• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 3,402 Views, 46 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Search For Derpy - Jeseille-Hazim



The Doctor and Derpy travel in time to the future to meet their future selves, but the Doctor ends up making a mistake in which he has to se

  • ...
2
 46
 3,402

Prologue

The Doctor and Derpy had just returned from a hectic adventure in the past Germaney where they encountered some Daleks. They were back in the TARDIS, safe and sound. The Doctor leaned against the TARDIS walls.

“Well, that was fun, wasn’t it?” the Doctor asked.

“Yeah, that was fun, where do we go now?” Derpy replied.

“Well, since I chose the last one. How about you choose the place we go to now?” the Doctor replied.

“Hmm... How about... Las Pegasus?” Derpy said.

“I’m an earth pony, remember? Not a pegasus,” the Doctor chuckled.

“Oh, right.” Derpy giggled.

“Pick something else,” the Doctor said.

“Okay, how about we go see future us?” Derpy suggested.

“You sure about that?” the Doctor asked.

“Definitely, I want to see how much my friends and I have gotten ahead in life.” Derpy replied.

“Okay then, but be warned. The future is not what it seems,” the Doctor replied.

“Yeah, yeah, I get it.” Derpy said.

The Doctor looked at Derpy with worried eyes.

“You okay, Derpy? You seem to be different today,” the Doctor asked.

“Yeah. Sorry, but I’ve been time traveling with you for many years. I think I can handle it.” Derpy replied.

“Ah, right. Sorry about that,” the Doctor said.

“It’s okay, I forgive you, so can we go then?” Derpy asked.

“Yep, ready?” the Doctor asked as he walked over to the lever.

“Yeah.” Derpy replied.

“Allon-sy!” the Doctor yelled as he pulled the lever.

The TARDIS started to fade away from where it was in Germaney. A few seconds later and it was gone. On the inside of the TARDIS, it started to shake which made the Doctor and Derpy lose their balance a little. They were used to it by now, especially the Doctor. The TARDIS started to fade into somewhere in the future of Equestria.

The TARDIS ended up near the marketplace in Ponyville and was in an alley.The Doctor opened the door when it finally stopped and stepped out. Derpy followed suit and stepped out as well. They looked around from where they were. Equestria changed a lot over the years. New technology, remodeled houses, and lots of new ponies.

“Well, here we are,” the Doctor said.

“I can see that.” Derpy chuckled.

“So, what do you want to do first?” the Doctor asked.

“Well, seeing where we end up in the future can wait. Let’s look around for a bit and have some fun.” Derpy replied.

“Alright, let’s go,” the Doctor said.

The Doctor and Derpy left the alley and began to trot through the marketplace. Ponies were just buying their usual vegetables and other food. It was quite loud as usual with ponies arguing about the prices of the vegetables and other foods. The Doctor and Derpy started to talk, ignoring the sounds of the ponies arguing.

“It amazes me how much Equestria has changed over the years,” the Doctor said.

“Yeah, it’s amazing.” Derpy replied.

The Doctor suddenly got somepony pushed into him. This pony was an male earth pony with a black mane similar to his and gray coat. He recognized him as Clover or Lucky, as ponies call him. The Doctor helped Lucky up and asked if he was okay.

“You okay, Lucky?” the Doctor asked.

“Yeah, just fine. The ponies who work at the marketplace can be assholes at times.” Lucky replied.

“Oh? What happened, then?” the Doctor asked.

“This stallion pushed me away when I kept refusing to accept his offer on broccoli.” Lucky replied.

“Hmm, I know how much you love your broccoli. Let me talk to him,” the Doctor offered.

“He’s right over there.” Lucky pointed his hoof towards the stallion.

“Come, Derpy,” the Doctor said.

“Okay.” Derpy simply replied.

The Doctor trotted towards the stallion that Lucky pointed at, with Derpy following from behind him. The Doctor approached the vegetable stand and observed the stallion. He had a brown coat with a yellow mane. He seemed to be a bigger stallion than the rest of them. He also had a five o'clock shadow on his face.

“Need something?” the stallion running the vegetable stand said.

“A deep voice, too? Wow. Anyways, you seemed to push my friend Lucky here when you two were making a deal,” the Doctor replied.

“Yeah, so? He’s the one not accepting my offer,” the stallion said.

“Per se, what was your offer?” the Doctor asked.

“10 bits,” the stallion replied.

“Last week, it was 5 bits!” Lucky interrupted.

The Doctor turned to Lucky. “Lucky, I know you’re my friend and all, but why is this such a big deal? Just pay him 5 extra bits,” he said.

“Because I only have 7 bits on me.” Lucky calmed down and replied.

“Oh, well I suppose I could spare some bits,” the Doctor offered.

“Really? Thanks!” Lucky replied.

“No problem, what are friends for?” the Doctor said.

The Doctor turned his towards the saddlebag on his back and started to rummage through, trying to find some bits. Derpy suddenly tapped him on his shoulder. He didn’t turn back to face her and instead replied with, “Not now Derpy, I’m busy.”

“But...” Derpy said.

“Not now!” the Doctor replied.

Derpy couldn’t take being yelled at anymore or ignored by the Doctor after the many times that she has and ran off crying. She thought he didn’t care about her anymore. She didn’t know where she would end up either. She thought that she would leave a letter informing the Doctor first. Moments later, the Doctor found 3 bits and gave them to Lucky.

“There you go, Lucky,” the Doctor said.

Lucky took his 7 bits out of his saddlebag and gave his and the Doctor’s bits to the stallion. The stallion accepted the bits and gave the broccoli to Lucky. He took the broccoli and put it in his saddlebag. He thanked the Doctor again and left without another word.

“Now then, what did you want Derpy?” the Doctor said as he turned around. The Doctor realized that Derpy wasn’t there anymore.

The Doctor trotted back to the TARDIS thinking that Derpy was there. Turns out that she wasn’t. All he found was a note on the door. He thought that it was Derpy’s hoofwriting since pegasi and earth ponies aren’t that good at writing as unicorns are. He noticed that there were tear stains on it as well. He took the letter and started to read it.

“Dear Doctor,

I’m writing this letter to you because I’m running away. I thought you didn’t care about me anymore because you always yell at me and ignore me. You didn’t use to yell at me or ignore back when we first met on that day Nightmare Moon came back. You can find a new assistant if you want, I won’t mind. Just don’t worry about me, I’ll be safe.

Yours Truly,

Derpy.

P.S. I left a muffin for you if you look down.”

By the time the Doctor finished, he was already in tears. The Doctor doesn’t cry too often because he knows that it’s not gonna help with the situation, but this just made his heart ache that he hurt Derpy’s feelings. He looked down and saw that she indeed did leave a muffin. He picked it up with his hoof and started to it. He continued to eat the muffin while still crying.

“What have I done?!” the Doctor sobbed.

The Doctor finished his muffin and went into the TARDIS. He tried to find a box of tissues but never found one. Instead he used a rag even though it was dirty from fixing the TARDIS earlier today. He couldn’t find anything else, so what else could he use? He dried his eyes of the tears and stopped crying. He trotted out the door, letting the rag fall onto the floor of the TARDIS.

“I need to find her,” the Doctor whispered to himself.

The Doctor ran out of the alley and ran up to a random mare he’s never seen before.

“Excuse me, but have you seen a pegasus mare with a gray coat and blonde mane whose cutie mark is bubbles?” the Doctor asked.

“Yeah, she told me that she was running away to there,” the mare pointed towards a mountain in the Everfree Forest.

“Ugh, damn it!” the Doctor yelled.

“You okay?” the mare asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s just that I hurt her feelings when I yelled at her and she ran off,” the Doctor replied.

“Wanna talk about it?” the mare asked.

“Yeah, sure,” the Doctor replied.

The mare went over to a wall and sat against it. She hit the ground next to her with her hoof a couple times. The Doctor took this as a hint that she wanted him to sit next to her and did so.

“So, what happened between you two?” the mare asked.

“Well, we’ve been friends for a couple of years. We’re not in a relationship or anything if you were wondering that. Anyways, we were trotting through the marketplace when all of a sudden I get one of my friends named Lucky pushed into me by this stallion running a vegetable stand,” the Doctor replied.

“Wow, how rude,” the mare interrupted.

“I know, right?” the Doctor agreed.

“Continue,” the mare said.

“So the stallion says that the broccoli is 10 bits and he only has 7 bits. I offer to give him 3 bits like the nice pony I am. While I’m in my saddlebag searching for 3 bits, Derpy, which is the pony I’m talking about, taps me on the shoulder. I don’t bother to turn around because I was busy and ended up yelling at her,” the Doctor finished.

“Looks like you’ve got yourself in quite a pickle then,” the mare said.

“Yeah, I know,” the Doctor replied.

“You know, I used to have this friend that a situation happened between us similiar to this one,” the mare said.

“Really? What happened?” the Doctor asked.

“I don’t like to talk about it,” the mare said.

“Oh, come on! We’re all friends here, you can tell me anything. I won’t make fun of you or anything,” the Doctor nudged her.

“Okay, we had a fight and one thing led to another. Then we agreed that we would never talk to each other again and that’s how I ended up here. Basically, the short version of it all. I don’t want to waste your time to find your friend,” the mare said.

“Ah, okay. Well, I guess I’ll be going then,” the Doctor said as he stood up. The mare also got up.

“Good luck finding your friend in the Everfree Forest. That place can be really dangerous and scary at night, which it’s about to be,” the mare said.

“Oh, I’m sure I can handle it. I’m the Doctor, I’ve been through way more dangerous and scary things than the Everfree Forest,” the Doctor replied.

“The Doctor? Does that mean you work at Ponyville Hospital?” the mare asked.

“Nope, I’m a different kind of doctor,” the Doctor replied.

“Alright, look Doctor, I don’t know where you’ve been for the past 30 years, but the Everfree Forest has changed a lot,” the mare said.

“I guess that means I’ll have more fun than I bargained for,” the Doctor chuckled.

“You really are a crazy stallion, you know that?” the mare chuckled as well.

“I know I am,” the Doctor winked.

“She’s lucky to have a stallion like you who would go search for her after hurting her feelings. I hope you two do end up in an relationship. You would make the perfect couple,” the mare said.

“Uh, thanks? Only time will tell,” the Doctor replied.

“Well, go!” the mare yelled.

“Right,” the Doctor said as he trotted off to the Everfree Forest, hoping to find Derpy.

“He’ll never survive in there,” the mare chuckled and continued her day.