• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,320 Views, 1 Comments

My Little Descent into Madness(Rp Game) - DVNO

  • ...
 1
 1,320

Tarus

Time moved at a crawl as Jaxler stood watch over the wagon. Minutes feeling like hours as the heat of the never-ending day beamed down. The area had started to smell from all the dead, and that’s all that seemed to be out in this sea of nothing. “Buck this place stinks...” He walked into the wagon in hopes that the walls would keep out the smell of dead, and block out the heat of the sun.

Only a short while later, Jaxler could make out the sounds of somepony outside. Though it was only one pony... Either Surefire or Mud got hurt, or it was another survivor. He loaded his crossbow, but didn’t move outside. “WHO’S THERE!”

He could hear a shuffle from outside, the pony probably edgy by now and was easily startled.”Corporal...”The haggard voice said.”Corporal Tarus Dawning!” Jaxler could tell the pony was exhausted from the sound of his voice and how heavy he was panting.”I mean no harm!”

Jaxler rolled his eyes and walked out of the safety of the wagon “So you are... First off, how do I know you're not going to kill me.?”

The pony stood for a moment. His dark dress uniform tattered, and his mane a mess. One of his sleeves seeming torn off and turned into a bandage for a wound on his left Foreleg. The young pony thought for a moment before speaking.”Because I wouldn’t kill you, even if I hated you.”He replies.”I’m tired of fighting my own kind. We’ve been fighting for two-hundred and fifty years and it’s only led to this.”Tarus points off to the bodies littering the area.”I’m not going to kill you, or anypony else without reason.”

Jaxler nodded, he really didn’t trust the guy, but the party needed more ponies. “Okay then... I have one more demand.”

The stallion stops panting, having finally caught his breath to a reasonable degree.”What is it you ask of me?”

“Your army is dead, so your former rank is irrelevant.” Stated Jaxler coldly and he unloaded his crossbow.

Tarus averted his eyes a little.”My name and my rank are all I have left... So it’ll take some time for me to let go of it. But I will do that if it means you let me live and allow me to aid you.”He replies.”Have you seen any other survivors? Or... Are we all that remains?”

“I have two other companions who are in search of survivors... Also if you plan on keeping your rank, then I think I’ll make myself the self appointed grand general of your army, seeing how the old one is probably dead.”

Tarus seemed less then pleased, if not insulted by this. But if Jaxler was speaking the truth, then there were only two other ponies aside from them that were alive. Rather than say or do anything rash, he simply nodded.”Understood, sir...”

Jaxler nodded, before removing his helmet. “Good then. So, do you have any practical skills and how badly is your leg mangled?”

Tarus looks down at his leg then back to Jaxler.”It’s only a flesh wound. And as for your first question: I’m a bit of a swordspony. I can hold my own with an adequate piece of steel. I can also build if I have the materials. Beds, lodgings, small fortifications. The basics.”

“Okay then... good.” He then got up and walked back outside.. “That leg better heal soon, else I’d put you on lookout duty.”

Tarus gives a nod.”Don’t worry. This wound won’t be of any hindrance to me. Any idea how long it will be before the others return from their search?”

“A few hours if at all.” Jaxler says coldly.

Tarus frowns a little but nods.”I’ll stay here with you then. We can take shifts watching the wagon so we don’t stay exposed to the sun for too long.”

Jaxler sighed heavily. “Take orders and rest. I don’t want a wounded pony out in the field.”

“Yes sir. Let me know when you need anything of me.”Tarus says before he hops into the wagon.”I’ll rest a little now, and later I can take up post so you can rest.”

“I’d prefer you scavenge the area around the cart before you take guard. Hopefully then you will have a weapon you can use.”

“Don’t worry. There is still a sword on my side. And I will see what I can find after I’ve rested. If for nothing else I’ll find us food, water, maybe some bolts for your crossbow.”Tarus says as he takes a seat.

“Okay good...” Jaxler then sighed and leaned on the wagon. “So, you have a family?”

Tarus thinks a little before answering.”Yes. My parents live in a small town, and there’s my sister. But I haven’t seen any of them since I was sent out to fight, and that was three years ago.”The stallion replies with a bit of a frown.

“Good, then you are lucky have somepony to fight for, other than yourself.” Jaxler’s tone seemed somber, but one couldn’t tell exactly how he felt, for he had his back turned to the wagon, and he had his helmet on.

Tarus nods with a small smile.“I always fought for them, and for Princess Celestia. Such has helped me fight through even the worst, like this battle.”

“Well, again you're lucky, but don’t see why you like Celestia. The numb broad tried to play god and ended up sending us all to this hell.”

Tarus lets out a sigh.”She did what she felt was right. I’ve read of her in many books. All speaking different things of her. But they all started the same... About how she provided for us, how she protected us. She worked so hard to keep this world at peace, and in the end we were ungrateful... I don’t know which rumors are true, and which are false.”Tarus looks up at the sky.”But I still believe we need her. Even if it’s just the thought brought forth from stories and old tales...”

“Well she’s dead, and she has forsaken us. Things were better when she cared for us, but seeing how I could die at any moment and we’re looking through the corpses of our allies, I’d say that things are worse off than they were before that back stabbing mother bucker showed up.” He glared up to the sky, and even though Tarus couldn’t see it, he gave a look of disgust.

Tarus huffed, but didn’t make any reply. He knew Jaxler had good reason to be mad, and fighting over something like this is what caused all this to happen in the first place. He simply laid back in the wagon and closed his eyes. If anything, he could get a little rest, and hope things were different when he awoke...