• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 2,342 Views, 143 Comments

Dear Diary - KitsuneRisu



These are the final pages of the diary of Fluttershy, collected from her home and from the waters of the pond by her retreat. We hope she returns to us soon.

  • ...
3
 143
 2,342

14th of March, 1129, Thursday (cont.)

14th of March, 1129, Thursday (cont.)

Okay. Okay.

I over-reacted. I tend to do so around Rainbow. I don’t know why. Maybe you do, Diary, but I am very embarrassed now. I haven’t felt this embarrassed since I was a young filly, back in the days.

I never really wanted to go back there, but Rainbow... she makes me feel young. She makes me feel like a filly, hiding away in the corners.

Not in a bad way. But in a way where I just can’t control my emotions around her.

But—in this case—it wasn’t my fault. I have to say that a lot to myself, but sometimes, things aren’t my fault.

Sometimes things aren’t my fault.

Sometimes things aren’t my fault.

Sometimes things aren’t my fault.

Okay. I got it.

You know, the silly thing is, we argued today because I blamed myself again. It popped up. As you knew it would.

She told me I haven’t changed. And I

feel that I changed.

I have, haven’t I, dear Diary? From those days long ago when I used to cower and cry at everything. The days that honestly bring me a little shame. The days that used to hurt.

I am more confident now. I have been for a while.

And yet, before Rainbow, things always come apart.

But we had a talk about it. We talked about it, and she apologized. She told me that, yes, it was her, not me. And I want to believe it. I wanted to believe it back then, too.

Their lives were not on my hooves.

I promised myself that I would believe it one day.

I’ll have to try. Keep trying.