• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 1,581 Views, 60 Comments

The Rescue - Diamond Sparkle



Princess Celestia is set free from a Changeling cocoon, and soon wishes she had not been.

  • ...
8
 60
 1,581

Trixie's Servant

"You can sleep outside tonight in a hammock that I'll set up for you.,I have three pillows you can use. I trust you not to run away with them as I beleave your story and you would have nowhere to go anyway," Trixie told Celestia.

"Thank you," Celestia said. Whilst not as pleasant as the royal bed she had enjoyed as an alicorn, three pillows were a lot better then one or none at all, and a hammock was a lot more comfortable then either the ground or where she slept back at home.For the first time since she was cut out of the Changeling cocoon, she enjoyed a decent sleep, at least until she was woken early by the rising sun. But as an alicorn in her dream world she had woken up early anyway so she now felt refreshed. Over the next few days she looked after Trixie. She went on errands for her, rubbed her back and cleaned her hooves, and she massaged her ego. And in return, Trixie helped her awake the earth pony magic deep within her body. And whenever she got the chance, Celestia practiced the little magic that she had been taught. Soon she could hold an item the size and weight of a small rock with her magic. If she got an itch in a place that it would be rude to scratch with a hoof in public, she would scratch it with her magic. It was both polite and much more satisfying. After they spent a month together Celestia could pick up things almost as well as a unicorn could, and Trixie could siphon off a little of Celestia's magic to boost her own power.

Before she found Celestia, Trixie was lucky most days to have more then a hundred or so ponies turn up to pay to see her shows when she booked music halls and other such places. Busking brought more but often the Royal Guards either demanded bribes or moved her on. Now, as her magic grew stronger and her tricks more impressive, there would be nights when thousands of ponies gathered to see her preform and to pay over their hard earned bits in the process. About half those bits went to the owners of the places where she preformed, but what was left over was still a lot of money. And slowly a few of those bits started to trickle down to Celestia. At first she only got the occasional bit from Trixie to buy a sandwich or an apple now and then. Then she got twenty bits a week to buy things with. It was not much, but it was most likely more then she would have earned bucking large numbers of apple trees every day until her hooves were sore. Then when the money really started poring in she got seven hundred bits a week as well as the free accommodation and a certain amount of free food and free magic tuition from the Great and Powerful Trixie.

Some ponies would have felt exploited but Celestia never complained. As well as picking things up with her magic as well as any unicorn, she could now create a ball of were-light to light the way and knew two or three other spells. She could afford a good bed with multiple pillows and even a small trailer of her own. It was true that she didn't get the fame that belonged to Trixie, she was very much a backstage pony, but she was living for the first time a decent life. One day she asked Trixie for permission to go and see her parents and Trixie replied with a smile. "Not only do I give you permission to go, but I, the Great and Powerful Trixie will come with you. Since I met you and trained you, my own power has grown and my genius has been well and truly recognized, so it is the least that I can do in return."

When they got there it was to find Luna, Celestia's blank flank sister, howling and crying, Beauty close to tears and Iron Hoof glaring as everything the family had, which was not much was dragged out of their house by three sturdy earth ponies, whilst a unicorn with a cutie mark of a broken house watched them. "What in Equestia is going on here?" Celestia demanded.

"After you ran away we could not get our quota per day of apples bucked," Iron Hoof replied, "And Applejack foreclosed on our house, sacked us and threw us out."

"How can you do such a thing to my parents? put their stuff back NOW," Celestia snapped, and then Trixie intervened.

"The last pony that angered the Great and Powerful Trixie, a bandit, I think he was, ended up hopping about and eating flies as a frog for the rest of his life. I strongly advise you to do what Celestia says, unless you want the same thing to happen to you." At the sight of the showmare, worried that she might carry out her threat, the bailiff ponies backed down, but not before saying that their boss Applejack would be informed. Soon enough Applejack came galloping over in a fury.

"Who the hell are you to intervene in a lawful eviction? They didn't pick enough apples or earn enough bits so Ah want them out."

"If I pick those apples for you, will you stop this and leave my family in their house?," Celestia asked.

"You?," Applejack snorted. "You're a single filly, there is no way you can pick enough apples to pay their debt."

Celestia let her magic pick one apple, then five at a time, then tree after tree was stripped of it's apples within seconds until the entire field was bare and all the apples were in their baskets and ready to be sold. Applejack stared and her mouth dropped open. Unicorns considered toiling in the apple fields to be beneath them, and alicorns would not even consider it. So this was a real novelty. When the last apple had been picked Applejack told her "Not only is the debt paid, but you have earned yourself a thousand bits. If you do the rest of my fields I'll offer you two thousand more."