• Published 13th Dec 2011
  • 1,578 Views, 12 Comments

Gallop from the Ghosties! - protractror



For a pony who giggles at the ghosties an awful lot, Pinkie sure seems terrified of ghosts.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,578

But this is most definitely a ghost!

Time seemed to freeze for Pinkie when she turned her head. It was a sensation that had become a lot more common ever since Rainbow had found out that she was afraid of ghosts. As time crawled by Pinkie was able to take in the scene. Before her, Rainbow Dash was staring, jaw gaped open with a look of what seemed to be disappointment. Poor Rainbow Dash, Brave to the point of foolishness. On the hill however was what seemed to be a textbook ghost. Ivory white, blowing in the wind and with a spooky purple form sticking out of it's bottom. Pinkie wasn't sure about much, but she knew two things; That was a ghost, and Oh My Goodness that is a ghost!

Nothing was going through her brain except ghosts. Her brain was reaching relativistic speeds, possibly explaining the slowing down of time. Then it all cracked, her brain broke the light barrier and her life flashed before her eyes.

She was in her bed, all alone in the middle of the night. The howls from the outside were keeping her up, and she was starting to think it wasn't the rocks that were howling. Just then, lightening struck outside of her window, illuminating her room in a horrid light. Shadows danced in the light in ways that her nightmares would for years. An ominous "Oooohhhh" creaked through the halls of her house and Pinkie was under her covers. She was in hysterics before her father could rush in and calm her down. He told her that it was him who said Oooh, because the lightening was mighty impressive that night. Pinkie didn't believe him.

She was so excited for her first day of school in Ponyville! She had even made her first new friend, a little foal by the name of Applejack! Everything about that day was destined to be great! Well, except for the first day assembly, it was traditionally bad. The very tradition was the assembly was so bad that the students would hate it, and bond over how lame it was. It also set off the year with a light-hearted feel. Poor little Pinkie though just entered the school a bit late, halfway through the assembly. All she heard was a chorus of boos and she was gone. Ghosts were in Ponyville too!

She was in her mare-do-well costume, everything had gone according to plan. But out of nowhere, Rainbow Dash saw a ghost! And Rainbow doesn't lie because she was the element of honesty! Or loyalty, but basically they're sort of interchangeable. But on a more important note, none of that mattered because there was a ghost within a mile radius and she was out of there!

Pinkie relived every moment she had ever had with ghosts. Every time they had ruined her day, every window she broke, every disappointed friend's smile just like she did every time she saw a ghost. Only this time, it was everything plus ruining a day with Rainbow Dash. It seemed this ghost would be the straw that broke the pony's back.

All at once time sped back up to normal. Twilight was galloping down the hill in one of history's worst charges, as Dash raised her hoof directly to her forehead. Pinkie as usually burst like a bullet, with G's that should have probably crushed her. What was different this time was that she was headed directly at the ghost.

Twilight's brain never was able to slow down time like Pinkie, and it was struggling just to rationalize why she was running down the hill in her sheets. She only half realized that Pinkie was running towards her, and she was perplexed when she leapt into the air. It all sunk in for her soon though. Specifically when she sunk into the ground from Pinkie's death leap.

"NO! You ooga booga! You run away! I tried being nice, I tried laughing at you! I even tried being terrified! But you know what? I'm done with running! Your the one that's going to run! Right now!" Pinkie yelled at the 'ghost'. If Twilight didn't know what was going on before she certainly didn't know now but there was a voice in her head saying run. And of course there was a louder voice yelling run.

And thus the ghost got up, and slowly stumbled back to the library. Pinkie just stared it down, not blinking for even a second. Eventually the ghost cleared the hill, and Pinkie let out a ginormous sigh. Rainbow then put a leg around her shoulder.

"Well, uhm, that works..." She said uncertainly. Whatever just happened, Pinkie wasn't afraid of ghost anymore. And Twilight was able to walk away, so there's that.

"Do you want to go pranking now Dashie? I have got the most funneriffic prank you've ever heard of and I know just who to pull it on! Twilight wont even know what hit her!"

"I think we might want to lay off on Twilight for a while. How about Rarity?"

"That works! And after that we can go and see the Wonderbolt expo in town today!"

"Wha-wha-Wonderbolts?! In town! Today? But, I haven't practiced all week, I'm completely out of my game! I've gotta get outta here!" Rainbow squeaked as she turned around to escape. However, she only got about half an inch before she realized Pinkie had clamped onto her tail. She couldn't hold her for long though, her laughter breaking her grip. "The Wonderbolts aren't really in town are they?"

"Nopsies. But don't worry Dashie, we can work on that fear later. Right now we need to find some snakes and a dress."

*--*--*--*--*--*
Twilight eventually made it all the way to the library before she collapsed onto the door. She was in need of a good night's rest. With a groan she called out for spike to come and open the door for her.

Sadly as she was about to discover, Pinkie wasn't the only thing in Ponyville scared of ghosts.

Comments ( 6 )

That's Pinkie Pie for you. Great ending!

Not bad. Quite funny and original and amusing to read through. The final sentence made for a very nice ending. I did feel it was a bit strangely paced at times, though, both the story as a whole and some of the dialogues.

This was very funny to read, I had a good amount of laughs, specially in this last chapter :rainbowlaugh:

Good job :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment