• Published 9th Dec 2011
  • 10,335 Views, 211 Comments

Leap of Faith: Octavia Vs. Rave - Wolokai



Octavia learns the "Underground" side of life from her polar opposite: Vinyl Scratch, A.K.A. DJ-PON3

  • ...
19
 211
 10,335

The Crossover Afterparty!!!

Vinyl knocked on the door gently, the wooden rectangle opening on its own slowly. Loud music was blaring in the background as the party raged on without a certain colt who everyone had been missing. Vinyl stuck her head in and shouted

"Wolokai, come on! Everpony's wondering where you...oh." The colt in mention was passed out, hunched over his keyboard with the final chapter of his latest story ready to go, his mouse pointer over the word 'Publish' but his hoof unmoving. His heavy breathing gently moved a napkin across the table, and his wings were ruffled and hanging limp at his side.

From beside Vinyl, Octavia whispered "Poor dear...he's been having a rough time lately hasn't he?" The two mares entered the room and shut the door quickly behind them, muffling the loud music in the living room. They trotted up to him, Octavia putting a gentle hoof on his back and whispering "I'll get him to bed...make sure you save whatever is on the computer and shut it down." Vinyl nodded and watched as Octavia slung his hoof and leg over her shoulder, gently heaving him up and stirring up a low grumble out of his lungs. Vinyl smiled, shaking her head and moving into his seat, scrolling down through chapter and giving it a quick read over. She nodded after a moment, smiling in particular at a picture of her and Octavia before hitting the 'Publish' button and returning to the main screen for the story.

She looked over and whispered loudly to Octavia "Jeez, they really love his stuff!"

Octavia scoffed and rolled her eyes, whispering back "Of course they do darling...he's a good writer...I just wish he would start feeling better soon."

Vinyl nodded and whispered "It'll get better...just wait till he sees what we have planned for him! Um...when were we planning on doing this again?"

Octavia sighed and face-hoofed, grumbling "For the last time Vinyl...we said after he's finished Shyness Vs. Kindness and Twilight Vs. The Great and Powerful..." Vinyl nodded and looked down the list of chapters, raising an eyebrow as she noticed one missing.

She turned and whispered "The story's missing The Afterparty chapter!"

Octavia rolled her eyes and tucked the sleeping colt into bed, trotting over and whispering loudly "Then just...add it, write something!" Vinyl put a hoof to her chin and thought for a moment, a wide smile crossing her face.



- Dear Readers, you know...you guys and all.

Hope you all enjoyed the story, you must have since I keep reading all these cool and rad comments. Wolokai's been feeling a bit down recently, and is kind of stressed, work, college and all. But don't worry, because he's already mentioned that Leap of Faith: Shyness Vs. Kindness will be out in a few days or so! Me and Octy' have noticed every time that he walks away from the keyboard, that he has a smile on his face. You all really do a fantastic job of keeping his spirits up, and from the looks of things he's doing a pretty badass job of keeping you all entertained. Hope you all stick around and follow him and stuff, cause he's a pretty cool colt, definitely deserves the recognition and praise!

-Vinyl Scratch.


Octavia looked over at Vinyl and frowned, muttering "Really...? Ugh, give me the keyboard."


- To Wolokai's most gracious and wonderful Readers,

You are all the most wonderful of ponies, and I must say you've really brought a tremendous amount of joy to a certain colt's spirits. He really appreciates all you've done to help and make his stories an inspiration and enjoyable read for you all! Don't tell him, but we've got a surprise for the dear in a few stories, so don't go anywhere! As Vinyl mentioned, the 'MacxShy' story is going to be appearing in a few days, so don't miss out! He did mention this one might be a bit shorter then the others, but that's no reason to say the quality will be different! Do stay with us, as this darling colt continues to take our breath away with heartening words and beautiful emotions.

-Octavia.


"Really? For Celestia's sake Octy', what a way to sound cheezy!"

"Oh do stop being such a brute Vinyl, I was at least using proper grammar and not, ugh, 'slang'"

"This isn't Canterlot Octavia, relax. You don't have to impress everypony with your super fancy words and stuff"

"Sometimes I just don't know what to do with you!"

"I could give you an idea..."

"Ugh, how vile! Can't you keep your thoughts clean for two seconds?"

"I have to get dirty before I get clean Tavi' baby..."


From the far side of the room, the colt opened his eyes and stared at the two mares arguing, their raised whispers stirring him awake. He watched with bloodshot eyes and a frown...before starting to smile. He closed his eyes and let out a quiet sigh, shaking his head and letting sleep envelop him once more.

"Those two..." he thought... "Sometimes...love is weird like that."


(Special thanks to everyone who made this possible and my wonderful followers who've stuck with me over our adventures! As I put in the story descrip., all credit of songs and music used in this fic are properties of their respective owners and I in NO WAY own any of it! See you in a few days! - Wolokai)

Comments ( 43 )

:) IMA HAPPY NOW

I'll see you later legend :pinkiesmile:

*smiles and claps

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! *snorts and giggles*

Anyone her gets that reference will earn a cookie.

Another awesome story under your belt :D

I really enjoyed this one. The music that was laid throughout the fic really added a lot to it and made it more fun to read. Really added to the atmosphere and made you feel like you were really there listening to these ponies play the awesome songs.

My favorite moment in this story had to be when Octavia and Vinyl "faced off" on the stage for their performance and when we met Vinyl's dad XD. That guy was funny and seemed like a real cool colt :D.

Looking forward to the next story :D Have a good one.

Fantastic job on the story, I really loved it. I can't wait to read what you release in the future.

Cheers!

Fantastic story, really. I hope the mac&shutterfly (<-lawlz) LoF is gonna be good^^

anyways, I loooooove vinyl and octavia shippings - and you made this story pretty awesome. although some things i want to mention:
you had some pretty witty oity toity mistakes with then & than - i don't know, but i think it's americanish? (grey and gray - that's why i presume you're from america)

aanyways - cool story, bro.

So is it fluttershy and pinkie or fluttershy and rarity next?

76515

Mac x Fluttershy

Man, you're awesome. :pinkiesmile:
Just had to say that again because I don't think I'll ever be able to say it enough.

It's really cool of you to continue writing these quality stories even with all of the stuff you seem to have piling up. I'm sure you've got a handle on it, I don't doubt that, but you know, breaks are good to. If you ever feel the need, let your mind rest. You put these out so fast that I'm surprised your brain doesn't catch fire at the speed it must be going. Friendly suggestion, type close to a water source. :twilightsmile:

This is the odd thing to me I play the cello like Octavia and the organ like Shake it is odd to me how i play the same to instruments as two of the characters

I love TaviXScratch fics. Allegrezza, Vinyl Scratch Tapes, THIS MASTERPIECE.

80634

M...M...Mister Aspect!!! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh OH MY GOSH!!!!! :rainbowkiss:

I really dig your music! It really helped me write this, thank you so much! :pinkiehappy:

Nicely done man. I just stumbled upon your stories (began by reading the first Leap of Faith, and slowly catching up). These are all well-written, classy stories. I especially enjoy your "after parties" at the end. Reminds me of a movie having a director's commentary or something similar.

Great story, especially after you fixed that god awful formatting. You earned a watch from me, and I'm quite eager to read everything else you have.

:derpyderp1:"startes to slow clap" Bravisimo, Magnifico, other words that end in O. 10 out of 5:pinkiehappy:

Question, Where is the first one? Cannot seem to find it.

ey Wolokai, mind if i use that line from chapter 11 in a trance song eventually?

"Music has no ending...it's just a constant stream of happiness and wild freedom...why would you ever make it stop?"

it's the perfect kind of line for something like that.

4.9 stars, fitting. X3
Also, thank you for all the awesome songs I can add to my list.:pinkiesmile:

This was just awesome. I loved the whole story.

This is the story that got me started on you, Wooly. Keep up the good writing. :pinkiehappy:

If Vinyl/Octavia wasn't on my "ships that are like crack to me" list already... well, actually it WAS already on that list, but hello beautiful reinforcement!

Holy mother of Luna. I'm... I'm speechless. Beautifully written and the music went with it so amazingly... I actually was moved to tears more than once. This has risen quickly to be one of my absolute favourite fanfictions of all time, and for that, Sir, I thank you.
:twilightsmile::pinkiesmile::raritystarry::heart::raritystarry::pinkiesmile::twilightsmile:

I give you 5 crispy bacons out of five. :pinkiegasp:

Fan-freaking-tabulous my friend. Good show! One of the best stories I've read. My only disappointment is that it ended. Well done! :twilightsmile:

Amazing story!!!!! I loved the music even though i can't add it to my ipod till i get home stupid apple not allowing music to put on the ipods. Anyway........ I still have yet to figure it out but i love this shipping and this story makes love it soo much more.

833593

You bring up a very good point sir, and for that I apologize. I'll be sure to dedicate a day to going back and fixing this fic as well as any other Leap of Faiths that shared the same issues. If given the opportunity, I'd very much appreciate it if you could give it a read through again once it's all fixed, and see if you could enjoy this fic then.

Finally getting around to these fics. I quite like them so far, you do a good job with storytelling, creating the plots, and putting emotion into it. What needs a little work, however, is the purely technical side of things. Perhaps consider a proofreader or two, as there are quite a number of orthographical and grammatical errors. Not glaringly so, but enough that you'd probably benefit from a bit of editing. Some sentence structure is a little awkward too, and editing might help you refine the dialogue a little more. Basically it's not that there's anything bad, just that with a little help you could probably improve it further.

That aside, very nice story. Certainly gets a fav and a thumbs up.

75599
It's gonna drive me nuts if you don't tell me.

holy crap!! that was one o the greatest stories i have ever read i like the fact that you put up those links that just made the story way better that was cool keep up the good work:rainbowlaugh:

The worst thing about the story is that it ended. Keep up the good work! :twilightsmile:

WOOHOO now that was cute
I has a happy :pinkiehappy:

you require moustaches! 5/5
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

All of my HNNNGS. Take them. Also take a mustache for your troubles. :moustache:

Amazing. This was easily the best Fan fic I have read. The music mix in was amazing. 15/10

:rainbowkiss: Oww to many Emotions for my poor soul and mind. This is simply amazing. The feelings, the emotions there so many of them. I just cant describe what i feel but it is a wonderful feeling. :twilightsmile:

SO. Here I was browsing through the myriad Vinyl and Cctavia fics when I come upon this fiction and see the the title for chapter 4 is "The Mare They Call Vinyl Scratch"
MFW:rainbowderp: ... wait.... is that a reference to.... OMG A MAN THEY CALL JAYNE!!!!!!!!!
25.media.tumblr.com/102fca3c21019f94b87e207dd4026cdb/tumblr_mgbvvivWkR1rj9lslo1_500.gif

OMG I loved Firefly soooo much...

:raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry:/:raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry:

only one bad thing. it ended

Comment posted by DrWhooves007 deleted Apr 19th, 2015

A great ending to a excellent story. I love the music theme of the whole thing. Vinyl is trying to show the world , especially Octavia, that music is about freedom, passion and love. I really enjoyed this reading this imagining the music for myself. ¤I didn't click the links ¤

A super cute story great job :ajsmug:

Saw the title for this, and it reminded me of an animation i made years ago. https://youtu.be/NnhoR1ErBRY

6540706
Youtube being a massive cunt

Login or register to comment