• Published 29th Nov 2019
  • 1,881 Views, 57 Comments

The Wall Between Us - Godslittleprincess



Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle finally put down the masks.

  • ...
4
 57
 1,881

Chapter 7: Follow-Up

“So, are you going to try talking to her again?” Micro Chips asked Flash during lunch on Wednesday.

“I don’t know,” Flash replied as he listlessly pushed his food around with his fork. “She said that she was going through something and that she had to figure it out first. What could be so bad that knowing how I feel about her is making her panic?”

“Maybe she’s having boyfriend problems,” Derpy offered.

“That’s definitely possible,” Micro agreed.

“Ahem,” somebody cleared her throat from behind the three of them. The three friends turned around and saw Twilight standing behind them.

“Oh, hey,” Micro greeted. “We were just talking about you.”

“Nothing bad I hope,” Twilight said with a small smile. “Anyway, I kind of need to talk to Flash, alone.”

Flash, Micro, and Derpy shared a look with each other and then nodded.

“Good luck,” Micro whispered to his friend as he and Derpy got up and left the table.

Flash gestured for Twilight to take a seat next to him. Twilight did so, but every time she tried to talk to him, she kept turning away and biting her lip.

“So,” Flash initiated, “about yesterday.”

“I’m sorry,” Twilight blurted out. “I’m sorry that the girls and I eavesdropped on you, and I’m sorry that I just ran off on you like that. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Twilight, it’s okay,” Flash reassured her. “I know that you never meant to hurt me.”

“But I did hurt you.”

Flash didn’t answer. He turned towards her, and once again, the two of them locked eyes.

“Listen, I know that you already know what I’m going to try to say,” Flash began, “but I want you to know that I meant every word. I like you, Twilight Sparkle. I like how you go out of your way to help others, how you always figure out what to do, and how you are so good at planning ahead. You are just an all-around amazing person, and I know you might not agree, but I think you’re totally out of my league.”

Twilight couldn’t help but smile and giggle at that. A blush bloomed on her face, and her eyes lit up like Christmas lights.

Flash got ready to continue with the rest of his confession, but Twilight stopped him before he could go further.

“Flash, wait,” she said. “Before you bring up Timber, I think there’s something you should know. I, uh, broke up with him yesterday.”

“What?” Flash exclaimed, his eyes popping from their sockets. “Why? The two of you seemed happy together.”

“We were, but as the relationship went on, I wasn’t connecting with him the way I did before,” Twilight explained. “I had planned on letting him down gently the other day, but then, information came to light that led to me just straight up dumping him.”

“Okay.” Flash raised an eyebrow at her last statement. “I kinda want to know what happened, but I also know that it’s none of my business.”

Twilight fidgeted in her seat before continuing, “You know what? I think I can trust you with this, so I’m going to tell you. Timber Spruce had flirted with and unintentionally led on another girl while he was on his lifeguard job, and when he was confronted about it, he tried to lie his way out of it and refused to own up to what he did.”

Flash nodded in understanding. “You know, for a guy who likes nerd stuff, that was a pretty dumb thing to do.”

“Exactly what I was thinking,” Twilight agreed.

“So,” Flash bit his lip as he scooted about an inch away from Twilight, “I’m guessing that you’re going to need a little time to get over the breakup before you even begin thinking about dating again, huh?”

Twilight looked away to process her thoughts for a few seconds before looking back at him. Then, she impulsively reached out her hand and put it on top of Flash’s. Time seemed to slow down. The two of them could feel their hearts beating faster and their faces growing warmer.

“You know what?” Twilight stated, the smile on her face growing ever so slightly. “Just give me a couple weeks, and we’ll see from there, okay?”

“I’m looking forward to it.”

Author's Note:

This is technically the last chapter of this story. The next two chapters don't really add anything to the plot. They're just fun little extras related to this story. :twilightsmile: