• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,331 Views, 2 Comments

Elseworld: My Little Pony - madhat886



Rorschach ends up in a humanized My Little Pony Friendship is Magic world.

  • ...
17
 2
 1,331

1

Ponyville –

Rorschach's journal date '17 November 2010, been almost a year since, I came to this world. Found myself after Manhattan teleported me in the Everfree forest. Was found by a young woman who has pink hair. She brought me to her isolated home in the woods. Her name is Flore Shy and she’s a student at the local high school but works as a vet and looks after animals of the forest. She doesn’t like being around other people, finding animals better to be around. Can’t blame her. She called in one of her friends who also lived in the woods by herself, Zecora Dale a dark skin woman with odd black and white strip hair kept in a Mohawk. Turns out that her people ever rarely come up from the northern lands. She’s the local witch doctor who uses her skills to make potions. They used one of her potions to heal me.

After, I was healed, I left them. Needed to learn where, I was. Learned that, I was in the land of Equestria that’s been ruled by a royal family since it was founded. And this version of Earth is much different from mine. This world is much different from my old one. The land masses for one are completely different from my worlds, so countries are either completely different or just isn‘t there. Some places are advance as back home while others like the town of Ponyville is more rural reminding me of how things use to be like back home. The train that runs through Ponyvile is a steam powered one. There are cars but are rarely seen outside of big cities. The only cars, I have seen in Ponyville are few as most people just walk or use the train for long trips. There are some trucks and pickups around as this is a farming town. There is power and some places have hand held computers. But it seems that TV isn’t that big around here yet as most entertainment is still radio.

This world is a lot more relaxed, peaceful and tolerant in many ways, but it's not without it's issues either. The crime here is small, if there’s more then five murders in a year in Equestria for them means which would labeled the place where the murders happen to be a high crime area. The worse that has happen here in Ponyville since, I came is someone stealing bake goods. Which turned out to be the twin children of the baker.

Since coming to this world, I haven’t put on my face. There’s no reason to. The crime that does happen here are handled by the police who do their job as they should. Besides they wouldn’t like how, I would handle things. And there’s no real reason to. Why break the arms of a litter bug? I done horrible things to people over the years but never for something like that.

Had to find a job, with no gang members or drug dealers to steal from had to make a living. I became the game warden of Everfree Forest as it turns out no one wanted to work in the forest. Tales of wild beast kept people at bay. Timber Wolves and Ursa Majors could be found in the woods. But are easy to deal with as the wolves are scared off by the sound of pot and pans. The Ursa which is what they call bears here, are scared of fire. Spending time alone with no people around, seems to be doing me some good. Not always looking around or knowing there’s danger everywhere you turn.

Not much happens around here in the forest besides the people who have to use the road near here to get to the badlands where the gems can be found. Seems that gem stones are more common then in my world. Did some research and found out that the gems of this world are some kind of crystallized rock that grows like fungus. Doesn’t mean they’re not worth anything as they’re commonly are grounded into powder to make gem ore. That can be melted and use as a replacement for metal, as it’s stronger and lighter then the metal counterparts. The gems also have many other uses in everyday life, the cars around here run on a fuel made from gems. Turns out one of the most common gems once turn into powder and made into a liquid burns like oil. And there is a market for the rarer gems which are used in jewelry or on clothes.

The rarer gems are much harder to find so are worth more bits. There are some farms that are rock farms that grow gems, inside of rocks. The gems before they form would first form a rock and the gems would grow inside. And they grow much faster in a barren land free of plants. But that is a hit or miss as only every now and then one of the rocks would grow a rare gem instead of the common gems. (1)

Not much happens here. The only real news that, I took an interest in is that the two heirs of Equestria are coming here to Ponyville. Seen their pictures in the paper, the eldest Celestia and her younger sister Luna. Both are still young adults of 21. Still feels strange with so many different colors of hair that the people here have. Both are twins and both have claims on the throne. So their parents are sending them here to learn how to rule. They will stay at the old capital of Canterlot before it was relocated to New Canterlot after a fire that damage most of the city. The old palace that’s built on the mountain side that can be seen from Ponyville. Each sister would govern over half of the lands around Canterlot and the sister who shows herself to be able to rule would gain the throne. Not a bad idea. Ponyville will fall under the rule of Celestia.

People wonder what’s going to happen. Two heirs trying to show that they should be crown as the new queen, is never a good thing. Got to wait and see what happens first. If it gets bad. I put my face back on.

!

Author’s Notes -

1 - I can’t think of anything else that would explain why Pinkie’s family would have a rock farm.

!