• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 1,634 Views, 76 Comments

The Janitor of Canterlot Castle - Lavaman



A colt named Pillows is a janitor and his life stinks.

  • ...
2
 76
 1,634

Magical Chores

Oh Celestia. I wasn't gonna like this one bit. I decided the best thing to do first was to get the flaming crapper out of Luna's bedroom first. How somepony is capable of setting a porcelain bowl on fire I will never know, and don't want to find out.

I knock on her door and hear her annoying voice say "COME IN!". After that, I hear the spilling of coffee on a carpet. I wasn't prepared for what was inside. Her entire room was one giant coffee stain; her bed was soggy, her curtains were soggy, her everything was soggy. I just stood there with my mouth open. "I CAN CLEAN IT UP!" she screamed, hopelessly dabbing at her dresser with a cloth.

I just ignore her stupidity and head into her bathroom with the fire extinguisher. Let me say right now, this fire must be like the eternal flame or something. It has been burning at full strength for over twenty four hours. After I extinguish the eternal porce-flame, I notice her bathroom. It too is a giant coffee stain. "How much coffee does this idiot try to drink in one day?" I think to myself. I then put the new toilet into its rightful place, and polish it off with a dirty rag, making small smudge marks on the seat. Sit your butt on that, stupid. I head out the bathroom, and Luna has made the smallest dent in her dresser.

That only took about forty minutes. Good, I'm shooting for time to get this done early. I then move my attention to the ninja-infested, poop-exploded restroom. I'm trying to get the dirty jobs out of the way, if you can't tell. As I walk in, I see sleek tile floors, pungent stalls, and slightly dirty sinks. In the center of the restroom, as usual, are the ninjas. Again, I wasn't prepared for this. The ninjas had crapped all over the place, as well as peeing on it, too. They cleaned out their bowls and bladder everywhere except the toilets. Little pieces of crap. The situation was even worse when I counted about fifty ninjas. Of course, when I walked in, they had scurried all over the place. "Time to get to work."

I throw a single shuriken on the floor and about ten dive for it. I grab my net and scoop all but one of them up. The one I didn't get got the star, but I grabbed him with my teeth anyway. He was struggling, and even cut me with the shuriken on my cheek in the process. Got to fix that later. I throw them out the window, and then tend to my cheek. The wound is pretty deep, but I wash it with soap and water anyway, and put a bandage over it. Now to deal with the other retards. Now, I didn't tell you this, but they also love sushi. But, sushi is rare, seeing as ponies are herbivores and fish are sentient like us. Luckily, I know a guy who knows a girl who knows her husband who knows his uncle who knows this guy's grandpa who knows this guy's cannibal who knows this guy's lumberjack who got me a big bag of sushi. In the process, and I quote, he called me a "Stinkin' little, good fer nothin' carnivore." The twenty bits shut him up.

So, I throw about five pieces in the middle of the room, they scurry towards it, and I catch them then throw them out the window. I repeat this until they're all gone. One of my friends, whose name is Gremlin, asked me where all the ninjas come from. I just told them they spawn from little demon rats that live in the sewers and basements. To be honest? I have no idea. They just sorta pop up everywhere in the castle.

Anyway, I got to the stall with the turd-covered walls. It reeked like my old teacher at the orphanage. There was poo everywhere you could think; in the toilet, out of the toilet, on the toiler paper, on the ceiling, anywhere that poop could land on. I began to scrub it with a large cloth and a mask on. The stink was still too bad for me, and I was tearing the whole way through the process. Finally, after four whole hours, FOUR WHOLE HOURS OF SCRUBBING DOO DOO OFF OF EVERYTHING, I was finished. That toilet probably looked brand new and was there for another pony to crap all over. I look at the clock on the wall, and see I have about an hour left until I go home. Might as well get started on those coffee stains in Luna's hallway.

So I do that. Nothing much happens, really, except that Luna gets some coffee and spills it right on the spot I just cleaned. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose.

After that one hour of vigorously scrubbing out Luna's oopsies, I hear the quitin' bell and clock out. I go home, to my wonderful apartment, and eat some more Ponytarts before going to bed. I just went straight to bed; I was that tired. Day one of my mission is complete.

---

As per usual, my alarm clock woke me up, and I got ready for work and such. Nothing amazing happens during the mornings, so why bother really describing them?

Getting to the meat of this sandwich we call a story, I arrived at work an hour early, as there wasn't a single thing on television. Damn infomercials. I clocked in, dawned my uniform, and went back to the hallway between Luna's bedroom and the kitchen. I have now dubbed it "The Coffee Hallway", as there are too many coffee stains to count. I turned the corner into the Coffee Hallway, and I dropped my bucket and sponge. By some retarded miracle, Luna was able to stain the entire carpet over night. No way in hell I'm cleaning all that.

I went to Celestia's supply closet to get another rug. I did as the letter instructed, and didn't touch a single thing in her bedroom but the floor and the door to the closet. I decided that I might as well take inventory now, since I'm here. I opened the door to closet, and it was actually smaller than the rumors suggested. It was literally just as small as my "office". There was a simple slot in the far wall, about as big as my head. There was a touch pad next to it, that looked all futuristic.
The touch pad had only a couple options to choose from: Take Inventory and Get an Item. I touched 'Take Inventory' with my front hoof, and a loading screen popped up. In a matter of mere seconds, it reached 100%, and an automated voice, much like my alarm clock, spoke from some unknown source "Inventory complete. No items are needed presently." This is some pretty cool technology going on right here! Either that, or its magical. I could care less.

After I took inventory, I hit "Get an Item". The same automated voice came on. "What item would you like to receive?" A tile in the ceiling slid open, and a microphone supported by a metal pole came down in front of my face. "Uh... hallway carpet?" I said hesitantly. The same exact carpet from the Coffee Hallway appeared in the slot. I simply grabbed it, and put it on my back.

I trotted back into the Coffee Hallway, and stopped when I saw Luna with some coffee in her magical aurora. I hid behind the corner, as I was curious to see what she does with it. She was about to reach her room, when she tripped over air. Air, I tell you! She lost her concentration, and the coffee spilled on the already soiled rug. She looked down and said "Mr. Slippers! Why thou trippest me?" All of a sudden, a striped purple cat materialized out of thin air. Hey, that cat seems familiar... "Why thou comest from thy Alice in Wonderland book? I shall never know the answer, I presume..." The cat jumped on to her back, and he looked in my direction. His tail then wrapped around his ears, and he took them off like a hat, while having a giant, yellow smile. I whispered to myself "I don't wanna know." And began to work on replacing the carpet in the Coffee Hallway.

Since that was finished, I simply had to mail the letters to other leaders of countries. I found the letters sitting on a desk in my office, and I put them in a saddle bag she left out for me as well. I then exited the castle, going to the post office.
There's only one small post office in all of Canterlot, and many citizens have been demanding that either the post office gets bigger, or another one be constructed in its place. Sadly, the complaints that Celestia has been getting all get torn up by ninjas in the castle's mail room. Now it makes sense why she never wanted my to get rid of those ninjas!
I arrived at the post office, and began to place the letters into their proper spots. I waved at the post pony as I left the building, because I think he was an orphan like me many years ago. Anywho, I begin to walk back to the castle. By now, it's already five o'clock, and the sun is beginning to set. I make it back to castle safely, and realize I finished all those chores in only a matter of two days. I decide I should check the Coffee Hallway to make sure Luna hasn't spilled anymore coffee, and she hasn't. The door to her room is slightly ajar.

I know I shouldn't, but I peek inside. Luna is sitting on her balcony, watching the last brilliant rays of the sun as they set. She is petting the odd cat I saw earlier today, sitting in silence. I begin to leave when she says "You know, 'tis rude to linger in thy doorways. Please come sittest by me."

Well, I officially feel awkward. I walk in and sit by the alicorn, watching the sun as well. Somewhere on this earth, there is another alicorn controlling that sun with her awesome magic. And that's how I end my day, I sit next to Luna, watching the sun set.