• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 1,976 Views, 53 Comments

Fleetfire - Melody Song



the story of how Spitfire and Fleetfoot fall in love and their adventures together

  • ...
5
 53
 1,976

One-Shot Equestria Girls

Author's Note:

Okay so I was listening to I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry and got this idea stuck in my head so of course I had to write it down! Enjoy!

(also, the Twilight in the story is Sci-Twi, I just didn't want to write Sci-Twi)

~Melody Song

"So, I've always been meaning to ask, how did you two end up..." Twilight trailed off while eyeing Spitfire and Fleetfoot. Fleetfoot had her head in Spitfire's lap as they sat on the Auditorium bleachers. Rainbow and Soarin were nearby, holding hands.

"Dating?" Spitfire replied, as Fleetfoot sat up slightly.

"Oh, I remember that! It was during the Solstice Celebration last year." Pinkie commented

"Yes, I remember it because we were all over at my house to try on our dresses." Rarity added

"Well, tell me." Twilight said

"Okay, so, usually, before a dance, we all sleepover at someone's house the night before. This year it was my place, so that we could go immediately into my work space the day after and get ready. That year Rainbow had also invited Spitfire and Fleetfoot, which wasn't usual. So, the night before was normal, but the next afternoon was a little different..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who's ready for a fashion show?" Rarity asked eagerly

"Why do we have to start so early? It's only one pm." Sunset commented

"Well, this year I need to start earlier so I have enough time to deal with four tomboys, rather than two."

"Hey!" Rainbow, Applejack, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot called.

"Oh you know it's true, just own it darlings." Rarity replied

"We were trying on the outfits I'd created, and I had some gorgeous choices for them. It was my first time actually trying to show off my designs. However, Spitfire and Fleetfoot weren't going to dress quietly..."

"Rarity, why can't I wear something normal?" Spitfire asked

"Because this is a school party Spitfire, you can't wear 'normal' clothes. Now try this on." Rarity shoved the dress into Spitfire's arms, then pushing her into the bathroom.

Spitfire came out a few minutes later, wearing the dress. It was a red-themed dress with yellow lining. The dress only had one sleeve, which was an orange fire-shaped design that wrapped over her shoulder. Spitfire spun slowly to show Rarity, who nodded, pushing her red framed sewing glasses up her nose.

"Yes, that will do. Fleetfoot, you're next." Rarity handed Fleetfoot her dress, and Fleetfoot took it begrudgingly, stepping past her friend and into the bathroom. Spitfire put her hand gently on Fleetfoot's shoulder.

"Good luck." she joked, chuckling. Fleetfoot laughed, blushing slightly.

Fleetfoot exited the bathroom, looking around. Spitfire was talking with Rainbow, who was also in her dress. Rarity gasped and clasped her hands together, beaming. Spitfire turned at the noise and gaped at Fleetfoot.

"It's beautiful Fleetfoot. You really should wear dresses more often, why you always hide that perfect body behind hoodies and jeans is beyond me. Same with you Spitfire."

"Well, I don't like wearing skirts." Spitfire shrugged, still smiling at Fleetfoot.

Her dress was a sleeveless white dress. The skirt grasped Fleetfoot's legs and clung to her slender frame. It was lined with ice blue swirls and patterns, with an extra layer of pale, ice blue, gauzy fabric. Rarity walked over and began hemming the skirt.

"Things carried on pretty much like normal, we talked for a while until Fluttershy checked the time and realized we would be late. So, we headed out to the cars to drive to the school. When we got there, Spitfire and Fleetfoot went to get some Sweet Apple Acres cider Applejack's family had provided. The rest of us were talking...until Rainbow got asked to dance by a certain someone." Rarity looked to Rainbow and Soarin, who both blushed.

"Hey Rainbow." Soarin walked up to the group of girls, wearing a black tux with navy blue lining.

"Who designed your outfit?!" Rarity asked

"Oh, Fashion Plate, he's over there." Soarin replied, then bowed and held out his hand to Rainbow. "Would you care to dance, m'lady?" he joked. Rainbow blushed and put her hand in his.

"Okay." she said, and he pulled her onto the dance floor.

"Looks like Fleetfoot and Spitfire are having fun." Sunset commented, looking over at the two.

They were hanging out by the drinks table, talking. Fleetfoot looked down at the ground, talking and blushing. Spitfire placed her hand on Fleetfoot's shoulder, smiling at her. Fleetfoot said something that made Spitfire blush and drop her cup. Then, she grabbed Fleetfoot and tugged her into a corner of the room.

"That's what I know. Spitfire, Fleetfoot, would you care to jump in and tell us what you were talking about?"

"Well, Fleet and I were having some cider, and talking..."

"So, I was thinking of making a new rank on the soccer team."

"Really? What? And who were you thinking of?" Fleetfoot asked, taking a sip of her cider.

"I was thinking Most Valuable Girl. Since there are more girls than boys. And I was considering you for the position." Fleetfoot choked on her cider and coughed into her cup.

"Me, really?"

"Of course Fleet. You're my best friend. Well, apart from Soarin, but he's a guy." Spitfire joked, and Fleetfoot giggled.

"Her laugh is so cute and light. Like being kissed by an angel." Spitfire thought, smiling. "Wait, what am I thinking? I can't have a crush on my best friend. Can I?"

"Thpitfire...do you mind me athking thomething? It'th kind of perthonal." Fleetfoot asked shyly.

"Of course not. What is it?"

"What'th your thexuality?"

"Oh...straight, I think." Spitfire said, looking into Fleetfoot's almond shaped, fuchsia eyes.

"You caught my attention Fleetfoot. Now I'm too curious to look away." Spitfire thought

"Anyway, why do you ask?" Spitfire asked, snapping back to reality.

"Well..." Fleetfoot looked down at the floor, blushing and trying to avoid Spitfire's gaze as she answered.

"Fleet, whatever it is, you can tell me." Spitfire said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Okay. I jutht realized today, when I thaw you in your drethth, and when you were thtaring at me...that I have a crush on you. I think I alwayth have."

Spitfire gasped and dropped her cup, which was luckily empty. She then grabbed Fleetfoot by the hand and pulled her into the corner of the room.

"Thpitfire? You're not mad, right?" Spitfire was unable to answer. She threw her arms around Fleetfoot's neck and kissed her.

Fleetfoot put her hands up, then lowered them and slipped her hands around Spitfire's waist. Spitfire pressed into the kiss, tasting Fleetfoot's chapstick. They broke apart after a minute.

"Thpitfire-?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean for this to go that way. I-I just wanted to see if I was bisexual. It felt so wrong...but so right at the same time." Spitfire breathed, eyes shining.

"Well, I bet it only felt wrong becauthe I wathn't ready." Fleetfoot said, reaching to put her hand on Spitfire's shoulder.

"Then, maybe we should dance. And maybe take a walk around school afterwards? And share another kiss?" Spitfire suggested. Fleetfoot smiled.

"I would love that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So that's how we started dating." Spitfire finished. Fleetfoot wrapped her arms around Spitfire's neck and kissed her cheek lightly.

"And when we went for a walk, guethth who we found kiththing in the hallway?" Fleetfoot asked, glancing at Rainbow and Soarin. They both were bright red.

"So you two weren't the only ones who got together that night." Twilight laughed

"Well, after the dance, Soarin and I went out a few times before we started dating officially, so does that actually count?" Rainbow asked

"Pretty sure it does." Applejack replied, smirking.