• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 2,248 Views, 24 Comments

In the care of Octavia - Borogneir



Vinyl get's shrinked into a filly and sent to a dimentsion where she was adopted by Octavia.

  • ...
2
 24
 2,248

What is this, I dont even.

Uhhh... My head Vinyl took a hoof to her head as she awoke from the slumber she had found herself in. She looked around and found that she was in THAT bed again. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Why? Why did this happen to me!? ARGH! I don’t want to be stuck as a filly! I want to go back to my life and party every other day! I can’t do that like this! He hit herself in the head with anger as she slowly rose from her bed. “Wait a minute.” She muttered to herself. She was now seeing something she didn’t quite believe, she saw her own speaker and she remembered that she had made it… But somehow, it didn’t feel right, it seemed off… It didn’t fit her style and she had somehow made it in a VERY short time, they usually took hours, but this had only taken, like, what, one and a half? “That’s odd… I don’t get how that makes sense, but it somehow does… Ugh this body is annoying me! I can’t reach as high and my magic doesn’t seem to work! GRAAH! I DON’T WANT THIS!” Her horn flared blue and slammed the entire speaker and all equipment it came with straight into the closest wall. “Wha? Huh? How did I? … Okay… That made no sense, I can’t normally do that and this body doesn’t even use magic normally… Then how the hay did I just do that?” She sat down in a thinking position trying to think of how this was even remotely possible. She had never been very apt when it came to magic, but she could use it. So how this could happen was a completely mystery.

The door slammed open and there stood her supposed ‘mother’ Octavia, “Vinyl!? What just happe—” She stopped as she saw a giant bump in the wall with destroyed equipment to speakers and such. Octavia could do nothing but stare; she had no way to react to what she was seeing. This was impossible; Vinyl didn’t know magic this strong, right? And she couldn’t possibly have the physical power to do this, so how… “How did you?”

“Magic explosion thingy, or something like that, I don’t really care. I got mad; everything went into the wall, that’s pretty much what happened.” Vinyl said with a wave of her hoof, like she was shrugging the whole thing off, not caring about it at all.

Octavia shut her eyes and gave off a huge sigh. “I see… What did you get mad about then?” Octavia had a very small guess as to what it could be, unless that was just her daughter being extremely confused yesterday.

“What do you think? Or did you just somehow forget what happened yesterday? I am extremely confused about what’s happening. One day I was living my completely normal life as a 20 year old. I had a completely normal life as a DJ and I had the most wonderful roommate.” She glanced at her mother, who got slightly surprised at that for some reason. “My friends were the most awesome ponies I could ever ask for, my life was perfect. Then suddenly, I appear in a world where my best friend and roommate is somehow my mother, so how do you think I feel?!” Vinyl eyes were starting to fill up with tears as she cried into her bed, extremely loudly.

Octavia was stunned, that was a very heartfelt speech to listen to, but still, she couldn’t exactly believe any of it. She had been Vinyl’s adoptive mother for a long while now; it didn’t just happen over one night. But Vinyl just seemed so sad about it though. She had no idea what to do in this situation, so she did the only thing her mind told her to. She went over and hugged her daughter as caring and motherly as she was able to. “I don’t know how to react to that, I hope you understand that, it’s not exactly easy to believe. I mean, for me, you’ve been in my care for a long time now. If you actually come from this other place and you supposedly are twenty years old, how can I possibly understand? If what you say is true, all I want is for my Vinyl to get back. But to me, you will be my little Vin’ until this gets taken care of, deal?” Octavia said with the biggest smile.

Vinyl looked up from her bed to Octavia, the smile she was really genuine, Octavia believed her! This might just turn out good after all! Vinyl nodded her head very sternly as she hugged her supposed mother right back. She didn’t care if her best friend was her current mother, even if Vinyl would never see her as that. Octavia would always be her best friend! “Thanks Octy, I’m happy you believe me at least a bit. I get that it’s hard to understand, but I’m just really glad that you did, it’s a blessing.”

If Vinyl could see Octavia’s face at that exact moment, she would have seen extreme amounts of regret. To be honest, Octavia didn’t believe the story at all; she was just humoring her daughter, who could believe that? An alternate universe? That’s impossible, wasn’t it? Octavia released her grip of Vinyl and gave her daughter a smile as she said, “I’m going to make some breakfast now, so when you’re ready, you can come down.”

“Yeah, sure, I don’t exactly have much to do before, but sure. I’ll come soon.” Vinyl replied as she splayed herself on the bed with a sigh. Octavia just shrugged and went downstairs with a whistle. Somehow, that little whistle reminded Vinyl of something, she didn’t exactly know what though. “Why is that so familiar?” She couldn’t remember hearing it before; she had never heard Octavia whistle before. But somehow, that whistle somehow inspired nostalgia in Vinyl’s mind. It was probably just something about this odd reality she was now in, probably had something to do with the body she was in. Because if this body existed before she got here, it must mean it has its own experience about things… Doesn’t that mean that the child Vinyl had appeared in her universe? Well, she must be terrified out of her mind in that case.

“I guess I have to make the best of this place until I find a way home. Gotta talk to Sparkle later, she knows lots of magic… Right?” Vinyl didn’t continue to ponder this because she had decided what to do; she was going to enjoy the ride of being a kid again, with her attitude. She smiled menacingly to herself as she went for the door. Then, something popped into Vinyl’s mind; did she possibly have any friends in this universe? Well, her friends probably have to be children, what with her being a child now. That is, if she’s not the most sophisticated child in the history of pony, and the chance of that is probably the smallest ever. What with Vinyl being Vinyl and all.

As Vinyl entered the kitchen breakfast had already been placed on the table, it made Vinyl smile; this was awesome, free food… She liked free food. If one takes food and makes it free, Vinyl could eat so much her stomach would probably burst. She chomped the food so fast; Octavia just stared but quickly shook her head. The food made Vinyl even more nostalgic for some odd reason, she had no idea why, it felt like this had happened before. But clearly, that wasn’t the case at all.

As Vinyl finished she spoke to her ‘mother’ “Octy, can I ask you something?” Octavia hummed in an approving manner, her tone clearly stating ‘yes’ “ok then, as you know, I’m not from here, so I have to ask, do I have any friends and who are they?”

Octavia stopped cleaning the dishes and looked at her daughter and quickly replied, “well, that will be easy to figure out soon enough, since you are supposed to hang out with them today. And, if you are from an alternate universe or whatever, you probably know them pretty well, they are famous for creating a lot of ‘situations’” Octavia explained as she went back to the dishes.

Wait, famous for creating ‘situations’ ? Does that mean… No, it couldn’t possibly be those three, because if it were, her day would get weird, pretty fast. Well, let’s hope that’s not the case. But looking at her flank, the chances are unbelievably high, but hopefully, that isn’t the case. “I think I have an idea, but if it is them, Celestia save me…” This made Octavia giggle. “Yes, it’s them isn’t it? It’s those three, who were they again? Apple Groom, Swetty Bile and Smootacoo? I was it something else?” Vinyl knew she had just butchered their names, but she did that on purpose, those three were the biggest menace in the time she had lived in Ponyville, and if she was a member of the group… She didn’t want to know what could happen.

“Oh, yes, it’s them… By the way, their names are as follows, Apple BLOOM, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, easy to remember. I bet you already knew that though, you just butchered their names on purpose because you think they do a lot of odd things.”

“You have no idea.” Was all Vinyl could say as she left the kitchen after easting her breakfast. She had no idea what to do at this point, considering nothing of her usual activities were available as a child.

Vinyl tried looking around the house again, and well, she found the room that contained the television, she had forgotten the name of the specific room. So she didn’t quite care about that at the moment. She turned on the television and tried to find something interesting to spend her time with. She didn’t find a lot of interesting programs, since the most of the channels available were children’s channels, probably because she now existed in the body of a child, and she didn’t like it.

She fin ally decided to watch something called ‘Completely Spies’ it was about these three teenage fillies secretly being agents. The premise seemed ridiculous, but it worked in that weird way. They seemed to live in ‘Marely Hills’ which didn’t quite make sense if they wanted to be inconspicuous. The whole show was completely silly, nothing made sense, but at least, Vinyl had something to spend her time with.

She turned off the TV, getting very bored of the contents, she decided to go to her room and simply relax till the three got here and her day would go completely bonkers. As she entered her room she decided to simply relax on her bed, she first now noticed the sheets, it was what she would expect, extremely large bass notes, just the way a child version of her would have it. Just then, music started, Vinyl reacted to this, it was Octavia’s cello playing, she remembered this tune, it was the first thing she ever heard Octy play, the nostalgia levels were going overboard. She could do nothing but smile as she laid there on the bed.

Vinyl didn’t really like her situation, but what could she do? Nothing, that’s what. I do hope they do something fun for once, I don’t like braking things… Or, I could lead them on the biggest and craziest crusade know to this town… Yeah, that sounds like the perfect idea. I’m totally doing that. This made her laugh to herself; she already knew what to do.

And almost as fast as her thought finished, the door knocked. She smiled, this day was going to get interesting, just because she had the perfect plan.

She opened the door and there stood the three of them, Vinyl greeted them with a quick, “hello!” They replied with the same thing. Vinyl quickly shouted to her ‘mother’ “Mom! I’m going out with the girls!”

Octavia’s heart decided to jump, just because Vinyl had just said ‘mom’ she didn’t know why but it did. Octavia decided to shout back to her child something Vinyl had to remember, “Sure honey, just remember, don’t be back to late, there’s school tomorrow.”

This made Vinyl freeze, school… Oh Celestia no!