• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 5,648 Views, 90 Comments

Treasure-Your-Own-Trixie - CategoricalGrant



A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure romance fanfiction; can you win the magician’s heart?

  • ...
4
 90
 5,648

Chapter 12

A year and a half later, Trixie opens your door with her key and wipes her hooves on your doormat. “You better have a good reason for dragging me out here through the snow!”

You are adorned in a top hat and a magician’s cape you had hoof stitched, although poorly. “Welcome to my magic show!”

Trixie snorts. “Oh, this oughta be good.” She takes a seat in front of you.

On the folding table in front of you is a small box. “Watch, as I reveal the mystical item inside of this secret box, using the secret, magic words!” You ready your wand and tap it three times against the table. “Will you marry me!?”

A small puff of smoke dissipates slowly, revealing a diamond ring.

You smile nervously and look at Trixie, who is wearing a blank face. After a moment, you garner the courage to speak up. “S-so? What do you think of the trick?”

Trixie snorts again, albeit derisively this time, and shakes her head. Sighing, she rolls her eyes. “That was one of the stupidest magic tricks I’ve ever seen.”

Your heart sinks in your chest and a feeling of dread comes over you. “Really?”

“Really.” Trixie stands up and floats the ring over onto her horn, now unable to hide her smile. “But, luckily for you, Trixie will marry you anyway.” Trotting over to you, she plants a warm kiss onto your lips and melts into your embrace.

“I love you,” you tell her softly.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself,” she scolds. “That’s after dinner talk.”


PERFECT ENDING

Author's Note:

TBH these shorter CYOAs are more manageable than the 20k+ word monstrosities I wrote. Not saying I won't make more of those, but expect a few more of these.

If you want to support me, Buy me a coffee!
OFFICIAL FAN GROUP HERE
GROUP DISCORD HERE

Comments ( 33 )

Sweet, another CYOA from the master of adorable!
Any ending is a win-win here. I can't get enough of this stuff!

That "(not so) bad? ending" was just amazing. I'll take it too lol

Comment posted by Jake The Army Guy deleted Jan 11th, 2020

Yeet. Do one for Starlight

Great story. Only complaints include three chapters leading to the same place, and Starlight being (mostly) neglected

This is adorable and I love it

And finally, I get the perfect first try, guess I just know Trixie too well

Woo hoo, I got the good ending! Heh, this was cute.

Poor Starlight, tho! Gurl put up with so much.

Nice! :yay: Second run for the best ending it seem. Well... Cant get really go better from here :raritywink: Wonder what Starlight Glimmer is doing :duck:

Great and Powerfull Foals ahead :ajsmug:

Very nice and sweet. I got the Perfect Ending! Go, me!

Ok, so I'm fully aware that CYOA means Choose Your Own Adventure, but every time I see the acronym, my brain immediately thinks it's a Russian word and tries to pronounce it as such.

Took me three tries!

But that ain’t bad.

Thanks for doing these! So much fun!!

10022447

Decided, or simply became the thing every SAID she was. A braggart, a two-bit show pony and rude. Twilight tried to be understanding, but her friends just couldn't accept a fake pony and hassled her performance one by one until Twilight was forced forward.

Is this referring to her first appearance in Ponyville?
Get back here, Cala! CALA! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME! I'LL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

I keep seeing "pleasure" your own Trixie.

10022447

She's like among the ten most powerful unicorns in Equestria

Where are you getting that? I mean, the entire point of her debut episode was about how she isn't some high-level magic user. She is an amazingly talented stage magician, yeah, but without the Alicorn Amulet, she doesn't appear to be all that powerful.

10022371
Narcissists deserve love too!

Short, but a really good fic. Great job!

This reads as if it was made to excite a twelve year old. Honestly I feel for a CYOA thing based around romance it certainly fell flat on its face.

10023868
I see I have some NEIGH-sayers in the audience

10023892
Honesty no. I actually like the idea of a “build your own adventure” type story as it really makes it interesting with the different paths. I tried most of the arcs in this and I just felt empty and well... some what immature.

Is there supposed to be links in the authors note? If so they're not working. Great story, I really enjoyed the wholesome nature and the fact that no ending was inherently a 'bad' ending.

10023524
I feel like a lot of people don't understand that 100% of Trixie's charm is that she is so narcissistic she is literally fooled by her own stage persona, and is too deluded to see she's actually really awful at magic that isn't hoodwinking or humiliating someone else. At the same time she's street smart and knows how to trick people into believing her own bullshit, because duh, that's her talent. She makes a living off tricking people, including herself. Being so obviously flawed yet campy and self-indulgent in her own petty villainy is the only reason she stood out. Later episodes whiffed this aspect of her character entirely and turned her into Generic Friend #12.

I guess I did pretty good on my first try. Now to check out the other branches. :twilightsmile:

Your CYOAs are always a fun experience.

10025025
And lose your lifes control shortly after... Well planned :facehoof:

I'm surprised the final chapter didn't end with "Great and Powerful Ending."

Huh, got here on my first try. 👍

Smh. Trixie, Trixie. You snarky and adorable mare. :ajsmug:

I WISH for a Pinkie Pie Story.

FINALLY! PERFECT ENDING FIRST TRY! :rainbowwild:

Do you know the password for your twilight sparkle story because I would really like to read it

Do you know the password for your twilight sparkle story because I would really like to read it and the love your own luna link is broken

10778803
They’re both down for editing right now! I hope to have them both back up eventually

Got the perfect ending first try LESS GO

ya me estaba espantando cuando dijo eso ...

Login or register to comment