• Published 3rd Nov 2017
  • 19,807 Views, 1,070 Comments

Seven Saviors - Arcanum -Phantasy



Sunset finally breaks and decides to end it all. Can a group of friends she didn't even know she had bring her back from the brink and put Annon-a-miss down?

  • ...
53
 1,070
 19,807

Epilogue

Celestia stepped out of the portal, once again in her normal form. Hovering next to her in her golden magic were three defeated looking fillies, each equipped with a set of sattle bags on their sides. They barely reacted as The Princess of the Sun moved them through the room. A sigh slipped past her lips as she took a step to the side to make way for the others making their way through the portal. The first to step out was Sunset, and while it took her a moment to get reacquainted with her old body, it was only for a second. For a moment, she just stood there, taking in the feeling of the magically charged air that surrounded her. A familiar tingle passed through her horn as parts of herself she had long forgotten came to life for the first time in years.

I'm home.

The moment was ruined as a mass of ponies not quite as familiar with their new bodies tumbled through the portal on top of her.

"Who's idea was it," Lightning groaned as she tried to move someone's hoof out of her face. "To go through as a group again?"

"That would be Lyra, love," Octavia sighed from the bottom of the pony-pile. "Now could someone get their foot off of my leg!?"

"Magic world!" Lyra cried, desperate to pull herself out of the pile of ponies.

"I think I broke something," Bonbon moaned.

"Did everything stop spinning yet?" Derpy said, sounding slightly delirious. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Everyone paused for a second at hearing that, then desperately tried to pull themselves out of the pile.

"Oh hell no!" Lightning cried as she managed to wiggle herself free. "I like ya Derpy, but I am not wearing your lunch!"

"Ditto!" Octavia and Bonbon chorused as they managed to free themselves.

Now that the number of tangled limbs had slimmed, Lyra and Vinyl managed to side-roll out of danger with little trouble. Derpy laid with a hoof pressed to her face, just barely holding back her lunch as she started to get her bearings. After a moment, she was able to get a grip of herself and let her nausea pass.

"Are you okay?" Sunset asked, putting a hoof on Derpy's back.

"Yeah, I'm good," she said, turning her head towards Sunset. "That was cra-"

her voice trailed off as she got a good look at Sunset, shock dominating her features.

"Sunset?"

"Y-Yeah?" she asked, slightly nervous.

"You are absolutely adorable!"

Before she could react, Derpy threw her arms around the stunned Unicorn and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Th-Thanks," Sunset stuttered, face turning as red as her mane. "You too."

"Huh?" she asked pulling herself back from her possible girlfriend.

Sunset gestured towards the now gray Pegasus that was holding her. It was then that Derpy took note of her new body.

"No way," she smiled. "What am I? Am I a Unicorn too?"

"No," she laughed. "Looks like your counterpart's a Pegasus."

"Really?!"

With a wide smile, she tried to look behind herself and was greeted by a pair of slowly opening wings.

"Awesome!"

"What about me?!" Lyra cried, her whole body almost vibrating a hole in the ground.

"A horse with a brain tumor," Lightning said flatly.

"What?! the light green Unicorn exclaimed, excitement replaced with panic.

"Or a Unicorn," she shrugged.

Lyra leveled a glare at her Pegasus friend then said. "Hey Sunset, that means I can use magic, right?"

"Yeah," Sunset responded, not sure she liked where this was headed.

"How do I shoot lasers?"

"Lyra," Sunset and Bonbon both sighed.

Lightning glanced over her shoulder and a slight smile graced her lips.

Pegasus huh? Sweet! Take that Mom and Dad!

"So I guess I'm a Unicorn here," Vinyl smirked, tapping at her new appendage. "God that feels weird."

"Since I lack wings, does that make me a Unicorn as well?" Octavia asked.

"Not quite," Sunset sighed. "You and Bonbon are Earth Ponies. You can't use magic the same way Unicorns can, but you are physically stronger than one and have tougher bodies than Pegesi."

"How tough?" Bonbon asked.

"An Earth Pony can survive a bolt of wild lightning and break a bolder down to pebbles."

The two Earths in the group stared at her in shock, before a cocky smile spread across Bonbon's face.

"Now that's more like it!"

"Let's hope I never need to test that claim, love," Octavia shivered.

A simple question from Derpy led to the next topic the fiery Unicorn saw coming.

"Hey Sunset, when did you get the tattoo?"

"She's not the only one," Vinyl said, staring at her friend's flank. "Looks like we've all got them."

Sure enough, when everyone looked, they saw that they did indeed have a mark on their hindquarters. Bonbon had a piece of wrapped candy in a beaker on her flank while Lyra had a silver harp covering what looked like a blank playing card. Octavia had a treble clef with a theater mask hanging from the top most point. On Vinyl's flank was a record with an inverted bass note plastered on top of it. Lightning had a tornado with two lightning bolts crossing over it while Derpy's mark was what looked like a collection of chat bubbles.

"Those are your Cutie Marks. They show a pony's special talent and a part of their true selves."

"Cutie Mark?" Lightning asked, not impressed. "That's what their called?"

"Yep," Sunset smiled.

"That is so lame."

Sunset shrugged, then turned towards her mother, who had remained silent through out the whole chain of events. She was greeted by a Solar Princess that was just a step away from falling over laughing.

"Mom," she groaned.

"I'm sorry my little sun, it's just so cute watching you interact with your friends," she chuckled.

"Mom!" she growled. "Not now!"

"Fine, fine," she sighed. "We need to get these three sorted out anyways."

As she said that, she lowered the three fillies gently onto the floor. None of them made any attempt to run or really do more than look up at their warden.

"That reminds me," Sunset said, glaring at them. "What are you going to do to them?"

"Well," Celestia frowned. "First we're going to help them get used to their new bodies, then they are going to be helping the staff around the castle."

"How so?"

"Nothing too strenuous," the Solar Diarch shrugged. "Cleaning floors mostly. Once they have cleaned all the guest rooms and the throne room's floors, they can return home. Honestly, their parents could be quite gladiatorial when it comes to corporal punishment."

"You talked to their parents?"

"Of course," Celestia said, taken aback slightly. "It was over tea in my private chambers. Very lovely mares and stallions, though they did seem rather easily startled."

"You brought them here?!"

"Sunset dear," she smiled. "Do you honestly think that a race without magic is going to take a Princess' word at face value?"

"Good point," she muttered. "And they were okay with it?"

"Yes. In fact it was their idea to have them help the staff. I believe it was Ms. Smith who said that it would help build character. She also has a very vibrant vocabulary when angered."

A shiver ran through Applebloom at the mention of her Grandmother's temper and a slight pang of sympathy entered Sunset's heart at the sight.

"By the way," Celestia continued. "It seems you are one friend short. Is Fluttershy not going to be joining us?"

"She should be coming through soon," Sunset said, turning towards the portal.

As if on cue, the mirror rippled like it was made of water as another figure fell through. What they saw fall to the floor was a little shocking to everyone present, Royal family included. Laying dazed on the floor was a light yellow Thestral with a pale pink mane and tail. Her Cutie Mark was a pink bat with a red moon half hidden behind its left wing. When she opened her eyes, everyone could see that they were bright red with slitted pupils before they slammed shut and she put her hooves over them.

"C-Could someone turn down the lights?" she whined. "They're too bright."

It was while she was talking that everyone became aware of her fangs poking out of her muzzle. A moment of silence passed as everyone took in what they were seeing. Then, with the grace of a meteor, Lightning broke the silence.

"Huh. So I'm friends with a vampire. You know what? I'm cool with that."

Author's Note:

And with that, Seven Saviors comes to a close. I want to thank everyone who followed this story all the way to its end and I hope to continue having your support it future stories. Now for those of you who are curious, a sequel to this is in the works, but I want to finish some other stories before I move on to anything new. The fics I am going to complete are Winter Aria, Tinker Toy, and Clockwork Kingdom (All in that order). So if you want to see some of my other works while you're waiting, you know were to look. See you all later everypony. Peace!

Comments ( 156 )

Interesting to see the divergences in personality between the ponies and their human counterparts reflected in their cutie marks. Appropriate too IMO. They're different people with different lives.
I look forward to the sequel when you're ready to write it, and hope to see more of the contrasts shown there.

CSC

Pretty good!!

Huh earth fluttershy is not a Pegasus

9333706
Nope. She's a Thestral. (AKA a bat pony)

Thestral Flutters didn't expect that

Does EarthShy's thestral appearance have to do with her knighted appearance from a while back when her Kindness element left. Or through another reason not yet revealed that you won't mention now and will be revealed in the sequel?

That aside, I very much enjoyed this story. Derpy was probably the best part of the story! I look forward to the inevitable meeting between their pony counterparts! Bit sad that most of the friendships ended but that's what happens when you do stupid shit for petty reasons! Trust me, I should know! I still haven't quite forgiven myself for what I did to my own friend.

But that's another story altogether!

This epilogue was too damn short...... But EGQ Fluttershy turnout to be a bat pony made up for it, big time! This was an amazing story from start to finish & hopefully the sequel finally focuses on Sunset & Derpy become a couple!

This deserves a sequel

This ending seems a little forced to me, plus you could have done something more involving Princess Celestia's decision to take the human CMC to Equestria, could have been a lot more conflict with that.

9333751
I think this is a good place to leave it for a sequel in the future.

Not one little kiss for the hero and poor Sunset?

Good job on cleaning up the story issues I raised earlier.

A good story. I was disappointed to see you do the "Punish the Mane 5" thing that so many stories love to do but my gripes with that aside it was still a good, well write story.

Love the ending, and glad to see Celestia spoke to the Family members, when discussing the punishment, or part of it.
Figured they know there could been a angry mob forming to lynch the three, after school.

Let's face it while Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna could enforce the rules and protect them in school, out of school was another matter.
Sending them away quickly thru the portal was smart move, and allows everyone to absorb what happen and cool off, and deal with things, before deciding further what to do.

They still have to deal with their families deciding how to further punish them, bet by the time they come back, they be missing their cell phones computers, and be given flip phones, and facing being grounded.

Cleaning the guest floors with the staff and throne room floor again with the staff, be maybe a week or three weeks?
Sure they be suspended that long if not longer, and again mostly to keep them safe from a bunch of idiots wanting to get even.

A very good touch with the variance in marks, I like it! I was wondering about Forgiveness's appearance, and this explains nothing! Simply marvelous. You know, when she eventually "ponies up" we'll have a chance at some real fun. Perhaps some enthusiastic walks in the moonlight?

derpicdn.net/img/view/2017/5/22/1443547__safe_artist-colon-baron+engel_fluttershy_alucard_alushy_anime_anthro_bat+pony_clothes_crossover_female_flutterbat_hat_hellsing_mare_race+swap_.jpeg


All in all, I approve of this punishment, scrubbing floors might sound lenient, but have you seen the size of canterlot castle? That's going to take a while. And they'll have to do it while getting used to different bodies, not simple at all.

But, this keeps them out of either world's judicial system, and avoids the immense problems such an event would entail. Heh, sounds to me like their families actually argued for something harsher, I doubt their tribulations will end with their release from Equestria.

9333003
Call it whatever you want.
It's just so baffeling that you can bring up all those examples, agree they're horrible, and still be unfazed that Celestia's doing the same thing. Regardless of whether is better for the Crusaders (which I don't think it is, as you'll probably know by now)

But ohwell. It was fun while it lasted.
Cheers mate!

Please keep me posted and let me know when the sequel is up, I only check my feed every few days

9333717

9333726

I So did not see that coming either, I do hope that there is a sequel to this story, would love to see why Earth Fluttershy came out as a Bat-Pony, I don't think Thestral should be used since the Thestral's from Harry Potter are said to only be seen by people who have seen death so maybe you should just call them Bat-Pony's instead?

Sequel please.:fluttershysad::fluttershysad::fluttershysad::fluttershysad: Can you say no to that?

9333856
Oh good, I'm not the only one who feels iffy about bat-winged pegasi being labeled as Thestrals. Of course, to be fair, some creatures in MLP aren't completely accurate to other depictions: Pukwudgies, for example, are pyrokinetic goblin-like creatures that can transform into porcupines in actual mythology. Not quite how they were portrayed in MLP where they're brightly colored Critter & porcupine hybrids.

Wow, just wow. That was a sweet ending I hope you will tag this story in a blog when you do it's sequel. Now Flutterbat was highly unexpected but I think it makes sense. Now I wonder how former S.M.I.L.E agent Sweetie Drops is going to take the revelation about her dopliganger? Heck how would human Bon Bon take the revelation of her counterpart?

As if on cue, the mirror rippled like it was made of water as another figure fell through. What they saw fall to the floor was a little shocking to everyone present, Royal family included. Laying dazed on the floor was light yellow Thestral with a pale pink mane and tail. Her Cutie Mark was a pink bat with a red moon half hidden behind its left wing. When she opened her eyes, everyone could see that they were bright red with slitted pupils before they slammed shut and she put her hooves over them.

"C-Could someone turn down the lights?" she whined. "They're too bright."

It was while she was talking that everyone became aware of her fangs poking out of her muzzle. A moment of silence passed as everyone took in what they were seeing. Then, with the grace of a meteor, Lightning broke the silence.

"Huh. So I'm friends with a vampire. You know what? I'm cool with that."

Fluttershy becomes Flutterbat, And Lightning is cool with it!
What else is new!

9333112

Since this story was implied to be happening in America the CMC would have likely been tried in a juvenile court. In that system some of the crimes can become expunged when the offender turns 18. In a case like this and their apparent youth they would probably receive a similar sentence and once they become adults it wouldn't be on their record.

It is not common to charge kids as adults where it would be permanently on their records. That is saved for severe crimes or where the person in question is close to adulthood.

Awesome! I can't wait for the sequel! :)

This was one of those stories that I was sad to see end, but found the ending enjoyable. Very much looking forward to the sequel!

This story is awesome! I enjoyed it from beginning to end! I liked that you have Derpy as the super hacker and helped out Sunset to solve the Anon-a-Miss problem. Also, I'm definitely shipping these two! :rainbowkiss:

I also liked how Sunset slowly formed a friendship with the background characters and how they slowly gained the elements magic after the Rainbooms ditched Sunset. And best of all, you are one of the few people on this site to not only have the CMC brought to justice, but also able to finish the Anon-a-Miss story in general, something that not a lot of authors were able to do.

The only minor nitpick was we didn't get to see the Rainbooms' reactions after the CMC was revealed to be the real Anon-A-Miss at the assembly, especially from Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. I was curious to know what their thought process after knowing their younger sisters were the true culprits and that they made a huge mistake for accusing their former friend and how their actions nearly caused Sunset to almost jump off the bridge, but like I said, they're just minor nitpick.

But hey, that can be possibly explored in a sequel. :raritywink:

This may be a bold claim, but next to Dainn's Anon-a-Miss, this may be my favorite Anon-a-Miss story on this site, maybe even my top three favorite Anon-a-Miss stories. :pinkiehappy:

I will definitely come back and read this again and I'm looking forward to the sequel when it comes out. Until then, this earned a spot to my Top Favourite Completed Stories bookshelf!

Well done! :twilightsmile:

Crap, that's the end.

9334225
It had to happen eventually my friend. :fluttershyouch:

9334277
Considering that Ruler cared enough about her disgraced, disinherited, and exiled daughter to cross over into a world of humans with the intent to rain righteous fury upon those that caused said daughter to jump off, or at least attempt to jump off, a bridge? I think so, yes.

To be honest, overall this ending feels kinda meh.
Both the Rainboom's irrational hatred of Sunset and Celestia's sudden burst of mom energy remain unexplained and plot device-y and there are several plot threats that remain unresolved.
That message Sweetie Belle send to all the people who supplied secrets went nowhere from what I can recall.
None of the other Rainbooms had any kind of resolution in their relationship with Sunset. And not with Fluttershy either.
And if recieving the Elements had any effect on the Saviors, then I could honestly not see it.

I'm hoping that the sequel will pick at least some of that up, because right now this story doesn't feel like it lived up to its full potential.

I liked it overall, but so many of the flaws are easily fixable that it's just glaring me in the face.

9334300
And suddenly remembering that you're a mother, after a decade of indifference and neglect, retroactively bestows diplomatic status on people?

Celestia in general is just a massive hypocrite in this. She didn't give a fuck if Sunset lived or died until she had to personally watch something happen to her and then she goes around like she's been Supermom all along. And she has yet to stop and consider how she might've prevented the whole thing had tried to be a part of her daughter's life again.

"The grace of a meteor." HA!

That is probably my favorite line.

9334308 The Rainbooms' irrational hatred of Sunset was entirely canon. As soon as the photos were published, they turned on her like wolves and called her out in the middle of a school hallway, then refused to listen to anything she had to say. What makes it even more sickening is that in canon, as soon as the CMC confess, they are instantly forgiven.

Basically, it's a dreadfully written comic which doesn't deserve the attention it's gotten. It should have been left to vanish into ignominity, where it belongs.

9334394
Oh trust me, he knows everything you just mentioned. He's currently writing his own take on AAM.

Wanderer D
Moderator

This was a nice little epilogue to wrap things up! I look forward to reading the next story when you get around to it!

9334394 Yes it fits with the comic and yes the comic was shit. But that's kind of the problem.
The fact that the story doesn't take the opportunity to improve upon the comic by actually giving the Rainbooms some kind of reason for their hate towards Sunset, is one of the things where it didn't live up to it's potential.
Any kind of explanation would've been an improvement.
Something as simple as them still secretly holding a lot of grudges against Sunset would've explained a lot about their behavior.

As it stands the Rainbooms aren't really characters in this story.
They're just plot devices to justify moving Sunset from Friendgroup A to Friendgroup B.

I have not read something this simply amazing since I first read the fan fic The Immortal Game. You sir, are just amazing.

And thus closes what has easily become my favorite Anon-a-miss story. The writing, the pacing, the character development. All was spot on! I'm happy to hear that you're planning a sequel in the future and will be eagerly awaiting it.

Great story. Only one problem, though... it desperately needs a sequel

Interesting choice with Shy. Also nice to know Tia didn’t assume her Royal demesne included earth.

9335235
i agree, though give the guy time, Rome wasn't built in a day

9336547
9335258
So, in my defense, since I guess I didn't make this clear enough, I didn't mean right away. It was literally just a cheeky observation and a statement of hope. Sorry if my comment came across the wrong way

Just finished, pretty good story overall.

However

I think you kind of messed up with the Princess Celestia as mom trope. It felt pointless when first introduced, and then fell totally flat when basically nothing came of it (except the punishment, which is a whole other can of worms)

Because really if Celestia was her mother and loved her to the point of being ready to destroy the whole world over her death its hard to accept that Celestia didn't follow her back through the mirror at the first sign she was alive, much less after the events of either movie. It is such a huge overbearing plot point that it really needs to be if not the focus at least a major (like whole chapters should be about them reconciling/ reconnecting) to be used, well without feeling tacked on for extra feels.

The only way I can see moving forward to fix this flaw would really be to have a sequel that is more or less split on the DerpyxSunset and the re connection of Celestia and Sunset as a family. You can turn this stumble into a very useful asset for the next story. (because it would be absolutely insane for Sunset to still be living with Derpy after this, since Celestia should be providing her with enough bits to afford to live)

As to the other can of worms I mentioned before. Celestia, (unless you are going to explain that she has some kind of treaty with the government of the mirror world) for all intents and purposes has abducted three people from the mirror world and unilateral (again unless she has a treaty) punished them for crimes not even commented in her nation, and she and others from Equestria have been using this world as a dumping ground for dangerous criminals and artifacts. Now I know that the EQG world isn't the real world, but it is clearly supposed to be mostly based on real world settings, and what she has done (without any kind of treaty/meeting with the local government) would be potentially grounds for going to war with Equestria. (especially if it somehow gets out, Cough cough*Discord* cough, that she was on the verge of effectively nuking a city and only luck stopped her)

This can be dealt with as simply as

Sunset nudged her mom as her new friends were all busy looking at the stain glass windows, "Are you sure it's okay to bring Sweetie Belle Apple Bloom and Scootaloo here? The humans of (insert pun name here) have all kinds of laws about how to punish crimes, they don't play as fast and loose as Equestria does.
Celestia smiled down at her daughter so glad to see her thinking though consequences of actions, "Do not fret my Little Sun, I have long had arrangements with the leaders of (insert pun name here), I have informed them of the situation and they were glad to allow me to handle the after I informed them of our relationship." (insert more if you want to give more details or have one of the visitors interrupt and move on)

Or I guess you can just ignore and move on, it isn't really a story ruining plot-hole, more of a nitpick.

9338577
The impression I have from the Epilogue is that Celestia's punishment of the CMC was a private arrangement that she made in advance with their parents/guardians. With prior parental permission, and with the punishment Celestia planned for them actually having been the suggestion of EQG Granny Smith and agreed to by the other guardians, there isn't any kidnapping or need for dealing with the authorities in the EQG world in this particular matter.
That's actually a good thing for the CMC, given their legal position and the evidence against them. This way they're avoiding an open and shut police prosecution and conviction, permanent records of criminal behaviour, and are out of reach of the other vindictive brats at their school until tempers have had a chance to calm down. They're even going to have their education continued while serving their sentence. Their parents undoubtedly were thinking about all of this when they spoke to Celestia.

You definitely have a point, or three, or four I know of so far, about the use of the mirror as a convenient garbage dump though.

Login or register to comment