• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 256 Views, 1 Comments

The Legacy Of Darkness - Darkness 1



40 years have passed since the death of Darkness, Equestria has enjoyed peace since then, however, evil never rests long, and a new evil arises.

  • ...
 1
 256

The Battle Against Parallex, Part 1

As all ships followed Darkness and his fleet, they all saw Darkness give the signal, that he could see land up ahead of him, and everypony grew quiet and anxious, to see what Darkness saw. A little while later, he gave the signal, that this was indeed the island, but strangely enough, it seemed deserted, as Twilight said, "That may be what Arrovak wants us to think."

Darkness must've been thinking the same thing, because he signaled, that he was going onto the island, to see for himself, and advised every ship following him, to do the same. Hours later, every ship got to the shores of the island, and docked there, as everypony got off, and began to look around, as Twilight and the others, went to find where Darkness was, and it didn't take them long to find him: they all simply looked for the black and red cape, which was now tattered and torn quite a bit, as everypony rushed to him, and Darkness turned around, and saw them all coming towards him, and went to greet them all. As everypony exchanged greetings, Rarity said, "Pardon me for this, but I haven't seen a living soul besides those of us here now."

Applejack looked around, and had an uneasy look on her face as she said, "Yeah, and I don't like it one bit....somethin doesn't feel right....Don't ya'll feel it? Somethin's off here...."

Everypony looked around, and began to feel the same as Applejack did, as Darkness said, "Now that you mention it...the island is much smaller than I thought, now that we are all here, and see those buildings over there, in the small forest, just ahead of us? That must be the center of this island, and they all looked half-destroyed, and deserted....do they not?"

Snowshy said, "They do."

Rainbow Dash said, "So what does that mean? Are we too late?"

Darkness replied, "Not by much though, it seems Arrovak, and his remaining armies, didn't have enough time to completely destroy, their operating base here. But it seems they have moved on..."

Violet Winter asked, "The question is, where exactly?"

Solar Blaze, "That's just it, I don't think any of us knows...do you Darkness?"

Darkness was silent for a moment, and then said, "No, I don't know where Arrovak, and his armies, might've have gone..." He then gasped, and then said, "Wait! Unless...."

Darkness was cut off, when several of the ruined buildings, went whizzing past everypony, as from the center of the island, came a large, long figure, deep from within the forest, as the figure, revealed its head, and then looked at everypony, as everypony recognized who it was, as Darkness said, "Parallex!"

Parallex laughed, and then said, "Ha! You fools fell right for it! I almost can't believe it!" He paused, and then said in a mocking tone, "Oh wait! I can!" Parallex then broke into a fit of laughter, and then said, "Arrovak knew you all would be coming after him, so he gathered his remaining armies here, and took what he needed for his and I 'plans', and began to destroy the rest, before he saw you all, over the horizon!"

Solar Blaze shouted out, "That's a lie! We all would've seen Arrovak flying off, had he seen us over the horizon!"

Parallex got close to Solar Blaze, and smiled an evil, sharp, toothy grin, and said, "Not if he couldn't be seen, it wouldn't be."

Violet Winter said, "And how's that?"

Parallex backed away, floated on his back, and began twirling some of his legs around the other, and as he looked at them, he said, "It was a trifle matter.....It was effortless to rend him invisible to the eye."

Rarity said, "Oh, right, that would right about do it."

He then looked at everypony else, and shouted at them, "As for the rest of you, back away and get as far away from this island as you possibly can! Or I will kill us all, right here and now!" He then began charging up a strong spell, and began to aim it at the ground, and Parallex said, "Well? What's it going to be? I'm not very patient, so you better decide right now!"

Twilight said to everypony else, "All of you! Just do as he says! We'll be fine! We'll meet up later!"

Everypony else nodded, as Fluchuette, stopped in front of everypony, and said, "I sure hope you all know what you're doing, this is Parallex, after all."

Snowshy said, "We know, but we will not let him, end it all here. We have all come too far to let it end here."

Fluchuette nodded in respect, and said, "Indeed, we have, just made it back to all of us, in one piece, you hear?!"

Solar Blaze said, "No promises, but we'll see what we can do!"

Fluchuette sighed, and said, "That'll have to be good enough then, good luck everypony!"

Everypony nodded, and Fluchuette ran to her ship, as did everypony else, as they all got on their ships, and began to steer away from the island, and after a short while later, were going away from the island, leaving Twilight, her friends, Snowshy, Violet Winter, Solar Blaze, Darkness, and Silver Sky, on the island. Parallex undid his spell, as he said, "You know, for a moment there, I was really hoping that the rest of your 'friends', would be dumb enough, to stay put....oh well."

He then took to the skies, as he rose his entire body, from the forest, and raised him many arms into the air, and then looked at them all with vengeance, at everypony, and said, "Enough of the chit chat! It's time our score is settled! Once and for all! Either you all will fall! Or I may meet my demise here! Either way, only one of us, is walking away from this!" He paused for a moment, and then said, "So come with all your strength and might you can muster! Let's settle this, right now!"

Parallex, then began using his powers, turned everything around the island, to utter pitch-black, as he rose higher and higher into the air, as power emanated from all his legs, as he used his powers, to distort time and space, and sent everypony on the island, and himself, into the his dimension: the world of chaos. Parallex said, "Welcome, everypony! To my kind of environment! Say hello to the chaotic world dimension! I can bend this world to my will! You may be able to handle me one-on-one, but can you all handle a world, that fights against you all?"

Parallex, then began to float till he was level with everypony's eyesight, and began to laugh some more, as Solar Blaze said through gritted teeth, "Enough of this conceited jerk! Let's show who's laughing at this end of this!"

Solar Blaze, with both of his short swords drawn, dashed into fighting Parallex, as Parallex saw this, stopped laughing, and said, "Good! Good! This will be a good fight to be sure! Or a humiliating one for you! Hahahaha!"

Solar Blaze only got madder at Parallex's laughter, and began to unleash a barrage of sword strikes all over Parallex, at break-neck speeds, and Parallex was able to keep up with Solar Blaze's relentless attacks, and blocked every single sword strike. Everypony looked at each other, and Darkness then looked at Solar Blaze, smirked, and then said, "What are we waiting for? Let's take him down!" Darkness then held out one of his right front hoof, and said, "My old friend, if you can hear me, you are needed once more, the world is threatened by evils, that are way beyond anything we have fought before, and you were made like nothing else ever has been, or ever will be. So if you hear my voice, I ask of you, will you join me, for our last time together, in the mortal world? Let this be our greatest fight together! Come! Show me your answer!"

The ground shook so much, that it shook around everypony, as they all struggled to keep their balance, and interrupted Parallex and Solar Blaze from fighting each other, as Parallex backed away in fear, and said, "Wha....what are you summoning forth Darkness?!"

Darkness, with a big grin on his face, looked straight at Parallex, and said, "You'll see soon enough, and you have every right to be afraid, even Darkness Night would fear what's coming!"

Just then, the sky above everypony shattered like glass, as an immensely long sword came through the broken glass-like fissure in the sky, as it came at frightening speed, towards Darkness. Everypony, not being able to tell clearly if this sword was living or not, quickly got out of the way, but Darkness did not move, he remained motionless, with his right front hoof held out into the air, as high as he could, as the sword landed into his hoof. A massive surge of power came from Darkness and the sword, and it was so powerful, that the shockwave, pushed everypony back, even Parallex, who had backed away from everypony earlier. As everypony got up on their feet, they all saw Darkness, with the sword in hoof, looked at the sword, and began to talk to it, and said, "Well, now, old friend, it's been such a long time, since I last held you......,since the last time, we had such glorious battles together...well this time, our cause it so much bigger than it was so long ago...So my old friend....shall we see this through? For old times sake?"

The sword, as if it heard everything Darkness had said to it, began to shine a bright golden light, as Darkness bowed his head in respect to the sword, and said, "I thank you deeply old friend, and I assure you, I will not make you regret this. Because the first battle, we get to share is one of our greatest enemies....is none other than...Parallex himself!" Darkness then pointed the sword at Parallex, and said, "Surely you know what this is? Many evils fear this blade, including Darkness Night himself! Come on now, Parallex...do you or do you not know what I wield?"

Parallex grew very angry and fearful at that same time, as he yelled out, "OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT THAT IS YOU FOOL! IT IS THE LEGENDARY SWORD, THAT YOU KILLED BOLVERK WITH, AND COUNTLESS OTHER EVILS AS WELL! THAT SWORD IS IMMENSELY POWERFUL, AND HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN, THAT TEN-FOOT BEHEMOTH OF A KATANA! BUT IT WILL ONLY OBEY ITS MASTER.....YOU!"

Darkness chuckled, and said, "That's right!" He then looked at everypony and said, "Surprised?"

Rarity said, "A bit."

Violet Winter said, "I don't believe it, the longest, and most powerful sword ever made! The ten-foot katana, wielded by Darkness, master of the sword, and the only one known, to be able to wield the sword effectively, and using it, like it was made of paper!"

Everypony else was speechless, and the only thing Silver Sky could say was, "HOLY.......CRAP......!"

As everypony snapped out of it, Twilight said, "Everypony, ready?!"

Everypony looked at one another, drew their weapons, except for Darkness, who got into a battle stance with his legendary sword, and everypony said in unison, "READY!"

Violet Winter nodded, and said, "CHHHHAAARRRRGGGGGEEE!!"

Everypony then began running at fast as they could, flying as fast as they could at Parallex, who was still stunned by Darkness's sword, as he still was, everypony began to attack Parallex, once they got withing striking range. This barrage of attacks by everypony, snapped Parallex out of it, and he grew furious, as he said, "Even with Darkness's legendary mighty sword, will not be enough to save any of you!" He then used his powers, and blew everypony back, and rose very high into the air, as power surged within him, and around him, until it erupted, and blinded everypony for a minute, and as the dust cleared, everypony saw that Parallex had transformed into his ultimate form: Parallex now had twenty wings, and his legs, now all had vicious, needle-sharp claws, and his hide had changed into onyx metal armor, and he now had 100,000 massive, black, magic swords, floating above his head, as he said, "BEHOLD! MY TRUE FORM! PREPARE TO DIE! I'LL MAKE SURE YOU ALL SUFFER MY WRATH!"

Parallex, then started the battle, by using his magic swords, and hurling a group or ten or more, at everypony, as everpony began to take evasive actions. Parallex laughed, as he said, "Dance little puppets! Dance for me!" Parallex then began opening portals, and began sending magic swords through them, as he said, "Let's change things up a bit, shall we!"

Everypony, who had a minute to recover from dodging Parallex's magic swords, all began making their way back to Parallex, who saw them all coming towards him, and he chuckled, and went through a portal, as Violet Winter said, "After him!" Moments later, everypony, went through the portal, and they were transported to the Plane Of Nothingness, and Parallex was waiting for them, and he saw they all successfully came through the portal, and he sealed it, and began charging towards everypony. Nopony bothered saying anything this time, because there wasn't time to. Everypony simply readied themselves, and charged once more at Parallex, and as the two clashed with each other, the loud clang of swords, and claws resounded throughout the empty air, as everypony and Parallex, fought so fast against each other, they were moving all over the place at the speed of light. At this point, Parallex only grew madder, and madder, and this increased his strength and speed to a certain point, but it was enough, that everypony, including Darkness himself, were having a hard time keeping up with Parallex's relentless attacks.