• ...
24
 23
 6,428

One-shot (v1.1.0)

Luna awoke in the middle of the night as something had caught her ears, she looked at the ceiling of her room with her eyelids half-open as she quietly listened to a distant sob or rather sobbing that came from down below, down where her new roommate should be resting in silence. Luna didn’t really know her very well, they just meet this morning when they had learned that they were going to be sharing this room together but she seemed nice enough perhaps even a little too nice for her own good, she seemed very naive of the world or at least that was Luna’s current impression of her.

Luna rolled over to her side and closed her eyes again as she tried to fall back into sleep but her heart flinched every time she heard the lavender unicorn from below draw a sob and after a minute or so Luna gave up on her peaceful slumber as she sat up. “What’s wrong?” Luna asked softly into the darkness of their dome room as she looked over her bed frame surprising the poor soul below, who thought she was just left alone in her own misery.

“N-nothing!” Twilight quickly answered as she desperately tried to dry her eyes with her small hoofs, failing miserably to stop the onslaught of tears.

The nightblue alicorn merely tilted her head a little to her side. “Come on now, it’s clearly 'nothing' if it makes you cry in the middle of the night.” Luna told her in an all knowing way but she received no answer. “You can tell me.” She tried again a little more directly but still no reply. “Pretty please with sugar on top?” That last attempt earned Luna a small grunt from the seemly heartbroken unicorn from below.

“Please don’t tell anypony?” Twilight replied with a whisper after she had a few minutes of thinking time, as if she was afraid that somepony was listening in.

“I promise or may Discord rip my heart out.” The majestic looking alicorn told her as she put one of her hoofs to her chest where her beating heart was placed.

“I-I wet my bed...” The unicorn told her a little reluctantly as she looked away but even the darkness couldn’t the blush across her lavender cheeks from Luna’s sight.

Luna couldn’t help but to smile, for some reasons unknown to her she found it kind of cute, perhaps through some sort of connection. Because she too had been a late bedwetter, something that her big sister Celestia had been a real bitch about and had rubbed it in her little sister’s face whenever the opportunity presented itself. Luna could see herself in Twilight, she recalled the pain coming along with being a bedwetter and more so being teased with it or even mocked, so without really thinking the alicorn startled herself with her own offer. “Come up here and sleep with me tonight, then we can look at your predicament tomorrow, okay?”

“A-are you sure?” Twilight asked as she dried the last of her tears away, while her sobbing came to an end with a last sniffle.

Luna thought for a very short moment as she fixed her gaze elsewhere. “Am I?” But when her eyes caught that little innocent smile that the unicorn now held all doubt seemed to vanish. “Of course, it’s no problem.” Luna replied a little too sweetly for her own taste, it wasn’t like she was coming onto Twilight or anything. “Just don’t wet my bed so neither of us have anywhere to sleep tonight.” Just as soon as she had said that last remark Luna immediately regretted it and even more so when she saw how the unicorn’s gentle smile vanish in an instant.

”I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have said that!” Luna told Twilight honestly and maybe a little too loudly. “That was very heartless and cruel of me.” She admitted, though Luna had only meant it as an innocent joke when she said it, but it was never fair to joke about a condition somepony was powerless to do anything against, it would be like laughing at somepony with an incurable illness. She truly regretted saying it, oh how low she had fallen, reminding herself of how cruel and heartless Celestia had been towards her in the past whenever she found out Luna had wetted her bed even though Luna had went into great lengths to hide it from her big sister. “Can you ever forgive me?” Luna asked Twilight.

”It’s okay.” Twilight muttered trying to sound a little more hurt than she really was and much to Luna’s joy the small soft smile returned to the unicorn’s lips, without even realising it herself.

Twilight crawled up the small ladder leading up to Luna’s bed and Luna moved a little to the side to make space for her apparently new bedmate for the night.

“Thank you.” Twilight replied at Luna’s gesture before she moved herself onto Luna’s top bed.

Luna turned to her side so she was facing the wall, with her back to Twilight.

“Uhm...” Luna heard the other filly mumble behind her. “Can I borrow some of your blanket too?” She asked her, she almost sounded like she was being too greedy with her request.

“Of course.” Luna simply replied as she relished the blanket she had folded all around herself like a cocoon.

Twilight quickly helped herself under the blanket and tucked herself in, it was a rather small blanket and it was definitely not meant to be shared between two ponies, which meant that Twilight had to get really close to Luna in order to be covered by the blanket.

Luna gulped when Twilight had gotten under her blanket she wasn’t used to this kind of close intimacy with another pony, she was after all rather private with her personal space but Twilight’s soft coat and body heat wasn’t all that unwelcoming to Luna, it actually felt really nice, like something that somepony had denied herself all of her life out of fear for being hurt by letting another pony to close who was then suddenly blessed with the one thing she wasn’t ever meant to have. Luna had never been much of a social pony unlike her big sister who couldn’t live without being the centre of everypony’s attention but even so she didn’t really mind this, it was almost a shame that the unicorn would have to sleep in her own bed afterwards.

“Sweet dreams.” The lavender filly offered Luna as a gesture of kindness at the night blue alicorn’s display of generosity.

“You too.” Luna replied before she let out a quite sigh. “I probably won’t be getting much rest tonight.” Luna thought for herself as she tried her best to get comfortable with her new bedmate lying so very close, touching her slightly with her soft coat.

Ten minutes went by in almost complete silence, only the wind outside and the breath of two ponies could be heard, or at least until Twilight apparently thought that Luna had fallen asleep. “This is really the sweetest thing anypony has ever done for me, thank you Luna.” The unicorn whispered softly into Luna’s ear and with that the young lavender mare gave Luna a small peck on the back of her shoulder before she cuddled all the way into the alicorn’s back as she resting her muzzle towards Luna’s neck and put her legs around Luna’s body holding her close and thus fell asleep.

Luna on the other hoof just laid there shocked and lost in thought. ”Did she just kiss me?!”

*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*

Several weeks had passed since Twilight’s little accident and much to Twilight's discomfort she have had many episodes following the first one, she have had them on an almost regular basis. Obviously Luna had each time offered Twilight a spot in her top bed and then helped her the following early morning to take care of the 'evidence' without anypony on campus taking note, it was quite a chore but Luna was very sympathetic with Twilight's burden because she herself had been a late bedwetter.

Along the way Luna had even gotten the crazy idea that Twilight might have been doing it on purpose all along in order to get in bed with her but now that seemed rather silly as Twilight hardly used her own bed anymore, accident or not. Twilight had more or less become a permanent resident in Luna's top bed and strangely enough Twilight haven't had an accident ever since she 'moved' into bed with the alicorn, maybe because Luna woke her up ever so softly each night so that Twilight could use the lavatory.

In the start it had been really awkward for Luna to sleep with somepony else in her bed, she have never had a bedmate or anything remotely close to one before in her life, now that she thought about it Twilight was probably the only one she had ever shared a bed with -- maybe beside her parents when she had been filly -- and then she went ahead and offered her 'innocence' to somepony she hardly even knew. For a very short while Luna had felt like the slut her big sister Celestia had always been but that quickly changed as she got more used to the extra pony under her blanket -- and hoof -- and wing.

As for their newfound campus life Luna got a lot of unwanted attention at campus, after all alicorns are a very rare breed of ponies that are famous for their incredible life spans, their out of this world beauty and their immense magical prowess only rivalled by prodigy unicorns, other ponies were often very envious of them or worshiped them as some kind of gods, which was rather preposterous.

There had even been going some nasty rumours around on campus that Luna had somehow 'enchanted' Twilight Sparkle to be her servant, slave or some other nonsense like that because the lavender unicorn hardly never left Luna's side.

But then one day Luna's new life was turned upside down when Twilight had asked her if she could help her with 'dating', apparently Twilight had found herself a rather dashing colt -- without Luna noticing -- that had asked her out on a date to which Twilight had more than eagerly accepted, the moment she told Luna, Luna felt as if something had broken inside of her and a hundred thoughts invaded her head all at once. Did this mean that she would no longer sleep together with her? Did this mean that she would move out of their dome and leave her? Did this mean that she would no longer spend time with her? All of these thoughts and more were all very unpleasant to Luna, she knew that some of them were a little ridiculous but they all still pained her, no matter how irrational they may seem. She had become a lot more depending on Twilight than she would like to admit and she probably knew why but she hadn't really accepted it, she was in love with a late bedwetter named Twilight Sparkle.

Obviously Luna had tried her best to give Twilight dating advice, everything from not being to hyped to be yourself and to bring protection, Twilight obviously told her with a shade of pink on her cheeks that no such thing would happen but Luna's mind had already imaged them getting married and having foals so that Twilight was a closed case for her and that she better move on rather than cheat herself like the many unfortunate lovers Celestia had left behind heartbroken in her wake.

*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*^*+._.+*

Now Luna was lying on a blanket outside in the chilling night looking at that endless stars without a cloud in the sky, thinking about what Twilight and her date might be doing while she was left outside all on her lonesome self. She was so deep in thought that she didn't even notice somepony trotting over to her.

"Hey Luna, I've been looking all over for you when I couldn't find you in our dome." Twilight said in between breaths, trying to catch her breath. The unicorn had never been much of an athlete.

"Twilight?" Luna asked surprised as she quickly adjusted her gaze from the stars over to the lavender mare that now stood next to her. "You're early, did something happen?" She questioned a little worriedly.

"May I lie down?" The lavender unicorn asked, ignoring the dark blue alicorn's words.

"Uhm, sure..." Luna replied as she move over a little making a spot for the unicorn to lie down on, on her blanket. The lavender mare then lied down next to her with some distance between them, normally Twilight have glued herself against the alicorn's body so naturally Luna feared the worst. There was a short stillness where no words were uttered between them, even the freshly cold breeze felt silent before Twilight broken the silence.

"Luna, have you ever been in love?" The unicorn asked while looking at the pretty stars Luan had been gazing at.

It was a simple enough question, one that Luna wasn't too sure how she should answer, she could give her a simple 'yes' or give her the whole 'I'm not really sure but I kind of like somepony' speech, but before she got to decide what to go with Twilight carried on.

"He was really sweet and I just had the most wonderful evening..." Luna's heart sank. "... but something didn't feel right about the whole date, like something was missing."

"Well, love isn't something that comes overnight Twilight." Luna tried to reason with her, though she hardly believed that to be the truth but it didn't matter Twilight had already set her eyes on somepony else.

"I'm not so sure about that," Twilight replied. "It may sound a little cheesy but I believe that I've found love at first sight."

Luna looked back at the stars again, she didn't want to look at Twilight anymore in fear of her flawless mask breaking.

Twilight turned her head and looked directly at Luna. "Luna, do you like mares?"

"I’m not like that Twilight." Luna told Twilight without considering her words, she had hardly even understood what Twilight have said, lost in her own little world filled with misery at the lost of Twilight Sparkle's heart.

Twilight stood and made a sharp turn as to leave without a word and instantly Luna realised what Twilight was trying to get at and immediately grabbed Twilight before she could get away. "Don't go Twilight, I didn't mean it like that."

The unicorn turned her head slowly this time and looked at Luna with tears running down her cheeks coursing Luna's heart much strain, this was the second time that Luna had made Twilight shred tears and to Luna that was unforgivable.

"I don't see the world that way Twilight, I don't believe that love somehow picks a specific gender and says you should only stick to that, love comes in many forms or at least that is what I believe." Luna tried to explain. "But more importantly I've been feeling rather miserable ever since you brought up that whole date thing."

"Then why didn't you say something?"

"Because I didn't want to get in your way of happiness because of my own ."

"Luna-" Twilight gave her a soft and sugar sweet smile. "You've done nothing but sacrifice yourself for me and for that I've felt really bad as I've given you nothing in return."

Luna gave Twilight a sly smile "Your friendship is the only pay I'll ever need."

Twilight giggled and stuck out her tongue playfully/teasingly(?) at Luna before she got back on the blanket with Luna.

Luna dried off the tears on Twilight's cheeks and put a wing around her to keep her warm and to pull her close.

"Luna will you by my special somepony?" Twilight had hardly asked before she felt a pair of warm lips on her own, kissing her deeply and lovingly, with the passion of a thousand stars.

The End

Comments ( 22 )
Comment posted by sierra_seven_ deleted Jun 16th, 2019

Looks good, i saw one or two grammer mistakes but i saw nothing major. One thing i would change is the word 'bitch'. I cannot see even discord saying or even thinking that. All in all this is very good.

Comment posted by monster cai deleted Jun 16th, 2019

great!:pinkiehappy:
although, there are two things which confuse/grates me a bit:
1. why twi is crying, why would she be crying because she wet her bed, incredibly embarrassed i can understand, but not crying. being afraid of the dark or having had a nightmare or something like that would have made way more sense.
2. celestia being mean towards luna, i know it's an alt universe, but changing her personality from being a giant but friendly tease to actually being mean seems unnecessary.


side-note: i haven't seen you in a while now, good to hear from you again!:twilightsmile:

Comment posted by Terra deleted Jun 17th, 2019

Hmm. I'm not sure what to think about this. It's cute and all, but the beginning confused me. This obviously takes place outside the canonical timeline of the show, because Twilight met Luna for the first time in the pilot.

Twilight wet the bed? Ew. The part where Luna is apologizing to Twi for what she said seemed a little overdone IMO. I think that something such as "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that" would have been more effective than a huge paragraph. Speaking of paragraphs, the last one ran on a bit, and could have used some more punctuation.

Hang on, MARE?! I had interpreted Twi as a younger filly in this story, but adult Twilight wetting the bed?!

It's a thumbs down from me. Sorry.

Really sets the mood. I sort of understand the crying and the sudden intimacy.
Your style is great but, yes, you really need an editor. Wouldn't mind helping out.

this is a grate story :twilightsmile:

Note: (I'm being mean or making fun if it seems like it, if it dose im sorry) why you put "backside of her shoulder" and "all the way into the alicorn’s backside as she resting her muzzle" it like you put wrong meaning as backside means ass, what you want to put is "back of her shoulder" and "all the way into the alicorn’s back as she resting her muzzle". im telling you this because i don't want people making fun of you and i relay didn't want that image in my head

1040287
i thought about that while i wrote it, but i seriously couldn't come up with another word for what to call her... any ideas? :)

1040303
1 well... not everyone shows emotions in the same way, some people start to cry when they become angry too or really stressed... i guess she didn't want her new room mate she had just meet the very same day to find out her secret... which probably mixed a lot of emotions such as being embarrassed, maybe be angry at herself and also stressed as to how she should be able to hide "it" before anyone noticed, so yeah i just pictured that twilight went down with the ship as she has done more than once in the show :)
2 i don't like celestia and i never have... so in most of my stories i do my best to make her dis-likable, so that was on purpose (though i'll admit i make her more to my own liking in some of my other stories).

thank you ^^ oh you know... school and stuff... and it seemed that i entered a writers block for like half a month :s

1040440 yeah... that is why i marked it as "Alternate Universe" i also wrote in the story that they only very recently meet i the story, i was pretty confident that i had given a good enough amount of material there to make one know that this isn't the same universe, i mean... do ponies even have college's dorm?

well... like the story said she too have been just like twilight (a late bedwetter) so obviously when she made fun of twilight it made her rethink of her own past (like the story stated) which made her overdo it, that part was done on purpose because she for a moment felt like she had become as much of a "heartless monster" as her big sister had been to her.

to my understanding filly means a young female (child) but doesn't mare just mean female (and not really like grown up woman)? my bad then, i shall go fix that :)

well... everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as it doesn't end up killing others :P hench... not religion... those bitches take life!

1040518
thank you ^^ i do try my best, but i have to admit its not so easy to write when your dyslexic and that English isn't my natural language :)

1040607
... see! this is why i need an editor for my work! in my head that made perfect sense! oh dear... don't kiss her ass twilight! you don't know where its been! >_<

Comment posted by BlazeNekoFox deleted Jun 20th, 2019
Comment posted by Archvile deleted Jun 23rd, 2019
Comment posted by BlazeNekoFox deleted Jun 20th, 2019
Comment posted by Neon Czolgosz deleted Jun 20th, 2019
Comment posted by Archvile deleted Jun 23rd, 2019
Comment posted by Xaldon Ajide deleted Jun 20th, 2019
Comment posted by Flutter-Shy deleted Jun 20th, 2019
Comment posted by Archvile deleted Jun 23rd, 2019
Comment posted by Archvile deleted Jun 20th, 2019
Comment posted by ShadowlessNight deleted Jun 20th, 2019

My only complaint: It's way too short. So take that as a compliment that i would like this to have a slower pace and maybe not being a one-shot. It was really good, especially the settin was something I've never read before.

3817997
I apologize for the shortness but such is the fate for most one-shots (sadly). I should have worked a bit more on the pacing, like how I wanted to add something more about rumours work and go around spreading often hurtful lies, but sadly I never really managed to think of something good to do with it.

I'm very fascinated by psychology and the very idea of this story was to create a relationship formed by a rather negative event that had a positive outcome in the form of how people can come to a really deep understanding for each other because of similar experiences.
And the other idea I worked with was the willingness, the sacrifice that one was prepared to endure to ensure someone they really deeply care for get the best they could possibly get, even if the price they have to pay is their own happiness. Luckily for Luna, Twilight ultimately realized what Luna meant to her (something I could have worked into a longer story) and decided to give herself to Luna, if she wanted her, but her anxieties almost got in her way for that.
So all in all I addressed a lot of different 'things' with this story, it was a learning experience that I might one day make something new off. No promises though :D

I've a love/hate relationship with one-shots (both my own and others').
I like to write one-shots because they allow me to try out something (ideas) that swims around inside my head, and at the same time not turning it into something that would take me ages to finish (if you see some of my other unfinished stories have sunk and now I need to fish them up again).

Anyway, if you're interested in my future work you're more than welcome to follow me :) I'll still mainly be doing twiluna ships. However, I also do Celestia/NMM and in the near future I'll be doing Lyra/Bonbon and Vinyl/Octavia.

4339070 I've dyslexia, so there isn't much to do about that. Though I do try to improve my writing and thank you for letting me of these issues. And I'll see if I can come up with something for the summary, but with the alternative universe I don't really feel like the need for it, but that might just be me. However, I won't be fixing this anything soon as I'm quite busy with my Bachelor.

Login or register to comment