• Published 23rd Mar 2019
  • 515 Views, 4 Comments

The Past - ForeverCaseInPoint



Starlight discovered the power to write from studying books.

  • ...
 4
 515

Starlight's new wish

After being banished from Our Town, Starlight went into Canterlot. Hoping books can help her, she found something surprisingly unexpected: Writing is playing god, and her original plan to change history is just a clumsy way to write. She can't help but feel something is off. Thinking it's someone stopping her and her plans, she retreats to the past, the time of her childhood. In here, she saw Twilight bullied by fillies and tortured by her family, just because that filly thought she learns magic from books. In fact, every pony is either bullied or is a bully, at least to Starlight, until time passage alone turned Starlight into an adult. Only because of Ponyville, where the changes of pony behavior started, where ponies began to have a clue what the buck is a friendship, and where some fillies she once knew as adults found their paradise, their new boyfriend. A read of some weird fanfictions later and it becomes all too clear, Twilight will try to stop her and use some sort of friendship when Starlight is worn down enough. "Make new friends Twilight will say, to her friends not coming back, to any threat of her world. Well that won't be necessary. I have a better use for this scroll." No warmth came out as Starlight said those words.

Her plan to stop the Sonic Rainboom became a decoy for her new plan, and neither Twilight nor Spike ever knew it. Spike managed to go take the time travel scroll from Starlight. It was her cue to start her true plan, one she keeps discreet to the end. She casts her magic on Spike's magic so that it is Spike who uses the scroll just from having the scroll. Spike has the one thing missing in pony kind, an animal's friendship within them, a friendship ponies need before they become be friends with each other: relax. Filly Rainbow Dash had to Sonic Rainboom to get closer to the scene on time, thinking she got to help them feel better. Then she saw said Sonic Rainboom get into the scroll's time portal, which was sucking Twilight, Starlight, and Spike, but the rainbow beam that defeated Tirek, and the rainbow ribbon tornado that defeated many villains, and of course filly Rainbow's Sonic Rainboom, beat the three to it. But that didn't stop Twilight, Starlight, and Spike from being sucked into the time portal. Every filly from junior speedsters saw that insanity. Filly Rainbow Sonic Rainboomed to try finding where filly Fluttershy went. She looked all over Equestria with that speed, until she found her in the forest. The last Rainbow saw is eye contact with Fluttershy before she lost consciousness. The next thing they know, they find themselves in Ponyville.

The time portal spat out Twilight, Starlight, and Spike. They land on the floor of Twilight's castle. The time scroll magic exploded above the castle map in a beam of light. Spike celebrated the castle of friendship's return, while Starlight paces parallel to a nearby door. From the other side, Spike opens the door and gestures Starlight, neither Twilight nor Spike, to come in. Starlight swallows nothing and breathes out before she walks to the other side. "I know there's no excuse for what I did. But I want you all to know that I'm ready for whatever punishment you think is fair." "I've been thinking a lot about how badly Equestria fared without just one group of friends. Because even when one friendship dies the results can be disastrous." "I know first hoof how true that can be." "And that's why I've asked you here. If you're willing to learn, I'm willing to teach you what I know. You'll have the power to make Equestria even better place." "How do I start?" "Starting is easy. All you have to do is make a friend. And you got seven of them right here." There is one friendship that proved Twilight right. The one friendship that died is the friendship between the show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and its audience, because the show failed friendship. The results are disastrous indeed. Besides, the show has never been about its audience. It has always been about itself and its creators. Yet to everyone in Equestria, all of them are just made up stuff written in fanfiction, and the very idea of said made up stuff threatened friendship since the beginning of Equestria.

Neither of the Starlights thought they'd find a place. To step right in and start again. Another now has some friends, who are always there for them, but in canon this is not the Equestria she came from. So one made such a place in Equestria. For the time the show will come to an end. When the show is over, a place for friendship will be made sometime after, starting its time from the Sonic Rainboom. It's where Equestria is made an even better place. All thanks to the Starlight who learned what is writing. Now people can make their new friends, no more making disasterrrrrrrrrs, over the mistakes they have made in the past. Friends are always there for you. When they're not there for you, just make new friends. No one, no thing is perfect. Whatever perfect is to them. "Do they feel better yet?" asked a filly. "Somewhere, in someplace, at sometime, they do feel better." Spike finished reading this story at Canterlot before saying: "I regret reading that book. Time to make a present for Moondancer."

Rarity thinks of all that text in her head at Ponyville. "Oh I can't work with all these distractions in my head. THE HORROR!!" She lays on her couch and gets ready to eat a lot of ice cream.

In the place between one end of the time portal to another lives Twilight and Spike and Starlight. "On second thought, it's a silly place to visit. Let's find somewhere else to go." Twilight spoke to Spike and Starlight. They travel through time and space, never to go back from whence they came. Instead, they moved forward to a more friendly set of timelines. The intersection of said timelines reveals a body of the very pony that created it all. "Poor mare. This Starlight wasn't meant to be us." "At least these timelines are better."

At Ponyville. "Rainbow Dash! What kind of writing is this supposed to be?!" "It is the "Should I be writing when I could be flying?" kind of red flag. Well I better get going Twilight before it ruins me for good." Rainbow flies off into the distance, moving on for good. Twilight burns this story and runs off into the distance, moving on for good.

Spike and the main five enters the room of Rarity and her pile of ice cream. "Mind if we join you?" asked Spike. "Oh! I'm terribly sorry that you all had a rough day! You may join." And so, Spike and Main 6 have lots and lots of ice cream. What will ensue is a story for another time but a story of animal friendship nonetheless.

Comments ( 4 )

What utter horror did I just witness?

Is the writer 8 years old?

I'm sorry to say this, but this story reads like a bunch of run on sentences and doesn't go anywhere. It really needs a good editor.


9523520

9523573

9523607

+1

Login or register to comment