• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 514 Views, 8 Comments

Flying Lies - Heartbolt



little Monngazer lived out her filly days normally, untill she found a secret. one that needs kept.

  • ...
 8
 514

the aftermath of the takeoff

Mother woke up and walked down the hall. She stopped and glanced at her daughters door. The pastry she had left was gone. She smiled, and hoped she felt better today. She walked to the sink to wash the dishes from the cake. She saw the sink empty and knocked on Moongazers door to see if she could retrieve the dishes. She got no answer. She twisted the knob and slipped into the door, carefull not to wake her sleeping daughter. She took a look around the room, confused. For see saw no dishes. She didn’t see Moongazer ethier. She made sure there was nobody in the room, and went to wake her husband.

“dear, wake up. I cant find Moongazer.” “wh-what? Whats so important I have to wake up at 7:00 on a Sunday?” he mumbled. “I cant find Moongazer.” “WHAT?!” her father jumped up. “What do you mean you cant find Moongazer!?" he shouted, alarmed. “calm down dear. She probably whent to the park. I woke you to tell you I was leaving. Ill be back in a half hour.” “ok. Ill look around the house for a sign of her.” Her father sighed. He was afraid that one day their filly would feel smothered and would not want to be near them. Her mother left, and Her father began his search. She wasn’t in the house, and she wasn’t in the yard. Her father searched her room for some sign of a stuggle or of her notifiying where she was. He found the note, but he was driven to wait until his wife came back to read it. As soon as her mother walked in the door, he handed her the note.

“have you read it? Were is she?” “I don’t know. I didn’t want to read it without you” “ok. Ill read it.” Her mother took the note and read it aloud. “and remember, earth ponies…cant fl-fly.” She stuttered, tears filled her eyes. “Bluewish?” she whispered and sat down next to Moongazers father. “what dear?” he asked quietly. As the mare leaned on his shoulder. “promise me shes alright. I don’t care if its true. I just want to hear someone say it.” “Anything for you, Tenderheart, shes alright. I promise.” He whispered, warm tears rolling down both of their cheeks. And for the rest of the night, they laid in each others arms, thinking and whispering about the filly they both loved.