• Published 3rd Nov 2018
  • 735 Views, 5 Comments

When The Stars Align - Moonshine34



A sequel to Just One Day and a next generation fic.

  • ...
4
 5
 735

Chapter Two - Just No

Rarity sashayed purposefully through the dirt streets of Ponyville, after all she had a whole line of foalwear to create. It was an absolutely glorious day, the sun’s rays reflecting off her alabaster coat making the unicorn glow. Her luxurious purple mane and tail were also highlighted to perfection. Ponies would turned to gape at her and one stallion even wolf whistled.

“Looks like I’ve still got it,”Rarity preened to herself, continuing onwards with a new spring her step. Clearly time had not affected her beauty at all.

Suddenly, a sharp cry pierced through her reverie. Rarity’s blood ran cold when she realised where the sound had come from, which was none other than Carousel Boutique. Terrified one of her precious foals was injured the unicorn galloped towards her home and kicked open the front door, only to be greeted with the strangest of sights. Her husband was reclining on one of the many velvet fainting couches reading a detective novel.

“Fancy! What in Celestia’s name was that dreadful noise I just heard? I know it was one of the twins, why are you not up there already?!” Rarity demanded.

“Relax, my dear,” Fancy Pants chuckled,”Sweetie Belle and her coltfriend are taking care of them. They came by about a quarter of an hour ago so I asked if they would mind babysitting Percy and Radiance. They agreed, although somewhat reluctantly.”

“Oh, that’s good. As long as somepony is watching the-WAIT! COLTFRIEND?!” the alabaster unicorn screeched.

In a frenzy of rage Rarity charged up the stairs, along the corridor and burst into the twins’ nursery.

“Sweetie Belle! How dare you not inform me that you have a coltfriend! I’m your big sister for Celestia’s sake, we’re supposed to tell each other everything!” she yelled angrily.

Rarity was met with a pair of stunned stares from her younger sister and the young brown stallion beside her. The two tiny foals in the pairs’ hooves exploded into a fit of hysterics at their mother’s outburst.

“Rarity!” Sweetie Belle admonished,”Now look what you’ve done!”

Taking Radiance from her coltfriend the unicorn proceeded to rock both the foals in her hooves, crooning a gentle lullaby. It appeared be a slightly more toned down version of her original rendition of Fluttershy’s ‘Hush Now, Quiet Now’ song. Almost immediately the pair ceased bawling and instead gurgled happily at their aunt, who placed them gently into their cots.

“Honestly, big sis, I expected more from you. There was no need to make such a spectacle of yourself. Button Mash and I only started dating a few hours ago. I was going to tell you as soon as you got back from Twilight’s,” Sweetie explained, turning to face her sister.

“Oh, um, right. Well, in that case, please accept my deepest apologies,”Rarity bumbled, having the grace to look embarrassed,”I suppose I did overreact just a tad.”

“You think?”her younger sister snorted.

“Um, M-Miss R-Rarity, I didn’t mean to intrude. I can go away if you want,”Button stammered, still a little terrified from the alabaster unicorn’s entrance.

“No, no. You can stay as long as you like, darling. Button Mash, is it? A pleasure to meet you,” Rarity smiled graciously, extending a hoof towards him.

The young stallion tentatively took it and planted a small peck the manicured tip.

“And such a gentlecolt too!” Rarity beamed.

“Alright, alright. That’s enough,” Sweetie griped, uncomfortable at the situation,”Would you mind if we went out for a bit?”

“Of course, Sweetie. I don’t expect foalsitting is anypony’s ideal first date,” the fashionista fluffed with a conspiratorial wink.

“Nope. Thanks, love you, bye!” the younger unicorn said hurriedly, shoving Button out of the room.

Chuckling at Sweetie’s expense Rarity walked to the corner of the room to check on her foals. They were both sound asleep, their tiny forms rising and falling in perfect unison. Everything about was so perfect, from their minute hooves to their snub little snouts. Watching them dream Rarity felt an almost overwhelming surge of love so deep and fathomless it was excruciating.

“They’re the most wonderful things in the world, aren’t they?” a voice asked from behind her.

“Oh, Fancy dearest. I didn’t hear you come in,” Rarity chuckled, turning to her love.

Fancy Pants warped his hooves around the unicorn and pulled her close to him. Rarity’s lithe frame seemed small and fragile in comparison with his imposing, well-built stature. After a few moments, the unmistakable sound of Sweetie Belle’s tinkling laughter could be heard outside.
The pair moved over the window and gazed out at her and Button Mash, walking side by side along the street. The brown stallion had obviously said something hilarious because Sweetie was leaning into him for support as she convulsed in a fit of giggles.

“Do you remember when we were like that?,” Rarity breathed wistfully.

“What do you mean were?” her husband asked in mock surprise, his eyes twinkling,”I bet I can still make you laugh like that.”

Fancy then proceeded to tickle Rarity’s sensitive sides and was met with a unimpressed stare from his wife.

“Darling, you know I adore you but no. Just no,” the alabaster unicorn sighed.