• Published 28th Feb 2017
  • 1,981 Views, 89 Comments

Report on the Occult Energies of Equine Commradery - SaltyVampireHorse



Peridot is stuck in Equestria, good thing shes got her handy-dandy tape recorder!

  • ...
4
 89
 1,981

Log Date: 7 30 3, Subject: The "Fluttershy"

Log Date: 7 30 3

Subject: The “Fluttershy”

Audio Recorded by: Peridot Facet-2F5L Cut-5XG

“This report is to serve as a sincere apology to the “Fluttershy”, one of the “Twilight’s” compatriots. To recap my previous encounters with her; the “Fluttershy” is a Pegasus, who is exceedingly gifted with taming the wild and savage beasts of Equestria. Using the power of her “Glare” ability, she is able to terrify beasts into submission and then take control of their minds… at least that was my initial belief. I mistook the “Fluttershy” as a pony of malicious intent, what with her being so kind and compassionate. I recall the times I took up residence in Steven’s bathroom. The paranoia of being within enemy territory was overwhelming, and being protected by nothing more than a thin slab of wood was… frightening. I believed the “The Fluttershy” wished to lure me into a false sense of security, which would end in her betrayal and my ultimate demise. Her army of savage beasts was concerning, but her excessively kind and gentle demeanor was more than enough to induce a healthy level of skepticism. The “Twilight Sparkle” as well as the “Cutie Mark Crusaders” made accusations that I was overreacting to the situation. I disregarded the “Twilight Sparkle’s” advice to merely confront her and explain the matter. Instead, I decided to observe her and my observations revealed interesting data.

While indeed the “Fluttershy” is a Pegasus, she prefers to spend her time on the ground. While she is not incapable of flight, it is clear via observation that her wing anatomy is rather weak, particularly when compared to most other members of the Pegasus species. Furthermore, I stand corrected on one key matter: the “Fluttershy” is not amassing an army to lay siege to Equestria. She is, in fact, a humble caretaker of the wild life. Using her unique ability to communicate with the feral creatures of this dimension, she is able to assist them and tend to their injuries. I asked her why she bothers to waste her time on lesser lifeforms, to which she replied that it made her happy. Clearly, spending a majority of her time has stunted her social development, as she appears to have tremendous difficulty maintaining a conversation and misunderstands most social etiquette on the basest of levels. Observations also reveal that she expresses high degrees of fear and anxiety for very, very trivial phobias. However, one thing about the “Fluttershy” eluded me for quite a while: if she is so appallingly weak, timid and fearful, why is she so keen to express her demeanor with utmost altruism? I had no choice but to confront her and discuss the issue with her in person. It was at this time that I learned how similar she and I truly are… *Inhales deeply*... we are both weak and frightened! Frightened of what others expect of us! how they perceive us! How they all think that you’re just a clod because you’re not as good those lumpy… clumpy… generation 1 Clods!!!”

*Faint sobbing*

“... My apologies… over the course of our discussion, she explained to me something so profound that I doubt even the most knowledgeable thinkers on Homeworld could express it. She said, and I quote ‘It’s true both of us are looked down on because of our flaws, but who cares about flaws when our own strengths shine right through them.’ end quote. For the first time, I have nothing to argue against such a statement. Peridot out… and Fluttershy… thank you, and I...apologize for misjudging you.”

-Transmission ends