• Published 28th Oct 2017
  • 730 Views, 8 Comments

Discord's Haunted Castle - Thestralicorn



Discord turns Twilight's castle into a haunted house for Nightmare Night!

  • ...
0
 8
 730

Chapter 1: Discord's Idea

Knock Knock

"Spike, are you done with your costume yet?"

"Almost, Twilight!"

The door opened and Spike came out. "Ta-da! This year I'm a three headed dragon!"

He spread his arms triumphantly. He was wearing a purple dragon costume, with one head as a hood, and the other two heads as gloves over his hands.

Twilight smiled. "What'll it be next year? Six heads?"

"Not a bad idea...now what are YOU supposed to be?"

Twilight was as white as snow, and her mane was longer, flowing as if blown by an unseen wind; somewhat like the Canterlot princesses, only Twilight's was flowing behind her instead of in front.

"I decided to be a Windigo. Starlight and I had a hard time finding the spells to pull off the right effect...what do you think?"

"Not bad..." Spike admitted. "What's Starlight going as?"

"A manticore!" Starlight walked up to them and spun around. Her coat had been dyed brown, she was wearing a lion's mane around her neck, bat-like wings on her back and her pony tail had been tucked into a makeshift scorpion stinger.

"Awesome! I can't wait 'til the others see us!"

The three of them went to the foyer.

"The others should be here any minute," Twilight observed. "we'll hit Trixie's show first, which should last an hour, then Sugar Cube Corner where we'll stay for about an hour, then an hour at the corn maze, then Spike and I will make the rounds for candy."

"And what if something lasts an hour and half," Starlight asked slyly.

"That's when the world explodes," Spike said dryly.

"Ha ha ha," Twilight responded. "If it's worth doing, it's worth scheduling." Spike and Starlight rolled their eyes. Then they heard a knock at the door. Twilight opened it, but nopony was there.

"You better not stay out too late...I wouldn't want you being too tired for what I have planned." The voice came from behind her. She turned around to meet its source.

"Oh, hello Discord, dare I ask what you're up to tonight?"

Discord grinned. "I was thinking, your castle is so roomy, so much wasted space, I thought it would fun to fill it up with some Nightmare Night frights! So how about this, after you finish your meticulously planned evening, bring everypony back here. I'll have some surprises waiting for you all!"

"Hmm..." Twilight furrowed her brow. "I don't know..."

"Come on Twilight," Spike piped up, "Sounds like it could fun!"

"Or dangerous," Twilight pointed out.

"Nah, Discord'll keep things safe, right?"

"If you insist," Discord replied with a dramatic sigh.

"Oooh.." Twilight pawed the ground, "what do you think Starlight?

"I guess it could be interesting," she admitted. "I say let Discord do his thing."

Discord put on a pair of glasses, then produced a box which he pulled three sheets from.

"The votes are in, two for yes, one for undecided, I think the results are clear!" Twilight rolled her eyes.

"All right...just be careful you don't hurt anypony, and put everything back the way it was!"

"You have my word." Discord bowed.

Twilight sighed. "I guess it'll have to do...come on gang." Twilight opened the front door and the three of them stepped out into the night.