• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 206 Views, 0 Comments

The Author - nicojaller



A man fights against his own creations to defend Equestria, will he be strong enough or is the world doomed to fall into chaos and depravation ?

  • ...
 0
 206

Discord Time !

For the first time since I arrived here, I finally found an actual use for my book, since, like I could saw, my house, like a lot of houses in Ponyville at the moment was actually floating in the here. Yeah, I wouldn't jump from there and I do not have wings. I look at the book and the pen that appeared out of nowhere.

- '' Oookay, so let's see what you're capable of ''

I start of by writing something simple like jetpack, then out of nowhere, by magic I'll assume, a jetpack appears on the ground. That makes me smile.

- '' Oh yeah, this thing works ! ''

I put the jetpack on my back, I have no idea how it works and putting it on was way more complicated than what you would expect, it certainly would have been easier if I had hands and not hooves. Now that it's on my back I put myself on the end of the window, put my head outside. I make the cross sign and start flying.

* 10 seconds later *

The...pain...oh...god. I wasn't ready for that, not at all man. At least I'm not dead, I crashed, but at least I'm alive. I did what I had to do. Yes, maybe my flight was even less gracious than a one-winged pegasus trying to fly. Well, at least it would know how, in opposition to me who crashed into the ground immediately. I take a few minutes to recover from the fall.

OK, where to go first ? Obviously, Discord has returned, so the girls are either in Canterlot, are coming back here or are already there. I think the first place to go would be Twilight's library because that's where to go when they come back. Not in the best situation of course, but we'll see.

I'll tell you, going there is a pain in the ass. There's so much shit flying through the sky, and the conditions aren't the best. There is not much people in the streets thankfully, they must have refuged themselves in their houses, that's good, that means there won't be much ponies in danger.

- '' Help ! Somebody help ! ''

Oh great, why did I say anything. Next time I'll just... Nah, I won't jinx myself a second time. I hurry to see what was the origin of the call. It was three fillies, way too familiar for my taste. The CMC. What did they got themselves into again. I know them from the show, but think I never met them in my time here. Wait, now's not the time to think about that !

I rush for them, they were hiding in a three, where there was a timberwolve, disguised as a clown. I mentally facepalm. Or would it be facehoof ? Anyway, it was a pretty ridiculous sight to see, but I still needed some real firepower nonetheless. A sword or a dagger won't do on a timberwolf, so I take the book and write the word bazooka. That's pretty much the only thing that can win me some time.

The timberwolf notices my magic and look towards me. Fantastic, that means he won't go for the fillies. I place the weapon on my shoulder, it's really heavy and I feel like I'm being crushed by the thing, but under my adrenaline and aim at the creature and place my hoof on the trigger.

- '' You want to eat something ? Well, taste this you son of a bitch ! ''

The detonation sends me backward, I start noticing that I'm becoming more and more tired. Celestia was right, this magic does require a lot of energy. I can't be resting now, I approach the tree while the timberwolf is still destroyed. One of the fillies, which I guess is Apple Bloom looks at me.

- '' Who are yah, mister ? ''

I look around and see the timberwolf starting slowly to reform.

- '' It doesn't matter, you need to get out of that tree and get away from here as fast as possible ! ''

They don't protest and I help them getting out safely, one by one. I start to get nervous as I see the Timberwolve getting back together. I urge them to run away in a safe place. Before running Sweetie Belle asks me.

- '' Thank you so much mister, but what's your name ? ''

I was starting to get really nervous as the beast was almost complete.

- '' Grey Ink, now GO! ''

She complies and runs away with her direction. Wherever they went, I hope they chooses a safe spot. I write grenade in the book, which appears, I activate it and throw it at the monster, who was now completely recovered. He looked at it for a second before it explodes in his face destroying it in pieces. I take that opportunity to run away as well.

I sit myself next to a tree, recovering my breath, invoking the grenade was a lot less demanding than the bazooka, but the combination of the three without any real pauses in between really tired me. I guess my endurance will get better with time, but now it's absolutely terrible. I don't know how much time I lost here, maybe 10 minutes ? I remember where I was supposed to go, and I hurry towards Twilight's place.

Still hasn't gone any easier, still a lot of random things in the way, like rabbits with gigantic legs, flying pigs, walking mailboxes. I feel like I took lots of LSD. But it's just a normal day in Discord's world. I wonder what the series would be like if he actually won, certainly interesting, in a lot of different ways.

I arrive at Twilight's house just in time to see her arguing with the others, oh great, have I just arrived at the end. Yep, I saw them all scatering, Twilight turning gray. Great, that's just absolutely fantastic !

I arrive to the house where there was Spike, just spilling out letters.

- '' Hum... Sorry if I'm interrupting anything but... WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON ? ''

He coughs and tries to catch his breath, he speaks between two letters.

- '' I-I don't know... There's this god of chaos *Burp*... from what I understand he *Burp* reversed the Elements, what caused the girls to turn gray and evil. No offence ''

He burps out another letter. Who in the world is spamming Spike with letters, I feel so bad for him. I don't actually remember who it was, that must not be an important detail.

- '' Wait... let me get this straight. So you mean like Applejack would lie and shit ? ''

- '' yeah, p-pretty much. ''

- '' That's twisted, how is Twilight? ''

I just hear the door slamming opened behind me, making me jump, to see Twilight entering with a bit of a different color fun than usual. Yep, she was really grey. She looked angrily at nothing in particuliar, until she notices me.

- '' YOU ! Where were you during all of this ? ''

I back up, surprised and a bit scared. In the show, we didn't really got to see how she acted without her Element, in the exception of looking all depressed.

- '' Hum... At home, you know, surviving ? ''

- '' And you didn't think of maybe, coming help your friends when I-WE needed you ? ''

- '' Calm down, I didn't even know what was going on ! What was I supposed to do ? ''

Damn, she's way more salty than what I remembered from the show ! It's certainly something. Something I really do not wish to see again, it's just so...not her.

- '' Whatever... who needs friends anyway... ''

She goes up and starts packaging her things with Spike upstairs.I sit myself on the couch, scratching my mane. Trying to find a solution to the problem. I figure that Twilight will be herself back soon, I have to figure out on how to stop Discord.

How did they did it in the show ? Crap, I don’t remember, why don’t I remember that ? It’s something, I feel like I should know but I just can’t seem to remember it. That’s a problem. Well, I’ll figure the situation about missing memories after we get Discord back into stone. I see Twilight hurrying down the stairs and she was purple once again. What in the world happened upstairs ? I stop her for a second.

- '' Wait a minute, where are you going ? ''

She looks at me determined, in a way better mood than she was a few minutes ago that's for sure.

- '' I'm going to go save my friends and stop Discord. ''

I sigh, this is the kind of answer I should expect from Twilight by now. I hope in Celestia's name she has a real plan.

- '' I see... I'm coming with you. ''

- '' Come again ? ''

- '' I say what I said, I'm not going to let some...whatever this is put my adoptive town upside down. ''

She smiles at me, just like we go together at Sweet Apple Acres, I see Big Mac who acts like a dog, dancing Granny Smith and brooding Applejack but I can't seem to find Apple Bloom, wherever the CMC went, I hope it somewhere safe... I'm 100% sure they just went in their clubhouse, anyway I don't have really time to check up on them.

Twilight uses her magic to do... I don't know, I can't see flashbacks and shit like that. Applejack regains her color. I don't really get what Twilight is doing, but thankfully it seems to work.

Next stop was Fluttershy's cottage, that one's a bit more tricky, because for a girl that's normally shy, she puts up a hell of a fight, me and Applejack ended up pinning her down while Twilight was doing her spell.

Then, we went to Rarity's Boutique. She was all over a rock that she was calling a gem. Yeeah, as hilarious as it is, we could not really leave her like that. So Twilight just beamed her and went back to normal.

- '' Let us never speak of this again. ''

Damn, that would have a been one great story to tell at work. Anyway, Pinkie was pretty easy too. She didn't move much, like when she has that straight mane hairstyle that only appears when she's depressed.

Finally, the only one remaining was Rainbow Dash. It took a while to find her, she wasn't at home and she could basically be anywhere in the sky. When we started to lose hope, Pinkie spotted her chilling on a cloud.
Twilight tries to convice her to get down at no avail. Which is not surprising, if her Element is reversed, she's not exactly loyal anymore. Aaaaand she thinks that her little cloud that's barely big enough for her is Cloudsdale, great.

Our plan B was a balloon, yes, we're going to try to catch the fastest Pegasus in all of Equestria with a god damn balloon. Might as well try to catch a Formula One car with a zamboni. They decide to send Fluttershy to hold her down while we approach slowly, yes, I'm sure that's going to work perfectly.

Of course it doesn't. She flies away, they attach Fluttershy to the balloon to try and make us catching up with her. I shake my head this isn't going to work. I decide to bring out the book and wish for something to give us a boost, but before I could write anything, we suddenly accelerate. Fluttershy just decided to have a spontaneous boost, maybe I should be a bit more aware of what's going on. Applejack throws a second lasso at Rainbow and we bring her down to ground level. We all hold a part of the cord while she struggles to get free. I would feel bad if I didn't know she wasn't herself. Finally Twilight finally put the spell on her, the colors reappeared to see the famous rainbow colors that we all knew and loved.

We all went together, finally there it is, the final showdown with Discord, I can't say I'm not looking foward to this. It's a weird feeling to think I'm going to have to fight my favorite character from any show ever. He was here sitting in his trone, with a glass of chocolate milk. Drinking the glass and throwing the content. I can't but chuckle, but I know I have to be serious and very cautious about this. He is one dangerous individual to have as an enemy.

We appear in front of him, and by god does he look bored at seeing us. Like he was expecting us for hours.

- '' Ugh this again ? Man, you ponies sure are insistant, you know ? Oh, have you brought a new friend ? Who could you possibly be? ''

I feel his eyes on my, it's soooo weird. I feel a shiver go down my spine. It's really cool and damn terrifying at the same time. I take a risk and look at him. He smiles, that is one terrifying smile

- '' Nobody important, just a random citizen trying to help make things normal again. ''

- '' Oh but this is not what I see. My Discord Sense never lies. ''

I see him smirking, this isn't good, this is very very bad. I see the girls looking at me wondering what this is about. Does he know about me, if he do, how ?

- '' Grey, what is he talking about ? ''

I don't know that to do, what to say. I'm froze. While the girls were distracted, I see Discord preparing an attack. I can't let that happen. This isn't supposed to happen, I have to do something.
Without thinking, I take the book and invoke a shield, it all happens in a matter of seconds. I jump in front of the girls while
Discord shoot, I don't know what but it looks menacing. I stop it with my shield. I breathe to only see everyone staring at me. Discord starts laughing.

- '' Oh my ! It's been sooo long since I saw a Chaos Artefact, even longer since I saw anyone wielding one ! You ponies really are full of surprises huh ? ''

Well, here all my plans thrown away. What the hell is a Chaos Artefact ? Anyway, I hope all of this made the girls have some thing to prepare. I stare at him with a smirk.

- '' Maybe, but you know, I'm not the only good with surprises. ''

I jumped out of the way and the girls used their Elements against Discord, who, well, he was surprised, just not the good kind of surprise. I see him turning into a stone, then falling on the ground, trapped in his statue until season 3. So long old chum.

I fall on the ground, exhausted, this whole event took much more of my energy that I would have wanted. My heart beats rapidly and I don't see much. It takes me a minute or two to feel recovered enough to stand. Once again, just to see everyone staring at me, suspicious, can't really say I blame them. I have myself a ton of question about that, but I guess I won't have any answers until Discord is released and reformed. Twilight stand in front of me.

- '' So, when did you plan talking about the fact you used chaos magic ? ''

Of course they would be suspicious of that. I don't know how much I can actually answer, but I'll do my best. I know they deserves at least some answers.

- '' I would have talked to you all about the Book soon, but there never was a good occasion for it. As for the chaos magic part, I didn't even know myself, that's news to me. ''

Rainbow Dash, not that surprising, is the least trusting one, it's unfortunate but not surprising, she always has more difficulty to trust people other than her friends, even more people that could be potential threats, like me. The fact that I had hidden the Book from them doesn't help the situation either.

- '' If you were hiding it to us, how much of what you said to us was true, what is your real purpose here ? ''

Oh lord, everything is going downhill really fast. I have to calm things down. Right now, I feel sore and really tired, I'm not really in the state to give that long of an explanation.

- '' I will, but later, this whole situation exhausted my energy and neither you or me are in the good state of mind for this kind of explanation right now. So what about tonight at Twilight's place then, I promise that I'll explain the most I know. ''

They reluctantly agreed to this deal and we all went our separate ways. I see Ponyville coming back to normal and I feel proud of what I did, but really afraid of what's to come. I don't know how much of it I will actually say, I'll go rest for now and take that time to think about that.

The town was calm, almost like nothing had happened. Some ponies went back to their own regular day routine, even though most still stayed in their homes, terrified by what occured today. Once again, can't really blame them, it was a really weird day, but right now, I feel in my guts a feeling I never really had before and I hope that will stay in me for the rest of my staying. The feeling of victory and I will enjoy the hell out of that sensation while it last.

Author's Note:

Thank god I actually managed to finish this chapter. Thank you so much for those reading this. Even if I do wonder if I'm writing this in vain, but hey, I love writing this story even if I know nobody's reading it.

Thank you for your time.

Tons of love

Nicojaller