• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 861 Views, 1 Comments

Tiempo de Vals - FALG



That waltz made our feelings stronger.

  • ...
2
 1
 861

Didn't tell you before

Once outside, she walked in front of me for a while, why didn't I fasten my pace to be on her side? Was I still afraid or something? But we had our heads on the shoulder of the other. Those were my thoughts back then.
She finally stopped in front of a fence, and she flapped her wings to sit on it, I did the same.

We kept silence for a long time, well, at least it was long for me. But when I looked at her she had a smile on her face, looking at the sky.

"What are we doing here?" I finally asked.

"There are a few things we haven't told each other. I'd like to mention a few of them tonight" she responded without taking her eyes out of the stars.

"Yeah? Like what?"

"You tell me."

"I'm sorry Fluttershy but I don't understand what are you trying to tell me."

"You didn't tell me everything about your one-week dream after we got robbed." she said looking at me with aneutral face.

"What? I told you eveything about my dream, why do you think I haven't?"

"Because I didn't do it either." she responded, looking again at the stars.

"What?" I asked again.

"Well, I haven't told you everything that happened while you were passed out." she explained.

"How is that?"

"Do you remember what the board said about you in day one? During night time?"

More colour on the cheeks.

"Yeah? What about it?" I asked a bit nervous.

"Well, I kind of am related to that reaction."

"Fluttershy, I... like you"

"H-how are you related to that reaction Fluttershy?"

"Well..."

"It's just that you're too beautiful Fluttershy."


Fluttershy's point of view:

Fluttershy was in Flare's room, it was late out there, but she promised herself she'd watch over him until he woke up. She only left the hospital to take care of her animals. But she slept every night in his room.

"Can you hear me Flare?" Fluttershy asked him.
Maybe she was going crazy she thought, to talk to an unconcious pony.

"You know? They say that ponies that are unconcious are able to hear what others talk around him or her."
He didn't respond.

"Maybe I can try now. Well, here we go."

"We know each other for just some time now, and despite that, I feel great near you, I can't realize why, but it's true. You don't have to fight two colts at the same time to prove yourself to me, but you still fought those robbers to protect me. I can't believe my life and my well-being means so much to a pony."
She sighed, trying to relieve her nervousness.

"Now, I'm just afraid we would not be able to share more time together. The doctors still say that you'll wake up in a week or so. But I can't get used to the idea that this is nothing to worry about."
She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath before continuing, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I don't know what I'd do if something happens to you. We only know each other for just a month but you made such a huge impact in my life, that I can't deny it."

"I love you... Flare."

And with that, she kissed Flare's inert lips.

After a while, Fluttershy saw something different on his face, she saw colour. And quickly ran out to get a nurse.
She told the nurse what she saw, but she kept to herself one detail.

There was also a small grin on his face.


Back to Flare:

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, she loves me?

"I didn't tell you before because I didn't want to ruin what we had; I mean, and what if the feelings weren't reciprocal? I wouldn't know what to do." Fluttershy explained.

I just looked at her agape. I couldn't believe I made such a huge impact on her.

"Well, since we are being honest, I'll confess my side of the story now." I said, and explained about what happened in my dream, during the train; but now I didn't skip the kiss, and I also told her that at the "supposed" next day, we woke up next to each other, covered with a blanket we shared.

"I also didn't tell you before because I didn't want to ruin our frienship too. But everyday it was harder for me, because I didn't see you as a friend anymore." I explained "And with each day that passed that I've tried to flirt with you, and that you rejected, I was losing hope that maybe we could be coltfriends sometime."

"So, do you forgive me for not being honest to you from the beginning?" she asked.

"You don't have to apologize for that, sometimes you have to keep those feelings to yourself until the time comes."

"You think?"

"Absolutely, things have to build up before saying anything, well, that's my theory anyway." I said laughing a little.
She giggled too, and we stayed hugging for a while, looking at the sky.

When we got off of the fence, Fluttershy said:

"I want to thank you for asking me to dance Flare, it was a beautiful time."

"If you wanna know, I wanted to dance that song with my special somepony. I'm really happy it was you Fluttershy." I replied while stroking her cheek.

"There is something I want to give you." she said, and looked through her dress looking for something.
I waited a bit, and she finally grabbed something with her hoof and showed it to me, it was something yellow.

"Um, forgive my silly question, but what is that?"

"It's pegasi custom that, when they molt their feathers, they keep the first, so they can give it to their special somepony. It's a symbol of love and affection."

"This is... your first molted feather?"

"Yes, since you were coming here to the gala, I wanted to take this chance, as I wouldn't find any better one than this."

"Do you accept it?"
I looked the feather for a while, it was smaller than her actual ones. After looking the feather, I finally said:

"I do."
And with that she handed me the feather; the second she touched my hoof, I grabbed hers to secure it to mine. I drew nearer to her, closing the gap between us a bunch; I could feel her breath as she looked at me with those eyes of hers.

And as we closed our eyes, our lips met, for the second time. It was like I felt it in my dream.

I heard some flapping and I opened my eyes to see, Fluttershy was unwillingly fluttering her wings during our kiss. She only gave me a sheepish smile, but I just giggled.
I put her feather in my chest pocket, and told her:

"Wanna stay here for another while?"

"Absolutely."
Then I approached some bushes with flowers, and picked up a dark red carnation, and put it in her left ear.

"Now, carnations don't have as much value as a feather, but I didn't want to be left behind." I joked "Though dark red carnations have the same meaning: Deep love and affection."

She approached me for a hug, and whispered:

"I love you Flare."

Now, fully aware of my feelings, I said:

"I love you too Fluttershy."

Comments ( 1 )

Ahem.

d'AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!

That is all.

Login or register to comment