• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,669 Views, 43 Comments

Backwards: A Not so Element of Kindness - chewyrainbow



short story, Rainbow and Fluttershy, few Bff find something unwanted

  • ...
11
 43
 1,669

The Beginning

A few days before this all happened, Fluttershy was in her cottage feeding her animals. As usual Angel wouldn't eat, but instead of being stubborn, the rabbit bit her. Fluttershy was so upset by this, it made her cry, for she thought she had always taken good care of her animals, but yet, her kindness let her relax, she pushed the bowl of fresh greens, but the rabbit bit her again, all her other animals usually were content with this food, but angel wanted a fancy dinner of pureed' carrot soup with a fresh green salad of olive oil and vinegar, and to top it off for dessert, he wanted carrot flavored ice cream with of course whip cream and a cherry on top.

Fluttershy being who she was, made it, and forgot to add the whip cream, so the rabbit bit her again, but what she didn't notice was that her other animals stopped eating, they saw if they bit her, they would get what they wanted!

So when Fluttershy finished Angel's lunch, she began to feed the rest of the animals, and when she tried to get them to eat, did they? No! the bit her, and kept nipping her, not to rough though, until she made them all what they wanted.

Fluttershy was now covered in scratches and bites, and slowly began to want to slap an animal, so the next day, when Angel bit her, Fluttershy smacked the little rabbit, but then regretting what she did, she ran back to the rabbit, and rubbed Angel until he calmed down, so she fed him the usual fresh greens, but instead of eating, he bit her again, she was angered by this, which was kinda strange since Fluttershy will take almost anything and still be happy. But then she remembered Iron Will.

How he showed her not to be used as a doormat, and she began to feel more like the way she was that day, and slowly felt her normal kind appearance slip.

Her other animals tried nipping her to get what they wanted, but she did yell at them, and hit them, but again she came crying to them for forgiveness.

But at dinner, since she made Angel his special meal, another one of the rabbit came up to him, and Angel bit him, but the other rabbit bit back.

The two rabbits began fighting, and since Angel was fed larger meals, he was stronger, and the smaller rabbit lost, but he lost with his life.

Fluttershy came in the room, and saw Angel leaning over the other bunny, Fluttershy lost it, she did keep her sanity, but her anger seethed over, she began yelling loudly, frightening the other animals, she then hit Angel worse than any of the other times she hit the animals.

But this time, she didn't cower to him.

She left the cottage, growling to the other animals, leaving Angel curled up in the corner. She didn't feed them for a week, something was wrong, she always cared for her animals, and she never acted like this, what was wrong with her? When she came back 7 days of no food, a lot of the animals had basically resulted to cannibalism, only a few remained, including Angel. The bunnies where the ones mainly preyed upon since they didn't have taste for blood, so the hawks and Falcons, and other animals like that where thriving, all accept Angel, who was still alive, she was so close to loosing it.

She screamed at the remaining ones, that they shouldn't have done that, they should have just eaten their food, but what she said made no sense, she didn't give them any food, she began to forget things, all she remembered was she hated her animals, and she had no friends, she didn't remember any-pony.

Every one she saw, they all looked like animals to her, she didn't recognize anyone. But with only a few animals left, she freaked, and began attacking her animals, it was not her, something was wrong, I know she thought this multiple times, but something WAS wrong.

She began tearing the animals apart, limb by limb,all accept Angel. She didn't feel right, instead of dreading it, she enjoyed it!

So every time an animal got near her, she killed it, every time she SAW an animal, she killed it, every time she saw her friends, she freaked, and when Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack came, all she saw were the animals that killed each other, drove her insane, and took advantage of her kindness, so she wanted them to feel all the pain she felt when they took advantage of her.

But why did she want to do this?

That night she went to sleep, she dreamed of being one of the animals being attacked, Angel killed her.
The small white rabbit began to speak, he sang to her, "Rest well, sleep well, you will never wake again!"

She jumped out of her bed, now terrified, and angered, she couldn't control the rage inside of her, which was strange,
As this has been repeated through the whole of this chapter.

She ran downstairs, to the only animal left was angel. She grinned at him menacingly, she grabbed a knife that was laid out on the kitchen table, that was used for chopping carrots.

She leaped on him, she gouged out his eyes, the blood spurting in her face, but she laughed and giggled. The sockets that once contained his whole eye, now looked like a piece of bloodied puss which lay in the cavity.
Next she began stabbing him, when he breathed no longer, off with his ears, she ripped them off, her smile getting bigger and bigger.

When she finished, she of course, sang to him the sad, eerie words.

"Rest well, sleep well, you will never wake agaaaaaaain..." she had let herself fall to the evil that rests inside every one, just waiting to be released, sometimes it is released, and sometimes it isn't.

But that was the case of Fluttershy, she subdued to it, and now will she turn away? Or be stuck in a lifeless eternity of rage and horror?