• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 206 Views, 0 Comments

The Author - nicojaller



A man fights against his own creations to defend Equestria, will he be strong enough or is the world doomed to fall into chaos and depravation ?

  • ...
 0
 206

Finding a Routine

The days that followed that party weren't particulary interesting to talk about, it was mostly me just getting used to things. Outside of meetings with the mayor where we mostly talked about the administrion needed for my project, it was a lot of money talk too. She said that they will subisdize it, but the goal in the long run would be for it to be autosufficient, mostly by advertisements. I wonder what kind of advertisements we would be able to get, but yeah, it's the ideal situation.

Most of time, I didn't went outside of the library, reading mostly about the backstory of Equestria and other things. I know some basics of the past due to the show, but it never showed that much of it, so I read some books to extend my knowledge of it. To not look stupid in a conversation mostly.

Even though the newspaper is not started yet, my first paychecks are starting to come in. Now that I have a stable income, I searched for a place for myself, I rented a room in a inn. For now it will do, I don't know how costly are here in Ponyville, but I'm pretty sure I don't exactly have the funds for it.

The days went and passed, nothing extraordinary happened, but I never lost my focus on the goal. I guessed we were between episodes where absolutely nothing happens. Just normal regular fucking days.

Finally the day of the Gala arrived, it was to know when it was, because everypony was talking about it, even the ones who weren't even going. Like me. Of course, the paper needed someone to go over there to cover the events. So we sended the only one of our small team that actually got an invitation. It was a mare nammed Green Flower. She usually was the one in charge of the botanic section, but tonight she will go and get information for the article for this week's edition.

I really begin to think I will be there a really long time, if we calculate like this, I've been there for at least 4 or 5 days, it took all this time for a canon event to occur, so if I have to go through all of season two, then a huge part of season 3 for this guy just to show it's face. I don't even know how much time it will take to fight this threat. So at the end, I think I'll be there a good couple of years. Oh god years, thinking about it really makes me realize a lot of things.

When I'll go back, or wake up, or whatever is suppose to happen at the end of this, in what state will I be ? Will I ever be the same ? Man, I already feel that this situation is changing me and I've been here for less than a week, so in a few years, I don't think there will be much left of the old me.

I'll keep the depression for another time, way later hopefully, now I have other things to do. We still don't have an actual newspaper published yet, but we're hoping to make a splash with an article on the Gala for our first publication. For my part, I don't do that much writing, I'm more of a supervisor and a team leader than anything. Making sure than everybody's got a job and that we're on time. That was the best life.

That night, I went to bed, even if the others in our group wasn't of it, I knew that Green would come back with one of an interesting story, considering how that famous Gala went. My mind was already coming up with which angles we could be interpretating that story. A fiasco ? Or the most entertaining Gala ever ? I know the first would be probably more in line with the reactions of most pony, but the second would probably be a tiny bit more controversial. I decided with the second angle, since anyway, Princess Celestia thought of it like that too in the show, if anything, it will help our sales.

The next day, I met with Twilight, even if I didn't hang out too much with the others of the Mane Six, which is a shame now that I think about it, I should probably find a way to fix that. Twilight told me pretty much everything that I expected. Afterwards, I counter-checked with Green Leaf to write an article that would be an accurate representation of what happened. I gave the others the angle I wanted them to put this text on, it took me a while, but I managed to make them agree on it.

I know, I know, I talk a lot but I need to cover these events as soon as possible. Everyday, I watch to sky in the search of signs of the arrival of Discord. I can't wait for this day, I don't know if I'll be prepared for this, but I look foward for this for multiple reasons.

One, this is one of the first episodes that made me really interested in the show, these were really great episodes. Two, Discord is awesome. I know that I'll meet him as a bad guy, but that doesn't mean he's not awesome. It would be the first time that something actually big happened. Can't wait for that.

I sit on a bench, in drinking a coffee, thinking about all of this. It was a pretty good day, I hear a familiar voice calling me.

- '' Hey mister Ink ! ''

I will look to my left to see Derpy Hoove, she was the mailmare of the town, so she was the one delivering our papers. She was a really nice pony, she had a gray fur, like mine, but hers was lighter than mine, a yellow mine, and golden eyes. Of course, you can't really talk about her without mentionning the fact that she is cross-eyed. Even though she is mocked by certain, I respect her dedication, she works with a smile, even though she tends to make mistakes. But I never could hold that against her, when she crashed or dropped her packages, she stood up and continued to work.

- '' Hey Derpy, how's it going today ? ''

- '' It's going really well, well, I did kinda crashed into a wall, and into a barn, but in general, pretty well ! ''

- '' Great, I'm proud of you, I'm glad you are delivering our papers, this is really helpfull. You know what, to show grateful I am, how about muffins ? ''

She smiles at me, oh my god, if I said ponies were cute, this is a whole another level, she is just plain ADORABLE. I'm pretty sure it's the eyes, it must be. Really, she smiled so wide I'm pretty sure it almost could rival Pinkie's. Almost.

Funny that I find myself closer to her, than the ones that I actually was trying to get closer to. Maybe because I wasn't actually trying to force it, that's maybe the better approach actually. Anyway, I will have to interact with them eventually, so I'll try to not force myself on situations I have no business with. Forcing myself on them won’t do any good, I’ll have to wait for the first major occasion I can have.

The next week followed the same scheme, waking up, working, going to the library, reading, speaking with Twilight, eating muffins with Derpy at the Sucarcube Corner, talking with Pinkie while I'm here, then going back to my place to sleep. I keep myself in form, by running most of the time. It wasn’t much, but at least it prevented me from becoming fat from all the muffins I’m consumming each day.

Yeah, it's getting kind of boring. Funny to say that being stuck in Equestria waiting for a demon to try to take over the world and to defeat him with my magical book would be boring as fuck. Like my narration. I mean, it's hard to make something fun when there's absolutely nothing happening. That's pretty much my situation here. Being here has kind lost his novelty. I never knew I would think that one day, but please, something come destroy this town, god damnit !

After another day of waiting for things to happen, I go to my bed and begins to wonder. Are things ever going to happen at all ? I mean, I base all my knowledge on the pressumptions everything will follow the events of the show. From all I know, they could very well go in disorder, we could very well see Tirek appear before Discord, if they even appear at all. Which would be extremely disappointing if they didn’t. The fact that the Gala happened may be a coincidence, because it is a regular event that would happen either way.

Being bored out of your mind really makes you think about things, like, why did Future Celestia sent me so far back in time ? I had the impression it was for me to be more prepared or to to be able to interact with the Mane Six beforehand, but neither of these two really happened, in the main characters, Twilight’s pretty much the only one I see on a regular basis and I don’t even know how to prepare for a Demon Invasion. Am I supposed to camp and kill squirels to gain XP ?

If things are gonna be like that, I don’t know how to handle this. Is this all I would do with my life, work in a small town newspaper for years ? Don’t get me wrong, I love the job, but it isn’t my intention to spend all my life doing that. If I had to do that all my life, I would rather do it in my own universe, no offence to the ponies, but it's a temporary thing.

On these depressing thoughts, I go to sleep. Hoping for something to actually happen within the next month.

The next morning, I open my eyes, at first, nothing seemed out of order, but then I quickly realized that something was…off. I can’t really put my finger on it. Oh yeah… Why am I upside down ? I’m not joking, my bed is on the ceiling. Cartoon logic, gravity only works when you’re aware it’s a thing, so I fall on the floor faces first. It takes me a few second to recompose myself and take awareness of the situation.

Oh…OH ! I try to find a stable spot to stand, since pretty every object in my room are either on the ceiling or just put anywhere. I try to reach for a window to see what’s going on. If it is what I think it is, it may really well be my lucky day.

Getting to that damned window is way more complex than what you would expect. There’s so much trash in my room, that wasn’t even there when I went to sleep. I must do two things, get an idea of the situation, then get the hell out of there because it’s making me sick right now. I manage to get there, and I watch the outside. Not looking too great right now, purple sky, chocolate rain, flying pigs, the road is just a giant ice rink. Yes, all of this can only be the work of one awesome dracoenquus, Discord, the master of chaos.

I make a gigantic sigh of relief, it seems the events do seems to follow the canon of the show, I suppose I worried for nothing. I know I should probably be scared, or panicking and starting to come up with a plan, but right now, the only emotion have is sweet, sweet relief.

-'' Oh, THANK Celestia ! Something’s finally happening. ''

The book appears in my hand, I almost forgot I had that. A smile appears on my face.

-'' Let’s go baby, let’s see what you can do ! ''

Author's Note:

Yeeesss ! The MVP is finally here ! If you haven't noticed, I love Discord. So, the chain of events has finally started, Grey Ink has finally finished his set up. In the next chapter, we will see him actually doing something with the book for the first time !

Once again, thanks for those reading this story, even if you are pretty few at this point, but it's still nice to see that at least some people are reading it.

Tons of love.

Nicojaller