• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 514 Views, 8 Comments

Flying Lies - Heartbolt



little Monngazer lived out her filly days normally, untill she found a secret. one that needs kept.

  • ...
 8
 514

youre just never happy these days, are you?

Moongazer had been walking for two days. She had been gone eight days. She was more lonesome than ever. Hunger was the worse she had ever experienced. And all she could do when she tried to speak was cough of thirst. For the rest of the day she slowly trotted on. Then as night fell, her prayers were answered. A bush of small purple berries grew by a stream. She ate, drank, and washed herself. But those were not the worst of her problems. The playful sparkle had left her eyes and she walked with no trace of happiness. When she came to a town, she faked a smile and walked a little straighter. But she had nothing to look forward to. Now she was walking through a barren field, its crops harvested a long while ago. Beneath her eyes was stained gray against her snow-white coat. She looked up at the warm, inviting lights of the farm`s house. She began to walk up to it, to seek a shower and a warm bed for the night. The farmer allowed her to shower, but nothing more. He was a crooked stallion, hanging onto his cane as though his life depended on it. After Moongazer was clean, she gave the stallion an earring worth 20.00 for her payment. The stallion accepted the earring, and slammed the door. Her coat was crystal clean and stood out white in the dark. But she still wasn’t happy. At that point, she decided to not prolong the journey into the unknown, and flew. For it was much faster than by hoof. When you saw her flying, her hoofs were limp and she looked forward with a frown.

Bluewish sat on the couch again today. That had become his routine. Sit, chore, sit, eat, chore, sit, sleep. And every other day he went to work. He felt that he knew nothing about the mare he had married. His orange-cream eyes were a little duller than usual. And he fell asleep on the couch. Tenderheart was enjoying life with her cousin, even if she could be a bit snobby. “im delighted that you finnaly got away from that mouse of a stallion!” Dreamdust reported. “ok now Dreamdust. Hes not that bad. He`s just upset about Moongazer.” “I think you shoudlt have even considered having a foal with that stallion!” Dreamdust had a habbit of stating her opinion until everyone agreed. But Tenderheart wasn’t going to. “stop it Dreamdust! All you ever do is downtalk him! I just so happen to love him!” Tenderheart burst into tears on Dreamdusts fancy chair. Dreamdust frowned and walked over to her cousin. “ill try to let it slide. Just stop crying on my chair. It 500.00 for a new one” she said, gently running her hoof over Tenderhearts head. Bluewish watched the television. He saw a white flash zoom past the window. “what?!” he stared at the window for a few minutes, nothing. He past it off as imagination, and watched Dustrose bring in the gold medal.