• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 1,634 Views, 76 Comments

The Janitor of Canterlot Castle - Lavaman



A colt named Pillows is a janitor and his life stinks.

  • ...
2
 76
 1,634

Dreary Dwellings

I flicked on the moldy switch and the light slowly, but surely, flickered on to reveal the Celestia forsaken place known as my home. Octavia walks in and she appears like she is trying her best not to touch the floor of the apartment. I even thought I heard her say "I wish I were a pegasus right now." under her breath. After finally settling down and getting used to the many insects happily crawling around my floor she says "It's.... lovely?"

"Eh, I know it isn't a mansion, but it's home crappy home." I jump onto my sofa and pat on the cushion next to me. Octavia looks at me and asks "Is it safe to sit on?" I respond "I'm not dead, am I?" She slowly sits her rump on the couch and takes a sigh of relief that she didn't get attacked by rabid raccoons in the process. I find the remote in its usual place, the arm, and flick on my old television. Unlike Couch Potato, I don't turn my volume all the way up.

The television turns on and its on the news. I try my best to find a channel that has something not as boring as a freakin' rock. Guess what? Not a single thing fun on. After a few more boring minutes of trying to find a program that had at least the fun of watching paint dry, my TV said "Screw you, buddy!" and totally crapped out on me. Octavia looked shocked. "Don't worry, I barely use the thing anyway."

On the outside, I looked as solid and calm as Chuck Pony Norris fighting a whole armada of Changelings. On the inside, it was more like this:

"Oh craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! What the heck am I gonna do?!?!? I don't wanna bore the heckles out of Octavia! Quick, Pillows, think of something; say something!"

"So Octavia, ya like Bran Crunch?" And then my brain said: What the heck was that? You're possibly the world's biggest retard! "Hey, you're the one who makes me the retard, retard. That shut it up. I was afraid to look at Octavia, dreading she would slap me or something. Hey, she went all crazy when I found out who Silent Chuck was, so I don't know what to expect. All she did was giggle. A great sigh of relief.

After a while, we decide just to chat for a bit and then we call it a night. As I head to my bed and but my ear muffs on, I see that Octavia is still here, looking over me. "It's so late and I don't want to be caught out at this time." She just smiles with the biggest of grin at me. My heart was beating so fast I thought I was having a heart attack. I slid over and she crawls inside. Now I think my heart has popped and I'm internally bleeding.

I wake up the next morning extremely happy. I made certain to wake up before her and shut off my alarm. I then do my usual morning routine as I get ready to go to work. During all of this, I keep checking to see if she has woken up yet. Soon, it comes time to go to work, and I decide I must wake up Octavia.

"Octavia. Octavia. Octavia! OCTAVIA!" I yell as I push on her with my fore hooves. She slowly opens her eyes and yawns as she says "Good morning." Now, to be honest, the greatest cellist in all of Equestria looks like she put her hair through a taffy machine. "Hey, you can get ready and all that stuff here, but I gotta go to work right now! Bye!" I say as I walk out the door.

Yet another grueling day trudges on past. I return home to find my usual surroundings. No wait. Something seems different. It smells different, it tastes different, it hears different, it sees different! The whole place looks brand new, and there isn't a single blemish anywhere. My eyes set upon Octavia as she jumps up and says "Surprise!" I think my jaw hit the floor. "You did all of this?" She smiles and nods.

Everything is spotless. Not a thing of mold in sight. The bathroom is impeccable and actually works! The kitchen is stocked with more than just Brand Crunch and everything works! The bed doesn't smell of mold, and actually works! She even went out and bought a new TV that gets a trillion channels. "Octavia, I don't know how to repay you; heck, I don't know what to say!"

"Don't. I don't want anything in return." At this point she had come into my personal bubble. And that's when it happened. Her lips touched my lips. It was wonderful. My entire body was filled with a warmness that was indescribable. When she was finished, all she did was say "Good night, Pillows." and walked out the door. I was still standing there. My lips were longing for more. My heart had surely stopped. My brain had gone on vacation. I was about the same as a vegetable at that moment.

Even though my brain was gone, it left a note saying: "I think you got a girlfriend."

Author's Note: Do you think this chapter was better than my previous ones? I would love for you guys to rate them!
-Freeze