• Published 5th Jan 2018
  • 1,021 Views, 26 Comments

The Return of Harmony (EQG Style) - Bookpony579



Will the girls be able to defeat Discord before it's too late?

  • ...
1
 26
 1,021

Chapter 9

Between the six of them....they totally did NOT have things under control.

"Now Rarity, just put down the rock and we can calmly..."

"Hands off my diamond you scoundrel!" Rarity yelled at Lyra and Bon Bon before launching a diamond-shield at them, which Lyra blocked with her own magical force field.

"Grrr...I hate libraries!" Pinkie growled while throwing books at Fluttershy.

"Well I LOVE them! How do you feel about that!?" Fluttershy taunted before dodging another incoming book. Sandalwood and Micro tried to stop them.

"Ok dudettes, we all just need to chill out for a second. Take a moment to channel our inner auras..." He was interrupted when Micro knocked him out of the way of an incoming sprinkle blast meant for them.

"Woah...thanks dude." Sandalwood said calmly, as though the fact that he could've been seriously hurt didn't affect him.

Micro, pale and panting, replied, "My pleasure", before collapsing from exhaustion.

Sunset watched all this in worry.

"Ah don't see what ya'll are so concerned about. Everybody looks fine to me." AJ said casually, narrowly avoiding an incoming diamond.

Sunset rolled her eyes. "Right....just fine." Her voice dripped with sarcasm as she began loosing patience with AJ's lies.

Meanwhile Twilight and Flash scoured the library, hoping for any sign of the missing Element.

As Twilight rounded the corner, she was nearly hit with a book. "I though you said you could handle them!?" She asked Sunset in annoyance.

Sunset was now on Pinkie's back, trying desperately to restrain her. "We're trying!" She cried before being thrown off like a bull rider.

Flash then appeared from the other side of the library. "Did you find it?"

Twilight shook her head. "Ok, maybe if we check the reference guide-"

"Hey Twilight, what's soaking wet and clueless?"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "I don't have time for-" but she was interrupted when she was splashed with cold water.

"Your face!" Fluttershy taunted, holding a bucket. She then proceeded to slam it down over Twilight's head.

Flash went over to Twilight and lifted off the bucket. "We're going to get through this."

Twilight groaned. "I know. We've got to find the reference guide to the Elements of Harmony before somebody does something she'll regret!" She hissed, glaring at her 'friends'.

"Don't worry. I passed it on my way over. Let's go." Flash led Twilight down a few shelves to where the book sat on a pedestal protected by glass.

Twilight grinned and pulled out the key she and the others had been given for cases like these and opened the case and picked up the book.

"Now maybe we can-"

Suddenly the book was snatched away by Fluttershy.

"Keep Away!" She sang before running off.

"After her!" Twilight commanded as she and Flash followed Fluttershy back to the main are of the library where the others were. "Get that book!"

Fluttershy than tossed it to Applejack, who kept it out of reach from Sunset and Micro.

"What are ya'll talkin' about? I don't have any book!" She then tossed it over to Pinkie, who ran to keep it from Bon Bon and Lyra. She then tossed it to Fluttershy but Flash managed to catch her off guard and knocked her away, making her drop the book.

Just before Twilight could pick it up, Rarity snatched it up in her magic and ran off with it. "Mine!"

"Why do you even want it anyway!?" Twilight asked as she gave chase.

"Well if you want it, then it must be valuable!"

At this point Twilight had had enough.

"GIVE ME THAT BOOK!" She chased Rarity even faster around the library. Rarity tried knowking down books, chairs and even tables but nothing could stop Twilight.

Unfortunately Twilight soon lost sight of her. "Where's Rarity!?"

"Beats me" Applejack shrugged.

"LIES!" Twilight jumped at her and soon everyone was consumed in a big ball of violence. Sounds of punches, cries and even a cat could be heard as the teens blindly attacked one another.

"Ow! Lyra that's MY arm!"

"Sorry Bon Bon."

"Hey! She bit me!" Micro cried.

"Why you little-" Rarity growled.

Finally Twilight managed to escape, book in hand.

As the corrupted girls approached Twilight, the non-corrupted teens formed a semi-circle to protect her. Lyra and Micro had their magic at the ready, Bon Bon was flashing various fighting poses and even Sunset was holding them off with a chair, like a lion tamer.

"Back! Back I say!" Flash commanded, swinging a broom handle he had found nearby. He then frowned at it. "I need to get a real sword."

Twilight clutched the book to her chest. "This is my book. And I'm going to read it!"

Twilight opened the book and gasped.

There, sitting in the hollowed out pages, was the Element of Magic in all it's majesty.

Twilight was smiling from ear to ear. "See girls? We did it! We found the Elements of Harmony! Together!" She held it up for all of them to see.

All she got were some grumbles from those who bothered to actually listen to her. Twilight felt heartbroken.

"Twilight?" Flash asked gently, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I can't believe it...." she said sadly. "...my friends......have turned into complete jerks!" She became furious again before counting them off.

"Necklace!" She pointed at Pinkie, who wore her element.

"Necklace! Necklace! Necklace! And big crown thingy!" She said as she put her element on her head. "Now let's go everybody."

"Uh, Twilight...Aren't we missing somebody?" Sunset asked.

Twilight shook her head. "Nope. We've got the liar, the grump, the hoarder, and the brute!" She said, pointing to each girl in turn.

"But what about Rainbow Dash!" Bon Bon pointed out.

"You mean the turncoat? There's no time to chase after her." Twilight pulled out Loyalty and put it on Sunset. "There, you're the new Rainbow Dash. Now let's go!"

Sunset, have VERY strong reservations about this, tried to protest. "But-" But before she could say anything, Twilight rushed out of the library with the corrupted Elements following suit.

The rest lagged behind for a minute, looking at each other. They were all concerned for their friends but were not sure how to handle it. Hopefully, defeating Discord would resolve everything.

Hopefully.


The group gathered back just outside the school.

"DISCORD!" Twilight shouted.

Discord appeared, donning his usual playful smirk. "Well, well, well, I see you've found the Elements of Harmony. How terrifying!" He said in mock horror.

Twilight stepped forward. "Alright Discord, we've played your game. Now you're in for it!"

Discord didn't seem fazed. "I certainly am. You've clearly out-dueled me, and now it's time to meet my fate." He put on a pair of sunglasses and summoned a target on him. "I'm prepared to be defeated now, ladies. Fire when ready."

Twilight gave the command. "Formation! Now!"

The rest of the girls gathered around, not really caring about what was going on.

Twilight looked over towards Sunset. " 'Rainbow Dash', get over here."

Sunset reluctantly moved to the group, doubt clinging to her heart.

"Alright, let's just get this over with." Twilight said with resignation.

Twilight connected with her Element, activating it along with the others (except Sunset). The Elements glowed and lifted them up in the air and for a moment the others looked hopeful that it was going to work. Even Discord lifted his sunglasses in surprise.

Then all of a sudden....it stopped. The elements stopped glowing the girls were dropped back on the ground.

"Wha-What happened?" Twilight asked in disbelief.

"I don't get it. Mine's workin' fine. Somethin' must be wrong with yours." AJ said, pointing and accusatory finger at Twilight.

"I hate these hunks of junk!" Pinkie complained.

Fluttershy promptly tossed hers away. "Garbage."

Rarity greedily snatched it up. "It's MINE!"

Sunset gave her friend an apologetic look. "I'm so sorry Twilight. I tried but-" She was then shoved by Fluttershy.

"Oops. Sorry Rainbow Crash!" Fluttershy laughed cruelly.

The sound of Discord's laughter filled the air. "Bravo everyone! Bravo!" He clapped with amusement, as though this had all been one big show to him. "Harmony in Equestria is officially dead. Discord rules, Harmony drools." He mocked, booping Twilight's nose. "Now if you'll excuse me..." He slid and slided away on the now soap roads.

"UHG! It's your fault the elements didn't work!" Pinkie shouted into the air.

"Who are you talking to?" Twilight asked in annoyance.

"Any of you! ALL OF YOU! I'm outta here!" With that, she stomped away.

AJ followed suit, " Ah better go, too. I've got new better friends waiting for me at the farm."

"Yeah! I'm sick of you losers." Fluttershy strutted away.

Twilight just stood there quietly for a moment before letting it all loose. "FINE! Leave! See if I care! Who needs you guys anyway!?"

The remaining teens were shocked by Twilight's outburst.

"Twilight....?" Sunset approached slowly. "I know...this seems hard....w-we gotta..."

"NO!" Twilight stepped back and glared at her. "I'm tired of dealing with these messes with friends who don't even care about me!"

"Twilight of course they care about you-" Flash tried to intervene.

"No! I'm DONE with all of this! I'm DONE saving people who don't appreciate it anyway!" Twilight looked down as tears gathered in her eyes. "...who needs them anyway?" She asked softly just before her body was slowly drained of color, turning her grey like the girls. The remaining group gasped softly at this.

"T-Twilight..." Sunset stuttered.

"I'm leaving. Goodbye everyone. If any of you want to keep trying to 'save the world', be my guest. But I'm through with this stuff." She announced sadly as she made her way home.

As Twilight walked away, the others gave each other looks of worry and despair.

"Now what?" Lyra desperately asked Sunset, who could only look after Twilight with sadness.

"I don't know."

Author's Note:

Guess who's on Spring Break and has more time to write?