• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 3,402 Views, 46 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Search For Derpy - Jeseille-Hazim



The Doctor and Derpy travel in time to the future to meet their future selves, but the Doctor ends up making a mistake in which he has to se

  • ...
2
 46
 3,402

Chapter 2

Glad I stopped that dragon, it’s a shame it had to die though, but good thing Zecora was there, the Doctor thought.

The Doctor kept moving through the forest, avoiding obstacles here and there. Never once stopping, but then he had to stop when he could barely run anymore. He saw a bunch of trees obviously since it was a forest. He picked a random tree to lie against and catch his breath.

He saw a lot of berries on the ground, but decided not to eat them. Curious, he picked up a berry with his hoof. He then examined them and saw that there was moss all around the berry. He was surprised that he could even tell that it was a berry.

“Should I?” the Doctor thought to himself as he put the berry close to his mouth, but then he stopped himself. “No! Doctor, what are you thinking?! No way in Tartarus would I eat such a revolting berry such as this. It probably has a bunch of parasites in it.”

The Doctor felt his stomach grumble. “Look, I promise I’ll get you food when I’m out of this situation of trying to find Derpy,” the Doctor argued with his stomach.

The Doctor got a sudden realization. “Oh my Celestia, I’m going crazy. Look at me, I’m arguing with my stomach. Oh Derpy, I hope I can find you soon,” the Doctor said as he looked up at the night sky.

“Wait, maybe I can go back to Zecora’s real quick and see if she has anything I can eat. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind. We are good friends after all, plus she’s not that far away,” the Doctor realized.

The Doctor dropped the berry and got up from where he was lying down. He then ran back to Zecora’s hut, which was literally five minutes away from where he was. He knocked on the door and waited for Zecora to open it. He got no answer so he decided to knock again. Again, he got no answer.

Frustrated and starving, he looked through the so-called window of the hut. He didn’t see Zecora in there. Hmm... She probably went somewhere, the Doctor thought. He pushed the door open and let himself in. He looked around the room, checking everywhere for food. He even looked behind all the vases that were on the shelves.

The Doctor calmed himself down a bit. “Now if I were a zebra, where would I put my food?” the Doctor asked himself.

“Oh, don’t be silly! Why would a zebra hide their food differently than the rest of us equines? the Doctor conferred.

The Doctor looked to his left and saw an apple on the ground. He walked over and picked it up his hoof. “Huh... How come I never noticed this before when I was frantically searching all over the place?” the Doctor wondered.

The Doctor looked all over the apple. “Looks safe to eat,” the Doctor observed. He went for it and took a bite out of the apple.

“Mmm... Delicious!” the Doctor said as he chewed on the apple.

“Good thing Zecora didn’t have pears. I hate pears and I wish they never existed,” the Doctor said as he took another bite of the apple.

The Doctor finished the apple a few minutes later and looked around. The place looked like a mess. Since the Doctor knew Zecora would be mad at him for doing this, he decided to clean up the place for her so she wouldn’t have to do it herself.

He had to be quick though, Zecora would be back any second. A few moments later and the hut wasn’t a mess anymore. Everything was back to where it originally was before the Doctor trashed the place while in a desperate need of food.

“Ah, perfect. Now to get out of here before Zecora comes back,” the Doctor said as he admired his work.

The Doctor went outside of the hut and saw Zecora not that far away from it. Thinking quickly, he jumped behind a nearby bush and watched as she came closer to the hut. She looked like she had a few things that she bought from the market.

“I guess she still makes trips there,” the Doctor whispered.

The Doctor watched as Zecora continued to come closer to the hut. Finally, she got there and opened the door. She opened the door and went inside, closing the door behind her.

“Wow, that was almost too easy!” the Doctor exclaimed.

Suddenly, Zecora came back outside to see what that sound was. The Doctor got worried and ducked down. Gah, how could you be so stupid, Doctor? the Doctor thought as he mentally slapped himself. Zecora looked around and saw that there was nopony or creature anywhere, not knowing that the Doctor was behind a nearby bush.

The Doctor got the feel of relief as he heard the sound of a door closing. He thought that Zecora had gone inside. He got up and saw that she had really gone inside. He went up to the hut and looked in through the window. He saw that Zecora was mixing up some kind of potion.

“Now that my work is done, I can continue looking for Derpy,” the Doctor whispered. He sneaked away from the hut and once he was a safe distance away from it, he ran. He found his way back to the same tree he lied against before. He decided to lie against it again to take a little break.

“Wow, what an exhausting day,” the Doctor yawned.

“I’m sure Derpy wouldn’t mind waiting a little longer,” the Doctor said. Usually the Doctor would object to this, but now he was just plain tuckered out.

“Hopefully no animal will come by and eat me,” the Doctor chuckled. The Doctor found himself closing his eyes and falling into a deep slumber, hoping that nothing bad happens to him while he’s sleeping.