• Published 9th Dec 2011
  • 1,082 Views, 4 Comments

Sparky's diary. - volt229



Check, check! Okay, it's working. Hi, it's Sparky and I'm here to tell you about an awful disaster.

  • ...
 4
 1,082

Chapter 1

Sparky's diary. 24th of July.
Oh goodness. I hope someone will find this. My name is Sparky. I'm a unicorn and... I'm in a very bad situation right now. They've turned into some kind of zombies or something, because of this Dance Fever.
... Don't laugh, that's the only name that I can think of right now. How can you call it differently? Everypony's dancing like maniacs until they fall dead from exhaustion and starvation. Almost nopony's left. Except me. And maybe some other ponies, that I don't know of.
Okay, this all happened because of this new plant, Zecora discovered. Nopony knew what it was, so they just all wanted to look at it. Including me. And again, don't laugh or anything, but I was wearing a breathing mask. I was afraid, that it will be no good or it will stink. I wanted to see how they will react to it.
I was right about one thing - it was no good. After it opened, everypony took a deep breath and... Started to dance. One pony one dance, another pony another dance, like that. But that wasn't the worst part. Spores from this plant were heading to the town. I was running as fast as I could, but it was too late - everypony in the town started to dance aswell. Not only they were dancing without a break, but they also had this blank look on their faces. I think some of them were drooling. This is awful.
So, right now I'm going to head to the nearest town, that haven't been affected by this plant, so I could find somepony, that could make an antidote. Then we'll send it to all towns. And, if we can, destroy this plant and all of its kind once and for all.
I hope this thing's recording, because if not, I just wasted about two and a half minutes in useless explanation.
***
Sparky's Diary. 26th of July.
Oh no. Looks like they from dancing zombies turned into some kind of... plant zombies... I don't know. Looks like spores from this plant have been growing inside of them, and have gotten to the brains and just made them a flesh lurking monsters. Even the ones that DIED from a starvation and stuff. So basically what I want to say is - that thing just became alot scarier than it was before.
And it makes things alot trickier. Now I'm not only need to just get to the nearest town, that 19 miles away by the way, but also I need to fight against ponies that want my body as a soil for this fragin' plant! Ugh... I don't even want to think about it.
So, right now I'm on the way to the town, and they're slow enough, so I can take a break before continuing my journey. Journey, right. Like I'm on vacation or something.
Psht! if you look back, you can see a horde of zombies, that want your flesh and maybe brains. Have a nice trip to our destination... PSHT!
Okay, I'm getting distracted. So, it looks like I'm heading the right way... Oh Lord... I see smoke. I will get a little bit closer. Maybe it's just somepony's chim-ney... Nay. The whole town's in blood and fire. Wonderful, just... wonderful. Now I need to look at the map, and hope, that I will get to the protected town.
Alright, I think Canterlot can be well protected, since there’re Princesses and all. I'm going there. I don't care. I want to live. Or at least die fast. And for this I can just blow my brains out with electricity!
Yea, I kind of forgot to tell what my special talent is. Like it will matter. But my special talent is basically electricity. I can shot lightning bolts. Erm. I'm good with machinery. And stuff. So, I can fight them back. But what if... all the ponies in the world have turned into a mindless zomb--

HEY! HEEEEEY! YOU, WITH THE BREATHING MASK!

..Forget what I was about to say.
***
Okay, recording. Your name is...

Fetch.

And you're...

I'm an earth pony.

What your special talent is?

I... can find almost anything.

Oh yes! This is so awesome! You'll come in hoofty, my friend.

Yea... So, why are you recording this?

Well... I don't know anymore. Just, you know, to keep myself kind of sane, so I do not blow my brains off with a direct shot of lightning.

Sorry, what?

Oh, yea... erm. My special talent is electricity and such.

Oh... Interesting.
Where are we going?

To Canterlot.

Oh, because guards and stuff.

Yea, yea.
Sooo, now we'll test your talent. Try to find a safe shelter somewhere near us.

Hmmm... This way.
***
Okay... NOW I believe that this is your talent.

You thought I'm lying?

No, but... Em, you made this pause, and I was kind of not sure if I can trust you or not.

Well you can trust me. I don't want to be devoured either.

Okay. I'm going to stop recording for now.
***
-Huff- Okay. -huff- Recording.
Sparky’s… Huff!.. Sparky’s diary.. What day is it?

28th.

28th of July. We have accomplished not so much: we’re getting a bit closer to the Canterlot, we’ve fought with some zombies and ran away when there was too much of them. So we made sort of a camp, so we could give ourselves a little bit of rest.

[He~lp. Me~.]

There is a pony under the big pile of boulders!
Come on, lets go!

Okay. But why do you think, that he’s not one of them?

Well, first of all, he can talk.

Oh, right.

He~lp me.

Okay, give us a minute.
Okay, no zombies around. Come on, Fetch.

Okay. On three. One, two, thre---AHHHHHHHHH!
WHAT THE HAY!?
[AAAAAHHHH!]

*Sound of lightning* *Roar of the monstrous creature.*

[WHAT WAS THAT THING!?]

[I DON’T KNOW!]
***
So, we’ve just witnessed the worst possible thing – they’re probably evolving. Uhh… Either that, or there are a ponies, who were affected differently. But it doesn’t make it better. And thought that there is no possible way, that this plant could screw us over that much.

And what do we do now?

Let just go. I don’t want to be around this place any longer.
***
Alright! We’ve found---

Ahem!

Okay, HE found a shortcut on the map. We don’t need to go through the mountains to get to the Canterlot. He found a small path. So, everything’s coming out good.

*Rising sound of stampede*

…I should’ve been better staying quiet.

YOU THINK!? OH NO! RUN!!

ON THE CLIFF! GO! GO! GO!
***
*Sound of a close stampede*
Okay, so we’ll forget about the shortcut and go old fashionable way.
Ugh. I think those buffaloes are rotting alive… Okay not really alive, but this is some nasty smell. Oh my.

I could find another path, if you’ll give some time.

No, thanks. I think we’ll be better that way.

…You know what? That was the path to the Canterlot.

And what?.. Oh no.

Yes. A huge wave of zombie-buffaloes is going to destroy it.

OH NO, NO, NO! NOOOOOOOOOO! WE NEED TO STOP THEM!

[STOP THEM! Stop them! stop them.]

*Sound of the falling rocks*

Oh no.

GET OUT OF THE WAY!

*Loud sound of the falling rocks*
*Sound of a giant boulder falling.*
*Silence.*

Oh goodness... Wait… It did it. It stopped them! Yush!
[Ugh.. Hng! Huh.]
Are you okay?

Yea, I’m alright.
Well that helped alot.

Yes, now we can use it to get to the Canterlot as fast as we can.

And what if they will break through the rocks?

At least it will give us some time.
***
*whisper*: Sparky’s diary. It’s already 29th of July.
It’s a night time, so we… I mean Fetch found a shelter and we decided to stay here for a moment.
I-I can’t sleep. So I thought it would be not bad to record something… Yea, not so much to talk about.Erm..eh.. Oh. Right now we’re at the closed mining shaft. The only real problem in here are bats. I’m not a big fan of guano.
Em… but besides bats, this is a pretty interesting place. It’s a little bit dark in here, so I can’t really describe it. It’s also a really quiet place. I think I can hear how water drops far away from here. I think that was a gold mining shaft. They left few spots on the walls without touching them, maybe so it didn’t fall apart or something.
*Screech of a single bat*
Ah!...Damn bats. They’re creeping me out. Sometimes I have a feeling like they’re just starring right at me and when I turn around – nothing. Just Fetch. Sleeping. I would love to sleep too right now.

[~There is a pony for you,
Who will not let you down~]

Huh? What the hay?

[~That will put smile on your face,
With which you’ll never be frown~]

Maggie? Maggie.
*Almost crying*: Maggie… I… I thought I lost you. Maggie…

~Come here my love, you will see
That there is nothing to fear.
Your misery will end
The moment you’re near.~

*A LOUD SMACK* SNAP OUT OF IT, SPARK!

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH*

AH! MY EARS! WHAT IS GOING ON!?

THIS IS ONE OF THEM!

YOU! YOU!!!

*Explosion*
*Screech stopped*
*Cracking sound*

WE NEED TO GET OUT!
RUN!!

*The sound of the shaft falling apart*

*Deep breathing* What -huff- what happened?

This one tried to lure you into the pit.

How it looked like?

It was not so big, I think as tall as you are. It was a Pegasus-pony… Was. And it was... singing. I don’t even know but you were in trance. Oh, and it also looked… almost normal. But I think I saw guts hanging from ribs.. Oh my.

There’s something on your coat.

Where?.. Oh, nonononono. I-I need.. I need to go for a second. I don’t--- I don’t feel so good.
[BLEHHHH!]

Okay. It’s all for today.
***
Hel-lo~, someone, who listens to this for I don’t know how long. It’s 29th of July. 4 PM.

Could you please stop doing that? You’re creeping me out.

Okay.
So, I can see Canterlot from here and it is awesome, because…Drumroll… Everyone’s alive and guards are fighting back! WOOHOO!
Oh yes! If only I could show it to you. Sadly I don’t have a camera with me, so yea. But I will try to describe it: Ahem! So, zombie-ponies are attacking from the front and a little bit from the side. Even if they’re a pegasi. Their wings started to, basically, fall apart. And guard ponies are using their weapons re~al nice. Wait… wow. Some of them actually have a sharpened steel on the ends of their wings. WOHOW! That was harsh!
Wait a minute… Oh my---IT’S PRINCESS CELESTIA!
WOOOOOW! SHE BURNED THEM! She fried them better than any cook could.

Ha-ha-ha. Nice one. Shall we climb today!?

Give me a minute. Okay, eh, so, as I can see, buffaloes actually did break through the rocks. OHHH! That probably would be painful if they weren’t dead already.

They’re not technically dead.

Okay-okay, they are plants now. Big difference, yea?

Well kind of.

Whatever. So… Oh no. I see a big one. A REALLY big one. He looks like he ate three ponies or four ponies.

Who knows, maybe he did.

… I don’t even want to think about it.
So this pile of friendship is going down pretty quic---OH MY GOSH!.. Wow! Wow. He’s burning with so much… beauty... And smoke. *sniff* Just wonderful.

Come. On. Let’s go.

Yea-yea. I’m coming!

WOHHOHOOO! HERE GOES THE HEAD!
***
Okay, right now, we’re going to meet up with the Princess Celestia, to tell her what’s going o---

You can now come in.

Okay, here we go.

Princess Celestia, we’re your humble subjects and came here to tell you what’s going on.

Please, tell me.

So, Your Highness, my name is Sparky. I’m from the southern part of the Ponyville, near the Everfree Forest. And… could you give me a second?

Yes, sure.
***
So, I explained everything to the Princess, and now we’re going to watch the show.

*Sound of charging unicorn magic*
*Sound of a blast* *Explosion*
*Sound of a static unicorn magic*
*Sound of a blast*

Okay, so, she destroyed the plant and now I see how zombies just falling apart. That does look nasty by the way. Their plant parts are just withering. And all that left is rotten flesh. Brrrrr~.
I’m going to stop recording now. And I hope I will never record something like this again.
***
***
***

BLOOPERS AND DELETED SCENES:

[Okay, aaaand START!]

Oh goodness. I hope someone will find this. My name is Sparky. I'm a unicorn and… I forgot my line. I’m so screwed.
Hahah.

[Heheh. Heh. You are, indeed.]

I am? OH NO!
***
Nopony knew what it was, so they just all wanted to look at it. Including me. And again, don't laugh or anything, but I was wearing a breeding mask.

[Breeding mask? What? Hahah!]

Yes, I’m wearing a breeding mask. Because I’m a retard that can't remember his line. DUUUUURRR.
***
Deleted scene:
Oh, Sparky, it’s so big!

I know. Let’s do this.

*Eating sound*

How did you manage to find this footlong?

[You know that I’m going to cut it, right?]

BAHAHahah!

GAHAHah! KHA! GHA! IT STUCK IN MY THROAT!
***
DANCE FEVER!
*Clatter of hooves*
[Hahahah!]

VISUAL GA-HAhaha-GS! HAHah!
***
Why is zebra always supposed to be ‘The one who caused all the troubles?’
I’m just asking.
***
Princess Celestia, we’re your humble subjects and came here to tell you what’s going on.

Please, tell me.

So, Your Highness… you’re a BITCH! And I forgot my li-ahaha-ne. Hahahahah. Heh-h. Okay, again.
***
Maggie… I… I thought I lost you. Maggie…

[Pffff! Hahahaha!]

WHAHahat!?

[It’s just. Pffsst. Hehahah. Your face is just priceless there. Pfhahah!]

Someone shut his mouth… You know what, don’t. He may like it.

[BWAHAHAHAH!
And it’s true. Hahahaha!]

Hahah. Oh you, Fetch!
***
Alternative ending:
*Metal rasp* *Red Alert Syren* *Canon shooting sound*
TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
BEYATCH!
Let’s finish it like that, huh?

[Heheh, you know we can’t.]

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.
***
It was not so big, I think as tall as you are… And as ugly as you are.

I did my best, to stay with the name of the sexiest pony on this planet and I will destroy any opponent.

Then you need to destroy the entire world.

Yes, that what I---HEEEEEEEY!

[HAHAHAHAH!]
***
Alternative takes:
OHHH! I hope he didn’t need this leg for anything,

OHHH! He will never play hoofball again.

OHHH!.. Oh well, they can’t have children anyway.

OHHH! SSSS! AHHH! SSSS! OHHH! SSSS! AHHH! SSSS!---
***
And I hope I will never record something like this again.
Because me and Fetch decided to marry, and I don’t want anything to happen to us ‘till the next month.

[BWAHAHA!]

[What will happen on the next month, honey?]

Oh you’ll see, dear. And you’ll like it.

[Hahah!]
***
Deleted scene:
Sparky, are you trying to seduce me?

Mmmmmaaaaybe.

Oh ok.

No that was too easy; I have no interest in you anymore.

Awwwww… Bwahahah!

Hahahah!

[Hahahah!]
***
***
***

Comments ( 4 )

Why do i have a feeling that spikes diary would REALLY be full with "Rarity's amazing" "I love rarity" and "Rarity is cute" :P

#2 · Dec 9th, 2011 · · ·

Adding in outtakes was freakin' brillant.:pinkiehappy:

59142

I don't know.
Inever read them.

Login or register to comment