• Published 21st Nov 2018
  • 681 Views, 9 Comments

TwilightSparkle Online - TwiPON3



Sci Twi finds something online, but can't figure out if it's magic or what.

  • ...
7
 9
 681

Chapter 7

By the time Midnight was finished reading what was evidently my chat logs from Kopete, she was metaphorically laughing her lungs out.

"Please stop."

"Twiley," Midnight said, putting the last page in the drawer and closing it, "I had no idea that you were that steamy with this guy."

"Well, he is really smart."

"Still, you're meeting him."

I looked around the room because I didn't know the social protocol, then noticed a door with an animated globe on the wall above it.

What?

There were rings being shot around it, but they were originating from places on the globe, but I noticed a strong one in particular; the beam shot from Eastern-Czekoslovakia to Canterlot, Delaware and back.

And it wasn't a small one, either. It was thick.

"We're never going to get out if we don't look for a way out," I said.

"Are you crazy as frick?" Sunset said, "This- you don't know ANYTHING about this place!"

"Maybe, but it seems to be based off of my field of study," I said, going to the door.

"Well, you're not wrong..."

"Just follow me."

Everyone followed me into the room, but everything changed. We were on a much larger globe, and that door was a trapdoor with an arrow pointing to its upper-right corner from the inside. Upon further inspection, I found that it lined up precisely with Canterlot.

This is new. Physics don't seem to apply here.

I listened and heard what sounded like hundreds of modems, all dialing up the Internet. There were hundreds of beams, jumping from place-to-place, then disappearing as fast as they appeared, but a thick beam stood out because it didn't go away; it looked like the same one from the globe above the door.

"I think I've cracked this," I said, pressing the end of the arrow, causing the door to turn into a down-facing arrow over Canterlot that matched my height.

"What in tartarus was that for!?" Sunset said, scared and furious.

"If I'm right," I said, returning the arrow to its original position, "It should've just hid the door."

By sheer luck, I was right, so I stood it back up, condensing it again.

I went over to Geneva, Switzerland, where a box of websites (presumably from Geneva), appeared with what looked like a search function, so I typed out "HTTP://WWW.INFO.CERN.CH". After a minute, one result was listed: The World Wide Web project - http://info.cern.ch.

We're IN the Internet.

"Oh my God," I said, very amazed, "How? How is this even possible?"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment