• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 206 Views, 0 Comments

The Author - nicojaller



A man fights against his own creations to defend Equestria, will he be strong enough or is the world doomed to fall into chaos and depravation ?

  • ...
 0
 206

Figuring Things Out

Loading...Loading...Download complete.
Nicojaller.exe is working.

I open my eyes to only see green, it takes me a few second to realize I am actually staring at grass. If I had been outside when all of this started, I may have think this was normal, but I was in my kitchen. So, no, it's not normal to see grass.
I try to get up by pushing on my two arms, only to fall on my face immediately, what in the world ? After a lot of time, I manage to get up, only to feel horrible pain in my knees who forces me back down flat. What is happening ?

I try one more time, oh lord, the pain. Why is it getting up so difficult ? It's not Monday from what I know. It's seems like every muscle in my body hurts. Most of them I wasn't even aware of them. Wait, there is something strange, there's some muscles that I can't even feel, some feels... misplaced somehow. I turn myself on the back and I just NOW become aware of my body. I see a soft grey fur covering my body, instead of, you know, skin.

Since when do I have fur ? Since when do I have hooves ? Oh god... OH GOD. Yeah, I know that I'm pretty fucking late to react, but give me a minute ok ? Where are my arms, my legs, everything ?

I take a breather and take a sitting a position, well at least the best I could, to take a look at myself. Yeah, I have a light grey fur, if I had to put any compare, I would say it's closer to the one of Derpy or Ditzy or however you want to call her. For the mane, I can't really take a good look at myself for now so I can't really say. When I will figure out how to move, I will try to find water or something for a reflection.

Obviously, it looks like I have been turned into a pony, if the fur wasn't a good enough indication, the lack of hands and feet certainly was, in their place were hooves. Now I have to figure out how they work. Yeah, I know, that's not the most interesting thing when you appear in a new world, but it's a necessary one. Especially if I want to accomplish anything.

After figuring out how to stand on four hooves, trust me, it took a long time and led to a lot of falling on the ground, so I'll spare you that at least. Walking is a bother too, so I just take it step by step. It's like having four legs, it takes some time. I walk into I can only imagine is the Everfree Forest. Not that bad. I mean it feels and looks like any forest back on Earth.

Ok, now I figured out how to walk, that's a good thing and I know for sure that I'm in the Everfree Forest, but two main questions remains. Where am I compared to everything ? If I want to find my way out, I have to find where I stand compared to the rest of Equestria, my best shot is at trying to find Zecora's hut. My second question is, when did she sent me back to ? I think she must have sent me somewhere before the arrival of Vlad'Mor. Figuring out where I am in the timeline will be a pain in the ass.

Finding my way is as difficult as beating the entire Dark Souls trilogy blindfolded, everything looks the same. Though to find a path, I'm sure there must be one somewhere, but I must have appeared far from it. It's been a few hours since I woke up, from what I can see, it must be close to noon, so I have at least this afternoon to find a path and to find a way, to civilization at least.

You know what ? I'm kinda surprise, at this point, in the fanfictions I read and wrote, the main character would already had encountered Timberwolves, or something. Anything to bring a bit of action to the story. I'm thankful for that, I have enough on my mind right now, I don't need beast attacking me while I still barely know how to walk.
Wait... OH GOD, I knew I forgot something ! The damn book ! I don't remember taking it with me ! I can't go back , I don't even know where I went. Oh lord, Celestia's going to kill me. That's why you don't make me the savior of a world ! Oh maaann... I'm so screwed, they're all screwed !

Wait, why is it in my hooves? No kidding, the book is just there. It just appeared. Ok, I know that I told earlier this look like it works with the Neverending Story Rules, but now, it looks like more like The Fountain Rules, which means, there's no rules.
Well, maybe not THAT far, but I still don't know how it got into my han-I mean hooves. Ok, that's convenient, it must have appeared when I thought about it, it's useful, because I don't have any pockets to keep that in. Well, it is a magic book, so no wonder it can do that. I almost want to write it to find a path for me, but from what Celestia's told me, it works like the notebook in the Scribblenauts, wait, it's almost exactly like that ! Maybe I can do like in the game and write for a Cthulu.

Yeah, there are a number of reasons why that is a bad idea, but I don't totally exclude it, it may come in handy later.
After, I don't know, one hour and a half later, I finally come across a path. I don't know where it leads, but it's good to see something that isn't darkness. To be fair, there was quite a good variety of animals on my way, I wouldn't be surprised if Fluttershy visited the Forest from time to time, if she doesn't, I will probably recommend it to her, she would love what I saw. Animals, big and small, winged or not, it was really fascinating, but right now, I gotta keep my attention on my goal.

A light, I finally see light. After another thirty five minutes or so of walking, I finally find an exit to this forest, thank god. I still don't really know where I am though, orientation never was my strong suit.

As I came out of the forest, I see some fields filled with apple trees. Oh, everything is coming to me, yeah, I know very well where I am, now the only questions that remains is when. I won't stop here for the moment, now's not the moment to go chat with our favorite farmer. I have somwhere to be. The most difficult task will be anything that is pink and bouncing. She can be anywhere, like litteraly anywhere.

Wait I forgot, before I enter Ponyville, I need of a cover, my name or even my nickname won't cut it. I must think of a pony name. I never was the best at imaginating name, now that I think about it, now I must name myself! I must also stick with it, I can't really change it after that.

Okay, I think my name will be Grey, like my fur, yeah I know, pure genious, but that's only the first part, I need a second word to go with it. Ink, that's it. Grey Ink, sounds fine to me, let's go with that.

There is one thing that can give me at least an indection of when I arrived, Twilight's tree. If it is unhabited, it would mean that I arrived, if she is in here, well it would still pretty vague, but I'd know where to look. I don't know if there is a real physical way to figure that out, I think I will have to see how the events occur to make links and remember at what point of the story I am.
Well anyway, I try to make my way, looking around me with suspicion until I hit something, more like somebody, who is very very pink and soft, oh, for god sake ! I look up to her, she looks at me with curiosity, until a grin appears on her face.

" Hey, I'm Pinkie ! I have never seen you around Ponyville ! Are you new ? What's your name "
At each exclamation, she approached more and more of my face. This was absolutely terrifying, terrifyingly adorable too.

They look so cute when you really see them, not through a screen. Although this could still be a dream, but at this point, this seems less and less possible, considering it's been a very long time. It seems way too real, but now it's not really important, I'm going to take a final decision later. Right now, I have to survive.

"Um...yeah, I guess, my name's Grey Ink, I just arrived and..."

I didn't even had the time to finish that sentence and she was already gone, leaving only a cloud of dust, I only know too well what is going to happen, so it doesn't leave me that much time to find out what I wanna know.

The town was pretty active, they were ponies talking, laughing and all those kind of things. I can't find anything, it doesn't help. It doesn't seem different from any other time, I think I can only figure things out with Twilight, she is the main character after all, so she is the center all of this. I don't know if she is aware of the danger they will face. I don't know what Celestia actually did, was I the only person she actually warned ? Am I the only one who is aware of the danger that lurks on Equestria ? If so, I need to be even more aware to not cause panic, I have to be careful about that. Panic will only make defeat easier and this is not what I am looking for. This is what I am here to prevent after all.

After a strod through town, I finally arrive at the tree, I take a good look at it. Just the fact that it's still there helps me a lot, because I know this is before Tirek's invasion and since this is the classic house tree, I'll guess this is before Twilight becomes an Alicorn, oops, spoiler alert. Well, anyway, who's going to hear what I'm thinking anyway ?

I knock on the door, what is the worse that can happen anyway ? Well, in this encounter at least, my only goal is to present myself and try to push slightly to see where we are compared to the show. Wait, how do I know if this follows the show's canon ? Damn it, I can't really go back now, I'll just assume it does. I'll assume that what happens to the show happens there.

The door happens to reveal a reptile-thing, purple with green hair, yeah, that's Spike, no need to be an expert at Guess-Who to guess that one. He looks at me suspiciously.

" Do I know you ? Why are you here ? "

I cough in my hoof, and I present myself to the dragon.

" Hey little buddy, my name's Grey Ink, sorry to bother you all, I am sure you all are very busy, but I wondered if I could meet miss Twilight Sparkle. "

What business do you have to do with Twilight ? She never said she was supposed to meet someome today *

" Yeah, I know, I'm not a scheduled visit, but you see, I'm new in town, and I wanted to greet her. "

" Oh, if it's just that, I'm sure Twilight won't have any trouble giving you five minutes of her time... I hope so at least. "

I nod at him, smiling a bit.

" Thank you very much "

" You're welcome. I'll go up and bring her "

I enter the house to find it very similar as what has been seen in the show. It makes me a bit nostalgic, to see the good old classic house, knowing what will happen to it later, it's good to see it for my own eyes. So many memories and events occured just in this house, it really makes you think doesn't it ? It makes me remember when I first discovered the show and watched these episodes for the first time. Good times.

I hear people, oh, I mean ponies. Lord, I will have to get used to saying that, coming down the stairs. I turn myself to see her. I don't know why, but seeing her for real, froze me in place, shocked. Pinkie didn't had that kind of effect on me, I guess seeing Twilight just makes it way more real than it was before. Just like the reality of all of this just hits me now, like a truck. I take a huge breather, okay, I can do this. I just have to be sure.

She looks at me for an instant before smiling, oh god, so adorable, must not cuddle. Her purple and pink mane is especially interesting to see in real life, she really is a sight to behold. Oh god, I'm staring. I turn my head for a second, embarrassed.

" Oh, hello, who might you be ? "

" Hello to you to miss, sorry to bother you, my name is Grey Ink, I am new in town, I wondered if you would be generous to give me a few minutes of your time ? "

" Of course, let's just go upstairs, I'll ask Spike to make some tea, follow me. "

Just like that, that is I knew that my work had begun.

Author's Note:

Thank you a lot for not only reading this story, but consider it interesting enough to read the second chapter ! It's really important to me and I appreciate it.

Sorry, if this was more of a description heavy chapter, but I think it had to be done. The third chapter will have more character interactions.

Lots of love, until next time !
Nicojaller