• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 1,582 Views, 60 Comments

The Rescue - Diamond Sparkle



Princess Celestia is set free from a Changeling cocoon, and soon wishes she had not been.

  • ...
8
 60
 1,582

New Friends

Celestia hesitated. "No, and I'll tell you why I'm saying no. Because you treated me and my family horribly. Because you maltreat and grossly overwork those who buck your apples for you. And because you were so nasty to me just because I ate only one of your precious apples. And because if I do that for you you'll most likely sack and evict all of your workers, making them even poorer then they are before. Don't get me wrong, I respect you for building your farm up into a big business, and I know that you most likely started small like I did. But I can't bring myself to be your friend when you were so horrible to me in the past. I'll give half the bits I earned today to my parents so they can pay rent and eat for a while and even have a few days of holiday, they deserve it. Oh, and if when I'm away you give my family a hard time, I'll come back and crush all your apples whilst they are still on the trees. If I can pick them I can certainly crush them too." Having made herself clear Celestia helped her family move their few possessions back into their house. "That was kind of you," Iron Hoof told her. "Many ponies would have taken Applejack's money."

Celestia snorted. "That would only have made things a lot worse for you and everypony who toils for Applejack.You deserve better then that. Now you can get good food and proper bedding and later I'll drop by and help you some more. Luna?" Her sister came up and Celestia told her "As I was taught the basics of magic by Trixie Lulamoon, so I will do the same for you, and I want you to quietly teach it to all your fellow earth pony friends." By the next day, Luna could pick up a bit just like Celestia, and it would only be a matter of time before she could use her magic to pick up heavier things.

The next evening as Trixie, with Celestia helping her behind the scenes, was at yet another large magic show in Ponyville, Applejack was fuming with revenge at her offer being turned down, and went to the Ponyville police station to make a complaint. A unicorn police pony with a handcuffs cutie mark was at the desk. "I'd like to make a complaint against an earth pony by the name of Celestia, for threatening to use magic to crush all the apples on the Apple Family farm. She's white in color with a blue book for a cutie mark. I'd like her arrested for it." The police pony nodded. "I will tell Inspector Spy Glass and we will see what we can do." When a pony as rich as Applejack, one of the richest ponies in Ponyville, made a request to law enforcement they would do their best to help her, at least partly in the hope of a heavy (and illegal) payment for it afterward. Although the Ponyville police force was not highly corrupt, money was a factor.

As Celestia walked back to her family's house after the show, with Trixie by her side, a couple of police unicorns trotted up to them, handcuffs and batons floating in the air beside them. "Celestia, you are under arrest on a charge of making threats to destroy Applejack's personal property. We are here to take you to the station."

Perhaps if Celestia might have thought about things a little bit she might have done things differently, but she let her anger get the better of her and spoke a spell of firework summoning. With loud bangs and crackles that slightly singed them the police stallions dropped their equipment and galloped away. Trixie stared at her. "Why did you do that? Now the police will think that the Great and Powerful Trixie is also to blame for this and want to arrest me as well, and I can do without a costly legal case."

"Trixie, I'm sorry for getting you dragged into this. But we need to teach as many earth ponies as possible the secrets of magic. Have you noticed how almost all the best jobs...in the police force, the legal firms, scribing and many more, are nearly all filled by unicorns as they can pick things up without having to use their mouths or bracers? Oh yes, the occasional earth pony like Applejack or Filthy Rich can become rich too, but for the most part the earth ponies are stuck in the menial, boring, low paid jobs. Growing food, bucking apples, and the like. How many unicorns do you see at our level? If the earth ponies were able to get magic they would not have to be stuck at the bottom, like ninety-nine percent of them are. We are the ninety-nine percent, and with magic we can have change we can beleave in!"

Trixie was rather worried and said, "The sort of things you are saying could get you sent to Foalsom Prison or even turned to stone to decorate the Canterlot Palace Gardens if the Princess thinks that you are spreading Discordian ideas and filling Equestria with chaos. What you are saying sounds very close to treason to me."

"I'm not against the Princess, it's her ministers in general and the regime that we have to change, and for that we need the support of the herd. If one pony demonstrates he or she would just get arrested and blacklisted and end up unemployable, but if ponies demonstrate in their thousands, or their tens of thousands, what can they do but talk with us?"

"We have to get out of here NOW before the entire Ponyville Police Force shows up and drags us away in chains," Trixie pointed out, and they left the area quickly before that happened, Celestia with a burning desire to change Equestria for the better, and Trixie wondering what the hell she had got herself into.