• Published 14th Jun 2018
  • 6,136 Views, 473 Comments

Sunset Shimmer The Pony of Earth - luckyboys121



Now that Sunset Shimmer is able to be a pony whenever she wants she is excited to start her new life with her friends by her side. Now though she has to deal with how others will react and learn just how poorly she has thought this life choice out

  • ...
19
 473
 6,136

Love Pie and Past Sunset

"So then, we'll go the mall and walk around to stores and you'll just talk to a few guys, no big deal just talk and get you out there-" said Cadance as she droned on while leading Bright Lights along.

She on the other hand was wracking her brain trying to figure a way out of this as she thought. "OK guy... or girl? Whatever, now's not the time for mental semantics, the point is how do I get out of this flirting lesson, I mean I already told Cadence I've never been on a date with a guy before... I can't exactly change that because then she'll know I'll be lying to get out of this. Ehhh, I don't go want flirt with guys... wait a minute GUYS, THAT'S IT! I'll just tell her another partial truth, that being that I'm into girls and... wait no that would only change the target of this outing as then she'd be trying to teach me how to find the girl of my dreams. I would need to make her think I'm taken, but I can't exactly get my actual girlfriend to stop by for a number of reasons... wait a minute." She then paused as she pulled out her phone and smiled thinking, "Sweet she's in study hall now... she could slip away from that," Bright then began texting as she thought, "Alright, you said you'd help me through all this... time to see how much."


Back at Sunset's apartment

After "carefully" carrying her to the bed Aria and Sonata "gently" sat her down.

"Alright now that this is all taken of, we should probably straighten up everything before she wakes up," said Aria.

"Aww, can't we sit and watch her sleep for it, I mean she's just a cute sleepy pony," said Sonata as she stared at Sunset with a large smile on her face.

Sunset then let out a huge snore, starling Sonata as she once again grabbed the tranquilizer gun and took aim.

Thankfully Aria grabbed it out of her hand before she could pull the trigger flatly saying, "Seriously."

"She startled me," said Sonata defensively.

"She startled you?!" repeated Aria.

"SHE... STARTLED... ME," said Sonata slowly trying to make her point.

"Uhhh, whatever just put this back where you found it," said Aria as she was done with this situation and simply handed the gun back to Sonata.

"OK, geeze you act like I'm some kind of trigger happy lunatic," said Sonata as she walked over to the dresser.

She was interrupted though as she heard Sunset gurgle and unloaded a shot into her other flank as Aria yelled out, "YOU DO REALIZE WE WANT HER TO WAKE UP EVENTUALLY RIGHT!?"


Meanwhile at the mall

As Bright followed Cadence into the mall she kept her eyes peeled for her savior as she thought, "OK, just try and stall Cadence until you see her, then this will all be over."

Cadence led her forward as she said, "Alright, first things first, the guy you should talk to should share some of the same interests as you, so what stores around here do you like?"

"Oh um, I'm not actually sure right now," said Bright.

"You're not sure?" said Cadence in confusion.

"I'm trust having trouble thinking about it right now... maybe we should go to the food court and get a bite to eat before we do anything," said Bright with a hopeful smile.

"Ehhhhh, no. We can get lunch after, besides there's a cute guy over there looking at you," said Cadence as she pointed.

Flash looked to see one of his closest friends, Micro Chips, who had skipped school to pick up the latest game in his favorite series, was indeed taking more than friendly glances at her as he waited in line.

"Well go on talk to him," said Cadence as she tried to push her forward.

After taking one final look around, to no avail, she decided to execute the plan early as there was simply some stuff she didn't want know about her friends as she said, "Actually Cadence, I didn't want to tell you this because I'm still not fully comfortable telling people yet but... the reason I haven't dated a guy before is because I'm into girls."

Upon hearing this Cadence stopped pushing her forward as she simple said, "Oh... I'm sorry for doing this then."

Bright smiled as it looked like this plan might have worked even without help as she said, "It's fine, like I said I don't usually tell people so you had no way of knowing."

As Bright looked at Cadence's apologetic face she got ready to pull out her phone and text that the plan was off, only for Cadence to be filled with renewed energy as she said, "Well if that's the case then I can still help you, as not only will a lot of my tips and tricks still work for girls but I think I know a certain glasses wearing nerdy girl who could also use some dating experience."

At hearing that Bright realized that this has now backfired even worse than she thought it would as she nervously said, "But isn't Twilight dating that Timber Spruce guy?"

"Weeelll, she says that but neither me, her brother, or her parents have met him yet so Shining and I have a little bet going with me saying he's a cover for her being scared to tell people she like girls, like you, and him saying he's real," said Cadence before leaning into Bright's ear and whispering, "And between you and me, I think I got a good chance of winning as let's just say a few drawing and stories I found on Twilight's desk when I babysat her confirmed that Shining wasn't the only member of that family who had a crush on me."

As Bright heard this information she thought, "OK what do I do now?! I could say Twilight's just not my type... as weird as that is to say, but then I'd have to establish what my type is.... I wonder if my Twilight had a crush on her Cadence at one point.... FOCUS DARN IT!" Just as Bright was running out of ideas she finally spotted her peppy pink savoir approaching as she said, "I'm flattered, but I'm sort of already seeing someone," as she moved closer to Pinkie.

As soon as Pinkie saw her she, having already being made aware of the situation and her part to play in it, ran up to Bright and scooped her up in a big hug saying, "Bright baby! Did the mean old Cadie try and make you do something you didn't want too?"

"A little... but you came just in time to help me my little... love pie,"said Bright as she returned the hug and struggled to come up with a fake pet name for her.

"Oh... I'm sorry Pinkie I didn't know you and Bright where dating," said Cadence before a look of confusion overtook her as she said, "But wait why are you here? Shouldn't you still be at school right now?"

"Oh, I was worried about my Bright baby when she didn't show up for school and so I started asking around to find out if she was OK, when I asked the CMC they told me what was going so I rushed over before you made her do something she'd regret," said Pinkie as she moved to simply having her arm around Bright's shoulder.

"Oh... well again I'm sorry for assuming, I should have figured by the way Bright said she specifically hadn't dated a guy before," said Cadence apologetically.

"Oh it's no problem, I'm sure my scared little baby here just didn't tell you... again," Pinkie then turned to Bright as she said, "Alright, no if and or buts about it. As soon as we get back to school we're telling everybody about us."

"Oh I don't know," said Bright feigning nervousness as this was her plan.

"Oh come on, this way it would stop all these misunderstanding you keep putting yourself in. You're not ashamed of your little love pie are you?" said Pinkie fluttering her eye in mock sadness.

"Of course not babe... alright let's do it then," said Bright with a smile on her face.

"That's what I like to hear from my girl," said Pinkie as she put her arm back around her and kissed her on the cheek, causing a very real nervous blush and smile to form on her face as that wasn't originally part of the plan.

"Well I'll catch you later Cadie, I'm gonna go buy my girl here a little gift for finally agreeing to try and get over her fears," said Pinkie as she grabbed onto Bright's hand and they both walked off.

Cadence stood there for a moment before saying to her self, "Oh my gosh, THEY ARE SUCH A CUTE COUPLE! I mean the quite and reserved Bright and the bold outgoing Pinkie who just wants to help Bright come out of her shell so she can show the whole world why she loves her. OH I can't wait to tell Shining, its like something straight out of one my romance novels."

As they walked away Bright looked over at Pinkie saying, "Um, Pinkie. I'm grateful that you came for me like this, but don't you think you laid it on a little thick there with the romance stuff. I mean as far she knows I just started at Canterlot High a bit ago so at most we could have only been on like two dates."

"I know but I just couldn't help it, no ones ever asked me to be their fake girlfriend before and once I started it was just so much fun that I had to keep going," said Pinkie with a smile as she refused to let go of Bright's hand.

"Well... thanks again," said Bright a little unnerved by how enthusiastic Pinkie was about this before saying, "Anyway let's just get back to school so we can do our 'coming out' announcement and I don't have to worry about anyone trying to fix me up again," said Bright.

"We can't do that silly. First we got to get a bunch of coupley stuff like matching bracelet's and necklaces and Oh look, that place makes custom t-shirts!" said Pinkie excitedly pointing at a store before she continued saying, "I could wear one that says Bright's girl and you could wear one that says Pinkie's girl, or maybe have our pet names for each other instead so mine would say Bright baby's and yours would Love pie's."

"Um Pinkie... are you sure that's necessary?" said Bright.

"Well duh, I mean your pretending to be my girlfriend and I know that I would do stuff like this with my girlfriend, or boyfriend since I'm fine either way," said Pinkie with a smile.

Bright, who couldn't deny that statement given Pinkie's personality, decided to try and put this off saying, "OK, but couldn't we do all this at our sleepover tonight."

"Well we're already at the mall, and I don't think my parents are gonna let you sleep over after we announce this because well... they'd be worried that we aren't exactly 'sleeping' if you get what I'm saying," said Pinkie before her innocent smile returned to her face as she pulled Bright's hand towards the t shirt store.


Back at Sunset's apartment several hours later.

Sunset awoke to several confusing things as firstly she was on her bed even though she didn't remember going to it and secondly, and more importantly, there was a total of three darts embedded in her body and two embedded in her pillow indicating that someone tried to hit her with more, only to have their aim knocked off by something at the last minute. Not knowing what to make of this Sunset removed the darts from her body and readied her horn as she marched out of her room and down the stairs.

Thankfully though, rather than the home intruders she was expecting, Sunset was greeted by Aria and Sonata sweeping and picking up some books that had somehow fallen as she said, "Um, hey girls what's up?"

Aria turned to her before saying, "Oh dang, Sonata get the gun, the lizard queen is up again."

"Lizard what now?" said Sunset in confusion before teleporting down to them.

At seeing this amount of focus and lucidity Sonata perked up as she said, "Wait, Sunset are you... you?"

Sunset only became more confused as she said, "Um yeah... who else would I be."

Aria then smiled as she said, "You have no idea," before they hugged Sunset, glad to have her back.

"Um girls, not that I don't like this hug but you can explain what's going on here?" said Sunset.

This resulted in the girls going through details of this day, and some of last night as apparently she had been out of it for longer than they thought, but the game had helped her keep it together.

After hearing all this Sunset looked down in embarrassment as she said, "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you girls."

"Eh it's no big deal, once we used your tranq gun it was easy as pie," said Sonata with a smile.

"Speaking of which, why exactly do you have a tranquilizer gun anyway?" said Aria as she had been pondering that question for several hours now.

"Oh... um it's not exactly something I'm proud of," said Sunset timidly.

"And what, you only know the best of us," said Aria jokingly.

"Fair point," said Sunset as she giggled at the realization that she wasn't the only reformed villain in the room. "OK so it all started a few years back when I was running for Princess of the Spring Fling. Rarity was up against me and, with all her friends helping on her campaign, was threatening to beat me. So I did a little hacking work and sent a few fake emails and texts to break up their friendship."

"I still find it odd that they never followed up with each other after that," said Sonata confused.

"Meh, anger makes people act irrationally," said Aria as she wanted Sunset to continue.

"Anyway, I'm not sure if I did it too late or what but the night of the dance it still looked Rarity was going to win sooo," said Sunset as she trailed off.

"Sooo," said Aria as her curiosity was overtaking her.

"So, I picked up that gun from the sporting good store, shot Rarity with it when she went outside to take a breather during the dance, laid her down in a bush and placed a few empty bottles I had stolen from the recycling center around her so it looked like she had partied too hard, and then I called over Celestia saying how 'it's just awful that a potential princess would behave so disgracefully' getting her disqualified."

"Wow," said Sonata.

"Yup," said Sunset in slight shame.

"You must have done some serious apologizing to get her to forgive you for that," said Aria.

"Actually a simple apology was enough as the fall out of it wasn't nearly as bad as planned since, one everyone knew she wasn't much of a partier and that it must have been a misunderstanding, and two it was a high school party so she wasn't exactly the only passed out by the end of," said Sunset as she giggled at that last part.

This resulted in a slight chuckle from Aria.

"But wait, why did you keep it then?" asked Sonata.

"Well first I thought maybe I could use it again, in fact I thought about doing the same thing to Twilight during the Fall Formal but she had her guard up the whole time so I couldn't. After I started reforming though I decided to keep it as well as a few other things as I reminder of who I used to be so I'd never be that person again," said Sunset as she held her head down in sadness.

"Hey don't beat yourself up over what you did before," said Aria as she smiled before continuing saying, "After all, 'you're past does not define you, cause you're past is not today.'"

At hearing this Sunset laughed as she said, "You girls heard that... man you really have been spying on my for a while."

Sonata then giggled as she said, "Please, you sang that on a roof top in the middle of the night, I don't think there is anyone who didn't hear you."

They all then let out a giggle as they simply enjoyed this quaint moment together.

Author's Note:

And so Bright is out of one situation, only to be thrown into another. Will she regret this decision? How will others react? What is going to happen Sunset next? Find out all this and more next chapter whenever that may be (next chapter is gonna be the CMC's performance and I'm still working on their song lyrics so it could be a while)

Anyway to any of you curious as to why I put out two chapter back to back like this I have a number of reasons as one, this chapter and the previous chapter where originally one but it was running too long I had to cut them, two many of you in the previous chapter where asking for specificly this in the comment section so I figured I might as well give you it now since I could, and finally as stated it might be a while before I come out with the next chapter (especially since if you read my latest blog post I also got a little pet project going on in the background so that's eating up my time too) so I wanted to give you as much as I could before this little break

Anyway I hope you all liked it, thanks for reading, any constructive criticism is welcome, and have a nice day.