• Published 8th Mar 2017
  • 758 Views, 65 Comments

The Lost Changeling - AizakkuHorooee



A changeling lands in a completely unfamiliar location, one that is not the best place to land at for her, especially when sent flying through the air potentially for thousands of miles. How will she ever make it out?

  • ...
2
 65
 758

Chapter XIX - Built From Over the Decades

When I light my horn, I gesture Chrysalis to lean down slightly.

What results is sorting out the many memories I have.

The first of them is when I first hatched. At the time, two changelings, one normal size, and the other like that of Chrysalis now, had come to the many eggs split around me. Suddenly, I was floating and was drawn closer to the two.

”What do you think? What should we name her?”

“Y’know, Chrysalis. I was thinking of... Carve. I just know this grub will be able to pave our way to feed the hive. Carve... welcome to the hive.”

“How do you do it, Areola? How do you name your subjects?”

“Perhaps I may tell if you accept my offer to be your mentor?”

“Really? You’d do that?!?”

“You have been my top drone, Chrysalis. You’ve done so much for the hive, I feel that the right decision is to let you step up. Will you take the opportunity to be my apprentice?”

“Yes. YES!!! Thank you so much, Queen Areola!!!”

And the two had hugged.

The second memory is of that one day: the day that haunts changelings to this day. In the morning, Areola had planned to finally let Chrysalis invade a town of her own while she went to Canterlot. Chrysalis chose Ponyville and led a third of the hive there while the rest followed Areola. My thirteen year old self was looking forward to the results.

”Chrysalis! You’re b-”

I stopped to study her, causing me to gasp from smelling sadness radiating from her.

”Chrysalis! What’s going on?!?”

“I... have to... rest...”

“Oh no. Someone!!! Anyone!!! HELP!!!”

“We’re on it, Carve...”

I gasp at the front drone behind Chrysalis.

”What’s going on?”

“Nearly all of the Canterlot drones had sustained injuries: same with nearly half of the drones from Ponyville. We’ll make sure that Chrysalis gets the care she needs before she rules.”

“...Before she rules? What are you talking about, Cervix?”

“She needs to be queen! She’s Areola’s apprentice! That is until today!”

“Oh no! Do you mean...?!?”

“Yes. Along with Simmer and Hollow, Areola is gone. No other losses were reported.”

In the following week, the third memory, I had lost all reasoning and didn’t leave my nest. After that, the caregivers had taken me to a different level of the hive. By that time, I lost all motivation to speak Equestrian. To add on to the depression infested week, Chrysalis actually almost died she was injured so badly. When she finally gotten to a stable condition, the caretakers had noticed that I could no longer speak Equestrian because I was so depressed from the loss. Finally, had Chrysalis not made it, Thorax would’ve been chosen to be ruler of the hive, since kings were very rare.

However, because of that week, I learned how to make a couple of cocoons: Capsulation, Healing A and Healing B, leading to the fourth memory: my cocooning years. I made cocoon after cocoon as I scouted throughout the hive to feed on love from nearby wildlife and heal injured newborns. Every so often, I would check up on how Chrysalis is doing. Each time, she was still recovering from her injuries, although the later part of the second year saw some actual progress beginning. At one point, I was even told that I was the only changeling to regularly see how Chrysalis was doing.

The fifth memory, spans a wider period of time, which were my invading years. When Chrysalis was fully recovered, she had made the plan to start in Dodge Junction as she was a little rusty on her tactics from one thirteen. After that failed, not as badly though, Chrysalis straight up went to Ponyville, where reluctantly, she gave me the position of reporter and eroder, to report hidden records of points in time after the last invasion onto that specific place.

Then, it comes. Canterlot, the March of this year, the wedding of Shining Armor and Cadence. The last invasion before I was sent to Rolling Acres. Apparently, I was out cold before I first came to for six weeks afterwards, that is at the most. When I found myself in Rolling Acres at first, I didn’t know what the place was called. All I knew was that I had to get out before I died from feeding on negative emotions. When I came back, I found the bandages I currently have, on my hooves. Rusty had put them on me and had stayed in Rolling Acres for three weeks. Then, I met him and we explored.

“Stop! Stop!!! STOP!!!” Chrysalis yells, causing the memories to fade away.

When I look at her, her cheeks are filled to the brim with a stream of tears under each eye. When I feel my own, they too are wet. I look at Chrysalis.

“Chrysalis! Are you alright?!?”

“Enough memories!!!”

“This was exactly why I needed your complete permission, so that I would know fully well that you would be able to bear the chance of reliving any part of your rise to power. I was trying to sort through my memories to find the one I needed to show you.”

Chrysalis looks at me, emitting the strongest sadness I had ever seen, even more so than on January thirteenth.

“Even in the worst of your situation, you still had tried to call me for help, and have noted of what I had promised before. I have failed you, Carve. But I will make it up to you. Whichever place in Equestria your friends live, the hive will be ordered to steer clear of that location. That is if you still want to live with those two ponies.”

“Oh. Okay, if that’s what you want. But if you make that so, then I will be insistent that I visit the hive frequently. I’m very sorry about everything I did to you. If I could travel back to tell myself never to say or do all that, I would. I won’t act like that to you anymore.”

I hug Chrysalis, causing her to rub my back.

“You are forgiven.”