• Published 3rd Nov 2018
  • 735 Views, 5 Comments

When The Stars Align - Moonshine34



A sequel to Just One Day and a next generation fic.

  • ...
4
 5
 735

Chapter Three - A Taste Of Success

“Okie, dokie, lokie. So we’ll need a pinch of sugar, some flour, eggs, la, la,” Pinkie Pie hummed cheerfully as she bustled around the kitchen, fetching cooking utensils and various ingredients.

“Er, Pinkie, are you sure you wanna put beetroot and cheese in that?” Rainbow Dash queried, gazing at the strange concoction her friend was making with a mixture of disbelief and repulsion.

“Of course, silly, Twilight said specifically she wanted a beetroot, cheese, carrot and molasses strudel. It’s just pregnancy cravings,” the party pony giggled.

“Ooohhh, right. That makes se-Ow! Hey, cut that out, mister!” Rainbow scolded the tiny, powder-blue colt on her back.

Delta Haze had recently taken to nibbling his mother’s wings. However, one particularly hard nip had ripped out a cyan feather. Dash gently lifted him off of her back and onto the ground to preserve her remaining feathers. Immediately the tiny pegasus’ adorable maroon coloured eyes widened as he took in all the exciting new sights around him. Just at that moment the door swung open and Confetti Swirl flounced into the kitchen, sending Delta scuttling behind Rainbow.

“Mommy, mommy! Look what I did in our class today!” the excited filly cried, thrusting a messy, hoof painted and slightly soggy piece of paper at Pinkie.

“Wowee! That is super duper amazing, my little confetti cannon!” the party pony exclaimed.

Rainbow leaned over to look at the creation and was stunned at the crude but artistic way the colours were blended together. However the pegasus couldn’t for the life of her work out exactly what the painting was of. Certainly not a pony as it didn’t have a muzzle, hooves or tail. Plus, its ears were too small and it stood on its hind legs.

“So, what is it, Coni?” she asked the peach coloured filly.

“It’s a human of course, Auntie Dash,” Confetti giggled, “But there aren’t any in Equestria.”

Rainbow raised her eyebrows questioningly at Pinkie. The earth pony shrugged in response as though she had no idea what her daughter was talking about. Dash sighed, evidently the apple hadn’t fallen far from the tree. Meanwhile, Delta tentatively poked his head out from behind his mother’s hind leg. Confetti spotted him instantly and her face lit up with an enormous grin.

“Hi there, little guy! Aww! You’re sooo cute!” the filly gushed, “Do you wanna play? It’s okay, I don’t bite.”

Reassured the little pegasus began to walk towards Confetti. Her exuberant entrance and loud voice had been quite intimidating at first. Not to mention the filly was very tall for her age and had a great auburn bushel of a mane flecked with multicoloured square shapes, hence her name, that further added to her height. However Confetti’s pretty raspberry eyes were soft and welcoming so Delta approached her unafraid. Their mother’s looked on in satisfaction and pride. Pinkie then turned to Rainbow.

“So, what’s it like being a Wonderbolt instructor?” she asked.

“It’s pretty awesome actually. The team is incredible, maybe even better than ours was,” Dash admitted, “Although I do kinda miss the glory days, ya know? When I was up there, flying with the best. I don’t anything will ever beat living my foalhood dream, except having Delta. Soarin’ gets so sappy about it, he’s totally hopeless. Just one look at his old flight uniform and he’s sobbing his eyes out. Or maybe it’s just cos I still beat him every time we race. After all I’m still the fastest flyer in all of Equestria.”

“Aw, you really do miss it. Do you want be to bake a batch of chocolate chip cheer-up cookies for you?” Pinkie enquired sympathetically.

“Thanks but I’m fine. That reminds me though, I should pick up a few apple pies for Soarin’ if AJ’s got any left. He’s still obsessed with those things,” Rainbow chuckled.

“Speaking of Applejack, do you know what’s going on with her? She seems really down but says she’s fine but obviously she’s not but I have no idea what’s bothering her and it’s kinda freaking me out!” the party pony blurted out.

“Oh, um, sure,” Dash stammered, “But maybe she’s just tired. Life on the farm can be really exhausting, and I hate to say it but none of us are getting any younger. Also Big Mac is busy raising his family with Sugar Belle and Apple Bloom is travelling Equestria with the CMC, so she’s having to do most of it by herself.”

“That’s true but I can tell it’s more than that,” Pinkie sighed, “Oh, it’s no fun when one of your best friends is sad.”

“Don’t worry Pinkie. I’ll do my best to find out what’s wrong, then we’ll get the girls together and have a party or something,” Rainbow suggested.

“Yippee! I love planning parties! That’ll cheer her right up, I’m sure of it. Thank you, Dashie, you’re a super duper friend,” the earth pony smiled, pulling the cyan pegasus into a warm embrace.

“Hey , no problem, anything for a friend,” Dash grinned.

Delta and Confetti had started a game of tag and were charging around the kitchen, squealing and giggling in delight. The hot pink earth pony caught sight of the unfinished strudel and gasped.

“Oopsie, I need to finish making the strudel!” Pinkie remembered, disentangling herself from the hug. She shoved the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mixed them together at a seemingly impossible speed.

“Here, taste some!” the party pony cried, shoving a spoonful of the weird, greeny gloop into Rainbow’s mouth.

The cyan pegasus jerked her head back a millisecond too late, her eyes going wide and nostrils flaring as she unintentionally inhaled the foul looking mixture. Shockingly, it didn’t taste half as bad as she had expected.

“Wow, who knew you could even make something as gross sounding as beetroot, cheese, carrot and molasses strudel taste decent,” Dash mused admiringly.

“What can I say, I’m a mare of many talents,” Pinkie Pie smirked with a playful wink.

“You sure are, Pinkie. You sure are,” Rainbow smiled fondly.

Comments ( 2 )

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

Please Continue This Story.. I wanna know what happens next and what's wrong with AJ

Login or register to comment