• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 1,582 Views, 60 Comments

The Rescue - Diamond Sparkle



Princess Celestia is set free from a Changeling cocoon, and soon wishes she had not been.

  • ...
8
 60
 1,582

The Great and Powerful Trixie

By sunrise she was far from her parent's house. I wonder if they will be horribly worried about me when they find out I'm missing and will ask the Ponyville police to find me, or if they'll think I'm an ungrateful brat and will be happy to have one mouth left to feed? Most likely the former, they do love me...I think.But I can't stay with them and spend my life bucking apples until my hooves are sore, when I can be, or rather, think I am, an alicorn. Even if in real life I'm just lying there in a changeling pod. Her hooves began to feel sore soon enough; they had not fully healed from all the bucking of Applejack's trees. Unable to afford the train fare, and unwilling to try and steal anypony's bits, she had no choice but to walk. Once she managed to steal an apple from a stall when the stall-keeper was busy serving somebody. Once she stole an apple pie from a window where it had been left to cool. And once she found a bit lying on the ground and was able to buy an apple slice.Apart from that, she did not eat.in several days,and her belly was soon rumbling with hunger. Water was not such a problem; with the farms in the region, the weather pegasui provided plenty of rain to the area so she could refill her water bottle quickly enough to escape death by thirst.

Her belly constantly screamed to be filled and after a while, her hooves felt almost as if they were on fire despite the soft grass that she could often walk upon. She consoled herself with the thought that she was nearly at the borders of the land of the Changelings. Soon I will be once more hanging inside a pod as Princess Celestia, a Goddess once more, loved and cherished by all my little ponies. And even if I don't become an alicorn again, at least things will be better for me then they are now. As she reached the border that separated Equestria from the Changeling Queendom, she started to cry because a thick pink magical force-field now stood between her and where she wanted to go. She ran up to it and beat on it over and over again with her hooves without even putting a dent in it. "I was so close, so close!" she wailed. "But I'm not going back there, I'm never going back there. I deserve more then a life spent bucking apples, I want to be somepony!" Just then a trailer appeared, clearly powered by magic as it moved along of it's own accord. The driver, a blue unicorn wearing a coat and hat that were covered with stars and moons stopped and stared down at the unhappy white earth pony in front of her.

"I am the Great and Powerful Trixie," she said loudly, "and who are you? Why are you so unhappy? And why are you trying to break through into a restricted and highly dangerous area for? You're not a changeling spy that got cut off from it's country, are you?"

Celestia sighed. "My name is Celestia and no, I'm not a changeling although I can see why it would look like that. I was...it's hard to explain. I was captured by the changelings two months ago and hung up in a cocoon so my love could be drained to feed their grubs. But whilst I was in the cocoon I was dreaming, a dream that seemed so real. For two thousand years in my dream I was an alicorn, the ruler of all of Equestria, and of the sun and the moon as well.And then I was...rescued by the Equestrian Royal Guards and returned home. Where I found that my life was one of grinding poverty and hard toil. Not wanting to spend the rest of my life slaving away for Applejack, I ran away here hoping to hand myself back to the Changelings so that I could go back to my dream. Please could you open a hole in this forcefield so that I could find the nearest Changeling hive? You certainly appear to be one powerful pony."

"If I was to do that, and the Royal Guards were to find out, I could be hauled up on a charge of High Treason, and at worst could be banished to the Moon, a death sentence for any non alicorn, or made into a stone statue decorating the Palace Grounds. But I can offer help of a different kind. I can make you my apprentice and teach you magic. Not the basic magic that any unicorn filly knows, but real magic.In return, you can look after me...you can rub my back after a show, I love that. You can in effect be part servant, part apprentice. It's a lot better then bucking apples all day, that is for sure. You won't be paid, but you will get food and shelter and one day will learn enough magic and showponyship to become a witch and a showpony in your own right.With your own fans cheering your name to the rafters.If you join me now, I have plenty of food waiting for you."

"I will do that," Celestia said, and Trixie ushered her into her trailer and gave her the first proper meal she had enjoyed in days. Two sandwiches, some oats and hay, some apples and water, enough to fill her empty belly that had been screaming to be fed for so long.

"You may not be a unicorn," Trixie said, "but although most unicorns don't like to tell them about it, earth ponies have magic within them as well. I will teach you a simple spell tonight...how to move small objects like a unicorn can. You can start with a single bit and move on from there."

Celestia smiled. "Why are you agreeing to help me then if most unicorns want to keep the secrets of magic for themselves?"

"Because most unicorns dare to look down on the Great and Powerful Trixie and think themselves to be above her, snobs that they are. This is a small way of getting my own back," Trixie replied.

Trixie taught her the spell and sure enough, with a lot of concentration Celestia could make a single bit move around in the air. "It's a lot like weight-lifting," Trixie told her. "If you practice for long enough you would even be able to pick up a pony using your magic."