• Published 1st Oct 2018
  • 4,427 Views, 123 Comments

Anon-a-Miss - The Blue EM2

  • ...
25
 123
 4,427

Credits

CAST-IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE
Ashleigh Ball-Applejack and Rainbow Dash
Rebecca Shoichet-Sunset Shimmer
Andrea Libman-Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy
Nicole Oliver-Cheerilee and Principal Celestia
Madeleine Peters-Scootaloo
Tabitha St. Germain-Rarity and Granny Smith
Maude Pie-Ingrid Nilson
Michelle Creber-Apple Bloom
James Kirk and Shannon Chan-Kent-Mysterious voices
Graham Verchere-Pipsqueak
Claire Corlett-Sweetie Belle and Dizzy
Blake Swift-Button Mash
Sunni Westbrook-Cozy Glow
Kelly Sheridan-Misty Fly
Colin Murdock-2015 Bob the Builder
Brad Pit-Captain William Collins
Stephen Lang-Swift Order
Keith David-Stryker 1 Commander
Gideon Emery-Ghost 1
Kazumi Evans-Adagio Dazzle
Maryke Hendrikse-Sonata Dusk
Diana Kaarina-Aria Blaze
Sam Worthington-SWAT Team Commander
Warbird Pilot-Troy Baker
Warpig Commander-David Sobolov
Warbird Co-Pilot-Angela Gots
Peter New-Hondo Flanks
Bill Newton-Bright Mac
Vincent Tong-Rumble
Felicia Day-Pear Butter
Neil Morrissey as Himself
Jason Deline-Bow Hoothoof
Sarah Edmonson-Windy Whistles

Music:

‘Oh, come all Ye Faithful’ (Adeste Fideles), original lyricist unknown, music attributed to John Francis Wade, performed by A Cappella Hymns.

‘Bob the Builder opening titles’, music and lyrics by Paul K. Joyce, performed by Neil Morrissey.

‘Ding dong merrily on High’, lyrics by George Ratcliffe Woodward, music by Charles Wood, performed by London Contemporary Voices

‘Thunderbirds are Go,’ written by James Bourne and Tom Fletcher, performed by Busted.

‘Hark, the Herald Angels Sing’, Lyrics by Charles Wesley, music by Felix Mendolssohn.

‘Theme from Fireman Sam’, written by Ben Heneghan and Ian Lawson, performed by ARTV.

‘Carol of the Bells’, lyrics by Peter J. Wilhousky, music by Mykola Leontovych.

‘Coventry Carol’, author and composer unknown.

‘Awesome as I Wanna Be’, music and lyrics by Daniel Ingram, arranged by PrinceWhateverer, performed by DreamChan.

‘Sussex Carol’, by Cecil Sharp and Ralph Vaughn Williams, performed by The Priests

‘Bob the Builder’ (2015), performer unknown.

‘Jingle Bells’, written and composed by James Pierpont.

‘Thomas’ Runaway Theme’, written by Mike O'Donnell and Junior Campbell.

‘Runaway theme’, written by Mike O'Donnell and Junior Campbell.

‘Deja Vu’ (from ‘Initial D’), performed by V.A

‘F-Zero GP Legend Closing Credits’, composed by Henji Hikita.

‘Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town’, by John Coots and Haven Gillespie, performed by Stefan Wyatt

‘Good King Wenceslas’, by John Mason Neale, performed by the US Army Chorus

‘Crocodile Rock’, by Elton John and Bernie Taupin, this performance from ‘Bob the Builder; a Christmas to Remember’; performed by Elton John, Neil Morrissey, Rob Rackstraw and Kate Harbour

‘Can we fix it? (Bob the Builder)’, written by Paul K. Joyce. Performed by the cast of Bob the Builder.

‘We Wish you a Merry Christmas’, author unknown (West Country), performed by the band of the Salvation Army.

Based on ‘EQG Holiday Special’, by Ted Anderson (IDW, 2014), and various Anon-a-Miss fanfics.

The author would like to thank the readers and commenters for making this story possible. We couldn’t have done it without you!

Author's Note:

So here it is, the end of my 4th story. I'll have another one up tomorrow. It's my second attempt at horror!

Comments ( 32 )

9281876
Yeah, word can be odd. It knocked my teeth in back in the FF.net days so I switched to GDocs. Still has issues, but I digress.

Your point with Scootaloo does make sense to a point, but if anything I feel as though she works as a stand in for mostly physical disabilities, and limited ones at that. She's limited in her flight, something that 2/3 of the Equine population can't do already, so how that translates to her human counterpart is dubious in my mind. Granted, I don't believe myself in anyway capable of tackling that subject. I myself am not on the spectrum and just have a varying case of depression, so not my place to comment on a disorder I don;t fully understand.

As for video linking, well it varies. There's no rule against it and the site has the option for it at least, but it was established by several writers pretty early on (2012 or so iirc) that it tended to be a sign of low quality/effort as it was a sign that the author had trouble conveying the mood and was using music that they found or listened to while writing the scene to help get said mood across. Nothing wrong with sharing what helped inspire an idea for a chapter if there was one, but linking it in the story is generally a silent no-no, embellished upon myself by the works of WandererD, though it doesn't seem to bother everyone.

I certainly know the feeling to want to write something different. I wanted to write a siren story and simply figured Anon-a-Miss, Dainn's especially, would work as a great framing device. Success is dubious imo, but it seems well-liked enough. Happy to inspire, and I hope to see this stand out given this is a broad as hell genre and there's a lot of slop all mixed in. As for being a bit of inspiration and based on seeing Misty mentioned a certain way in the comments, I look forwards to laughing at her. That said, I hope I don't offend in whatever I say later. I mean no ill will to you yourself, but I tend to be critical over anything big enough to strike a chord. Apologies of that does wind up happening. Typing up a few thoughts on chapter 3 right now before I head to bed. Its late enough as of the moment.

9281877
Well yes, but the characters involved were more what confused me. Though given that this is a sequel I'm just going to assume they were established already and Cozy Glow isn't the, ahem, trainwreck she was in canon.

9281886
I introduced them back in Railway Adventure. Cozy is different to her onscreen counterpart; after all, pony Cozy and human Cozy are different entities.

9281885
By all means, tear it apart. The only way I'll improve as a writer is to have my mistakes pointed out.

9282001
Word choice. 'It weren't me' should be phrased 'It wasn't me'.

9282375
I'll get back to you in a bit. I've got a barbershop practice now.

9282375
Just to clarify, that is not a mistake. That is an example of vernacular English.

“Y’all threw me under the bus?!”

This quotation is taken from your own story, and shows the same sort of point. To use another one from the same tale:

“Ah left it at home, Winona ate it!”

9282838
Ah, right. I failed to truly take into account that Applejack and her sister have that speaking impediment of theirs. Saying it in their accent does make a bit more sense. Living around that general accent for last ten years, I'm just used to more of a: 'It wasn' me!' sort of phrasing.

9283007
MLP Wiki gives the following point on AJ's accent:

Applejack speaks with a Southern American accent, a thick southern drawl, similar to the accent of the southwestern Missouri and Oklahoma Ozarks, where there is a great number of apple orchards

.

However, I decided to use the accents of Louisiana and Tennessee as inspiration, as I have greater familiarity with those and they are remarkably similar as accents.

An issue I sometimes find with trying to write them 'in vernacular', as it were, is that you can end up with situations where nopony can make head nor tail of what they're saying.

9288500
Oh, you're from the UK?
I'll keep that in mind as I go along.

As for name ideas, can't say I have any just yet.
Maybe something'll come to me later when I get further in.

9288549
Ok then. I made all the corrections you advised though.

In a sea of Anon-A-Miss fics that do everything in their willpower to exaggerate Sunset's abuse, lambaste the Rainbooms for their actions towards her and go so dark it hurts to read, none have attempted to fix the biggest case of OOC in the entire comic, the CMC.

Until now.

I've already made it clear that the CMC as the villains was the biggest flaw with that quote un-quote, "Holiday Special", so I won't repeat myself here.

This is honestly what the comic should've been (barring the language and more violent moments); almost everybody is in perfect character, though the part when Rarity punched Sweetie Belle I thought was a bit too extreme. The fact that they acknowledge how much of a stupid idea it would've been for the CMC to do this was some nice commentary.

It was also nice that this wasn't all blue and gloom like every other Anon-A-Miss fic; how it still had moments of levity, particularly that one VA joke with Sweetie Belle.

Also, I see you're a fan of Thomas & Friends, same here. The references are most appreciated and the climax with the engine chase was nicely done.

Overall, it may be short, but it was a great read and is my preferred way to experience the events of the comic.

Good job.

Why does this not have a Alternate Universe tag?

9338114
Why would it need an AU tag?

9338550

Because it changes the canon story. Isn't changed from canon the definition of AU? Most fanfics are assumed to be consistent with canon (at the time) unless they specify or show otherwise (AU). Or was this fic being part of your own continuum make the AU tag redundant?

And why it the image of the CMC confessing from the comics if the point of the fic is that's not what happens?

If the description made clear that's what it's changing (kudos for being the first to actually fix that) I think it would attract far more readers.

9339420
SPOILERS!

The description makes it clear that this story takes place in my EqG timeline, after a Thanksgiving to Remember and before Unstoppable. I thought it would be obvious given the story has references to streetcars and the railroad, neither of which are present in the films, so no, the AU tag is not required.

The art is there because it was all that I could find that worked. There would be no point putting a T1 in there, and if I gave away the story's key conceit, there would be absolutely no reason for people to read the story.

But, thanks for reading.

9339471
I see. Any other image would give away the twist. This is actually a good explanation. I still think the summery at least hinting how it's different than other Anon-a-Miss fics would help it stand out.

This is the first Anon-a-Miss fic I've liked enough to favorite. Great Job!

Question: how are the Dazzlings doing magic if their amulets were destroyed in Rainbow Rocks? Was there something from your continuity I missed? Is it an artistic license for the sake of having an action scene (which is fine by me)?

9339928
Thanks for the fave. Indeed, I find choosing art and writing a description the hardest parts of the process. You don't want to give too much away yet don't want to say too little.

The question on the Dazzlings will be resolved in a future story. In the meantime, why not take a look at some of the other stories in the series.

9419440
Nah, overkill.

Besides, the A10-A had to refuel.

9419448
Trains regularly exceed 88mph and don't go time travelling.

9419453
It's a callback to another story on this site, where Rarity makes a similar comment;

“Okay, looks like we’re here. We’re so fortunate that Applejack’s home was exactly far enough for us to have that short conversation we had in exactly the time it took whoever it is that’s driving this car to take us here in the snow.”

9419465
That would be messy. I hope you enjoyed it.

Tell me, how did you here of me?

9419616
Random story stumbling.:pinkiehappy:

9419609
If you can get an A-10, a KC-130 would be easy. :raritywink:

9419614
I know. Still, the idea that Pinkie was so busy she subcontracted with Rarity to break the fourth wall seemed funny to me.

9483748
Hmmm. That is often a good way of finding stories.

9483750
I may use that idea...

Login or register to comment