• Published 20th Jan 2018
  • 516 Views, 10 Comments

Impossible Numbers' Flashfic Anthology, Volume One - Impossible Numbers



Entries submitted for Loganberry's 150-Word Flashfic Contests. Individual genre ratings, story summaries, and links are included within the long description.

  • ...
2
 10
 516

The Hall of Laughs

“I’d show Fluttershy,” said Discord, “but her interests lie elsewhere. No, Pinkie, I rather think you should learn my secret.”

The interdimensional door opened…

“My Hall of Laughs!” he said. “I harness every single laugh I create!”

“THIS! IS! AMAZING!”

Pinkie bounced among the shelves. Laughter echoed every time she touched the walls.

Only after several minutes did a dark thought creep into her mind.

“Waaaaaiiiiiiit… Why are you showing me this?” said Pinkie suspiciously.

Discord whispered in her ear. The words, though softly spoken, roared like thunder around her skull.

“ME!?”

“The signs were obvious,” he said, shrugging. “One day, you’ll make a better Spirit of Chaos; you make other ponies laugh, not just yourself. This place won’t be able to hold the sheer power!”

The flattery rolled over Pinkie’s head. “But I’m just a pony!”

Discord grinned. “How do you think I got started… my little chaos apprentice?”

Comments ( 6 )

Depending on how many stories you expect to have here, you might need to move all those title cards into a table of contents chapter. There's a character limit for the synopsis, which I hit in my own shortfic anthology.

I don't know why, but these look oddly familiar. :raritywink: As I've enjoyed reading them, though, have a like anyway. :twilightsmile:

8681472

This is it, at least for Volume One.

I do intend to release any others I may write, but only once I've amassed enough to pass the next 1,000-word requirement. They're getting the next volume. In any case, seven stories are quite enough for any one volume to have (and seven months quite long enough to wait for that much!).

8681642

Methinks you must be mistaken, fellow user. :moustache:

:scootangel: Thanks! I've wanted to publish an anthology like this for a while; it simply required enough amassed words to be eligible for submission. Glad you enjoyed the fics!

This is a nice interaction between Discord and Pinkie.

This was very awesome to read. I enjoyed every single story that was in this fic.

9860798

Wow, thank you very much! Always a pleasure to see that my older stories still entertain people. :scootangel:

Login or register to comment