• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 870 Views, 16 Comments

A Dazzle of Reformation - Silver Cables



The Dazzlings have been homeless for two years after being defeated by Twilight and friends. One day, a stranger helps them out.

  • ...
0
 16
 870

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Adagio wandered into the blacked halls of the mansion. She couldn’t even see her hands in front of her. Feeling her way through the dark, she had an ill feeling that something might jump out and grab her. She stood in place every few seconds, trying to listen to her surroundings. Walking through this hall was much scarier than she anticipated. Why was fear something that she felt right now? Maybe the amulets that were stripped from them by those blasted Rainbooms kept emotions in check. Adagio finally made her way to the stairs and slowly crept down until she was on solid ground.

Suddenly, she had forgotten the direction to the kitchen. She had to get into the kitchen to find out anything she could before the morning came. Adagio spent countless minutes looking for the kitchen. She ended up in the living room, a bathroom, a swimming pool, then the garage. It wasn’t until after she stumbled upon these rooms that she finally ended up in the kitchen. It was time to do some digging.

She found a pile of letters and bills that Big Bucks had been going through earlier. She took a long look through them. After searching through every crook and nanny, she ended up with nothing that could prove him to be sick and twisted, or anything that could be blackmail material. Adagio searched through one more time, but she still ran into a dead end. She decided that the task itself was tedious. Going back to bed was the only option she had now. Scouting out other rooms would be a problem, as any of the other rooms could potentially belong to Big Bucks. Although, all of them belonged to him.

She decided to head back to the room with Aria and Sonata. They were sound asleep when she got there, and she lay down on a bed. The bed was soft. Adagio began to close her eyes. That night, she slept peacefully.

*****

Morning came, and Adagio woke up when the sun shined in her tired eyes. She let out a yawn and stretched. Once her eyes adjusted to the light, she got up and looked around the room. Aria and Sonata were not there. Adagio started to worry. Worry? There was no way she would ever worry. Right? She ran downstairs and searched the living room. They were nowhere to be seen. Adagio started to panic.

“Aria! Sonata!” she yelled. “Come here right this instant!”

They didn’t answer, which raised more questions. Was he doing something to them? Were they killed, and she would be next? When did they leave the room? Adagio started breathing heavily. She ran towards the front door. When she got there, the maid, Dust Magnet, stopped Adagio from running out the door.

“Let me out, old lady! I’m trying to escape!” she yelled.

“But, deary, you haven’t eaten breakfast yet. The other two are almost finished.” the old maid said.

Breakfast? Adagio nearly forgot that it was morning. It was exactly what people do every morning. She still wasn’t used to food schedules. Anger was something that could be consumed whenever the Dazzlings felt like it. Adagio felt stupid. Maybe she overreacted just a little. She could have just as easily looked in the kitchen as she had screamed bloody murder. Nobody had shown her or the other two any shred of kindness before.

“Right! I’ll just get going to the kitchen then.” Adagio said with a nervous smile. She headed towards the kitchen.

“Teenagers! Hormonal imbalances can be quite difficult to deal with. I’ll have to talk with Big Bucks later.”

When Adagio entered the kitchen, Aria placed a bowl and plate in the sink. Sonata was almost done with her food, and she looked up to wave at Adagio.

“We just had some cereal and toast. Yours is right there.” Aria said while pointing at the table.

Cereal and toast? Adagio thought. Big Bucks lives in a mansion, not some crummy peasant house, and he gives us cereal and toast for breakfast? Adagio forgot about it and looked at the food in front of her. She picked up a spoon and started chowing down. When they lived on the streets, she never got to eat as much as the other two.

*****

Adagio was headed back into the general area near alleyway where they lived. It had been around a year since their crushing defeat. She was carrying some bread back from a store. She had collected every coin she could find on the streets to afford a loaf of bread. Crossing a street and walking passed the coffee shop was the only way to get to the alleyway that she called home.

She was waiting for the light to go red so that she could cross. Suddenly, a stranger bumped into her and the bread loaf went flying out of her hand. Once she looked up, a car drove by and flattened half of the loaf. Once the light went read, she crossed, and picked it up. She threw away the flattened bread and carried the rest home.

She walked into the alleyway where Aria and Sonata were waiting. She handed them the bread and sat down against a building wall.

“Aren’t you going to eat Adagio?” Sonata asked.

“No. I already ate my portion of it.” Adagio said as her stomach growled. The other two looked at her with concerned expressions. Adagio had to improvise. “Uh… that was a burp. The bread was just so good.”

The other two shrugged and finished their share of bread, while Adagio went hungry that day. She was happy to see the other two stuff their faces. Was she getting soft? No way. A siren didn’t need emotions.

*****

Adagio finished her breakfast and placed her dishes in the sink. As she left the kitchen, Big Bucks passed her by. She still felt an ill aura emanating from him. Who is Big Bucks behind this positive facade? Adagio went up into her room. Aria and Sonata were watching television. She was going to use some time to think.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long to write this. I hope that you will forgive me for keeping you waiting too long.

Comments ( 3 )

The wait was worth it.

8396045
I'm glad to know that you think so. Because of you, I've felt more comfortable writing this story. I started out thinking that I was bad at writing, but your comments have kept me feeling proud of this story. Thank you!

8400047
Glad that I could help you along.

Login or register to comment