, “Edgar, I simply must thank you for the new dress. It’s simply—“

Edgar cut them off and said, “There’s no time for that now. There’s something you must read.”

He handed her the letter as she put the bag down and read it;

‘Dear Edgar Hoofington,

Your son, Gray Hoofington has booked a meeting with you, Miss Rarity and Mr Spike at the Fairtree Prison heavy internment meeting rooms.

The meeting will commence at 11 o’clock today, and has specified two separate meetings with you, and then with Miss Rarity and Mr Spike. Each meeting will be ten minutes long, and you will be required to attend.
If you have any queries, do contact us and let us know.

Signed,
Night Watch, Chief Constable of Fairtree Police.’

Rarity shook as she finished reading the letter, her gut churning at the mere reminder of having to meet Gray Hoofington. She stared at the letter in sheer dread and fear, tears streaming down her eyes as her pupils shrank. Edgar shook the mare, bringing her back to reality. “Rarity, remain calm. The meeting rooms are safely barricaded, so Gray can do nothing to you.

I know meeting him after all these years is scary, but you will be safe, and we will make sure of that. Come on, we must catch a carriage.”

Edgar and Spike ushered Rarity to the bus stop, picking up the shopping bag as they got onto a carriage. “Driver; Fairtree Prison, please.”

The carriage trotted off down the pathway, towards the main city of Fairtree.

------------------------

The prison had a dull light in its waiting room, the heavy interment ward looming over Rarity and Spike as they sat on a bench, the unicorn shaking in her seat as Spike patted her, making sure she was safe.

He quietly asked, “Are you okay, Rarity?”

She nodded, muttering her agreement through her tears.

Edgar walked out of the meeting room, letting a deep sigh out. “Well, it’s your turn, you two.”

He walked to the couple and helped Rarity into the room, Spike closing the door behind them as a guard stood in the corner of the room. Rarity sat down on the seat as the dragon stood beside her.

Gray sat in front of her, looking at the table in front of him. He looked up, and gave a twisted smile. “Hello, Rarity. It’s been a long time.”

She nodded and replied quietly, “It has been, yeah...”

He sat back and chuckled, “Three years I’ve been locked up in this prison. Three years... has it really been that long?”

He turned to the guard, “Hey, guard, has it been three years already?!”

“Gray, you only have ten minutes. Don’t test me right now.”

He laughed, turning back to Rarity and noticing the dragon standing before her. “So, this is Spike, is it? I thought he’d be a bit taller and older, but opposites attract, you know...”

The dragon said nothing as Gray looked at him, waiting for an answer. He nodded and laughed again, “Quite the silent bunch, aren’t you? Come on, the guard said we only have ten minutes, and I want some answers.”

Rarity looked at Spike, and nodded, “Okay, what is you wish to know, Gray?”

“Isn’t it obvious to you already? I only wanted to see you again. It’s been far too long, dear, and time is a fickle thing. It waits for nopony. And I’ve been honestly dying to see how you’ve got on.”

He leant forward and asked, “So, how’s life? Made some new friends?”

“Why should you know?”

“I’m just curious. Don’t worry; I’ve got no-one to tell my stories to. Your secrets are safe with me.”

Rarity sighed and replied, “I’ve made some new friends, yes. I’ve been very well since the incident.”

“Excellent. See, now we’re getting somewhere!”

Spike looked at him and replied, “You know, Rarity isn’t one to be mocked!”

“Oh, pardon me, but I didn’t want any brat interrupting me at the moment, so shut your lip and I’ll speak to you in due time.”

Rarity looked at him angrily, “Don’t speak to Spike like that!”

“Oh, the cat has claws, I see? The cat I took under my horn and fucked her brains out...”

Rarity winced at his words, Gray leaning forward. “Do you remember when we first met? How you were instantly smitten for me, like you always were towards other colts? Like the little slut that you are...”

Spike spoke up again, “Hey, don’t call her a slut!”

“Oh, shut your yap, you insufferable prick! You’ll speak when spoken to, alright?!”

The guard restrained Gray as Spike winced, the colt laughing quietly, “Oh yes, my bad behaviour isn’t tolerated here...”
He sat forward as the guard stood back, “You remember, don’t you? How you fell under my spell because I could afford five summer homes. You were just too easy.”

She flicked her hair, “Yes, I was a stupid girl back in high school, but now I can see who you really are. I bet this isn’t the first time you’ve done this. I bet that you are a two-timing, ill-minded good-for-nothing brute, aren’t you?!”

She seethed through her teeth, her fear now building into pure rage. Gray smiled, “The claws are sharp with this one. I do like strong, dominating girls, you know...”

She sat back, breathing heavily. Gray nodded and asked, “Can I ask you something, Spike?”

He looked up in fear, “What?”

“What made you fall for this girl? Was it her looks, her personality, her money?”

Spike sighed, “Her looks.”

He chuckled, “See, Rarity? Even boys aren’t so different.”

She spoke again, “Look, Gray. I know you just want to put us down, and I apologize for my language, but I just want to cut the bullshit and tell you to back off!”

Gray looked at her in mild surprise, sitting back and twiddling his hooves. “Well, you’ve certainly grown some during my stay. Maybe your boyfriend could learn something from you.”

Spike then felt the courage to speak up again, “You know, Rarity’s right, just cut the bull dung and back off. You have no right to put us down, and you can just crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out off and die a slow, painful death, you horrible backstabber.”

Gray nodded, “You decide to disobey me, why?”

“Because you said to learn something from Rarity, and I did, by not taking any more abuse.”

He smiled and clapped his hooves together, “Well done, my friend. You learn quickly for a young dragon such as yourself. Trust me, the feeling of victory won’t last for long.”

Spike laughed, “What can you do? You’re in there, and we’re out here.”

He leant forward, “That still doesn’t mean I’m not going to fuck your girlfriend’s brains out...”

“Hello, earth to Gray? You’re in prison, and we’re in the free world, able to do as we please. You can’t do diddly-squat.”
Gray clenched his teeth, and looked at the cocky dragon again, “You don’t think I’m scary enough? Just watch me, you cocky little fuck.”

The guard tapped him on the shoulder and said, “Come on, Gray. Visitin’ time is over.”

He sighed, walking with the guard, “I’m glad we had this little talk, Rarity. It’ll be sweet nothings compared to when I get out of here...”

His voice dropped to a low, pissed off growl, “You may not think I will, but I will, and your boyfriend is the first to go.”
Spike looked at him with slight worry, starting to become scared to Gray again. He was ushered out of the room as Rarity sat there, looking at the ground. The dragon patted her thigh and asked, “Rarity?”

She looked at him through teary eyes, her make-up running. Spike smiled at her, “Don’t worry. He won’t get us. He doesn’t even know where we live, and he’ll have no chance of getting out.”

She sniffled and gave the dragon a smile, and a hug, before walking out. Edgar greeting them and walked them out of the prison. Rarity looked at the old pony and said, “Gray’s a bit different, isn’t he?”

Edgar nodded, “I believe so, yes.”

Spike added, “He said he’ll get us when he gets out of jail, but what chance does he have of getting out with that attitude?”

“Exactly, dear boy. Gray hasn’t got a hope in the world that he’ll get out, and be grateful, he’s a bit twisted ever since he was committed.”

“We can see that.”

Rarity smiled and said, “Well, I don’t think Gray will be leaving soon, but what if he does?”

“Don’t worry, Rarity. He won’t get past us, and if he lays a single hoof on you, he’ll be sorry.”

She nodded and placed a hoof around Spike, “I guess you’re right.”

The three walked back into the sunlight, leaving the prison and Gray behind. Rarity hopped on the coach with a new smile on her face, her friends hopping on with her as the coach took off, heading back to the town.

-----------------------------

That night, back inside the prison, Gray laid on his bed, reading a classy adult novel to calm him down. He looked at the clock, the time reading 2:24AM. He looked up when the door opened, a large Pegasus walking in, dressed in a prisoner’s uniform. Gray put the book down and said, “Ah, good evening, Nimbus.”

He replied in a gruff tone, “’Sup, Gray?”

“Oh, not much, I’ve just been busy. How about you, my friend?”

“I’m alright.”

Gray nodded, and remembered that the door is usually locked and nopony can get in. “Wait, how did you get into my room? Did you sneak in for some hanky-panky again, you naughty dog, you?”

Nimbus grimaced and walked aside, showing a bag of laundry. He prompted Gray to open it, and found a guard with a broken neck lying inside. “Oh, nasty. Tell me, how did you do it?”

“Simple. I asked a guard to check on me and come in, a quick manoeuvre and boom. One dead guard.”

“Nice. But why did you bring a dead guard to me, and let me out of my cell when guards are walking about above us?”

“I plan to get you out by sacrificing myself.”

“Sacrifice? But why?”

“I’ve lived a good lie, and I’m not gonna spend three hundred years locked up in here. I might as well get it over with.”

“But, Equestria doesn’t believe in the death penalty.”

“They’re gonna wish they did.”

Nimbus stood by the balcony and pulled the dead guard out of the bag, and tossing it up.

The guard flinched in horror at the dead guard and talked into his radio, “Sir, we’ve got two escapees and a dead guard. Send in the squad and pursue the prisoners.”

The guard gave chase as more guards began following them, a mob eventually forming. The two leapt from a balcony onto lower ground, charging past guards in the vain hope of making an escape. Soon, attack dogs were unleashed on the prisoners, as they made it through the wards and past the mess hall, barging past the tables and benches as Nimbus acted as a battering ram.

They made their way to the entrance, and their escape was halted by a mob of guards. Nimbus and Gray looked around them, circled by guards, attack dogs and riot squad. The Pegasus looked at Gray as he picked him up and aimed at a window, “Good luck out there, Gray.”

“But, what about you?”

“I’ll be alright. I’ve lived long enough.”

Gray nodded and pointed at the window, as Nimbus flung him from it before being dogpiled by guards, Gray flying down the hill and into the trees. He crashed and rolled on the slope and eventually stopped by a tree before getting to his feet, stripping his uniform off and giving a slasher smile, running to the north, towards the village.

He ran past the trees, the smile planted on his face, “So, after a lucky escape, I’m free. First order of business, Rarity.”
As he ran, another evil laugh escaped him, his laughter ringing through the trees as he dashed towards the town, the night sky glowing above him. Gray had escaped, his plan now under way. Now nothing can go wrong.

To Be Concluded...

Author's Note:

Expect Part 2 of this chapter to be published sometime next week. I've got to finish it first.

Comments and criticism are appreciated.