• Published 10th Feb 2017
  • 826 Views, 3 Comments

My Love For You Will Never Die, No Matter How Much You Deny Nor Neglect My Strange Affection - Sp1Dank



"Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever."- Mahatma Gandhi

  • ...
8
 3
 826

Slight Night Shiver

The thought of losing the one you love can leave a scar in your heart, others might move on and forget. But for some, it can leave their heart empty and fragile for an eternity.

The soft sound of the wind blowing in the midnight moon, the smell of freshly cut grass and the sound of nature in his presence.
This is what Spike felt as he sat by a tree, wearing a black hoodie and a pair of blue jeans. Spike was a young dragon, at age 21 he is still trying to find his place in life. Over the years he watched his beloved friends grow and prosper, he liked every single one of his friends. But he has always felt a strange attraction for one of them, Rarity. Ever since day 1 he had always felt a strange attraction for her.

Her fur, her mane, her voice... it was all so perfect to him. The way her mane swayed in the Autumn breeze and how soft and soothing her voice felt to his ears. He felt so complete having her in his presence and he hopes one day they can spend the rest of their lives together.

But he knew she was a Pony and he was a Dragon, "it just wouldn't work out." These were the words everyone told him and it made him lose hope in ever being with her. Everyone knew about his crush on Rarity since the day he attacked the city on his birthday 5 years ago. Twilight, being the blabber mouth that she is managed to have everyone in the city know Spike's secret crush on Rarity. But still managed not to tell Rarity herself or have Rarity find out through outside rumors.

Over time, he has tried dating other dragons in his area but none caught his attention like Rarity did. Even if Rarity was way out of his league, he still manages to believe he has a shot with her. Somehow every time he dated another dragon he keeps remembering Rarity and can't get her out of his head. He loves her... No matter how hard he tries to fight the urge to move on, he just can't. For some reason he found ponies more attractive than dragons, it might had something to do with Twilight's magic when she hatched Spike. Which gave him more interest in ponies more than dragons.

"Why am I like this?... WHY AM I LIKE THIS!?" ,he yelled out to the night not saying it to anyone in particular.

As his love for her grew, he began to act more like a Pony and less like a Dragon. He developed pony habits and ditched his natural Dragon traits. Sometimes he just wishes he could be a pony, it didn't matter for how long or what the price was. He just wanted to win Rarity's heart, but he knew very well she will never accept his feelings.

Over the years he kept questioning his existence, he didn't want to go on with his Dragon life if it meant he couldn't win the heart of his love. He tried so hard to impress Rarity anyway he can. Even pretending to have an interest in fashion just to help her in the her home and be close to her. He went gem hunting with her to find new gems for her designs, not only to be with her but to also have a snack while he is at it.

But now that they have grown older, they stopped doing old traditions they used to do. With Rarity expanding her brand to Canterlot, she is rarely ever home. Spike missed the good old days were he went out Gem hunting, exploring and having fun adventures with Rarity. But times have changed, they have grown older and developed new hobbies. Since Rarity left for business in Canterlot, Spike found free time to draw, color, and paint. He also loved spending time alone without Twilight bugging him about work or chores. Spike isn't the same Spike he used to be, he changed.

Spike never takes walks alone at night in the park nor wear clothes in that matter. But now he felt he needed to take a break, It was a cold night under Luna's Moon. So he came prepared with a black hoodie, he bought in Canterlot a few years back. To his surprise it still fit him, as he sat by the tree he took time to analyze the river beside him.

All he could see was Rarity, Rarity was in the sky, Rarity was in the water. All he could see was Rarity, he couldn't get his mind off of her.
"What's the point?... She will never love me... SHE WILL NEVER LOVE ME!... NEVER" *sob sob*

He threw a pebble viciously in the river, seeing the ripples of the water as the pebble sank. He felt shivers down his spine from the cold air and his heart breaking. He threw on his hood over his head and adjusted his head in his arms and crossed it over his scalely head. He started to cry and wiped the tears off his face with his sleeves. Muffling cuss words under his breathe he began to feel the soft cotton of his hoodie reminding him of Rarity's soft coat.

"If only it was her..." *sniff sniff* "That would be the dream."

He could feel her soft fur, breathe her mane. But deep down in his heart he will do anything to have her in his arms.
It was getting late, so he got up from the grass and walked back to the castle. He walked at a slow pace keeping in mind the beautiful sky, he slouched and kept walking. He still lives with Twilight but he is not a minor anymore. So Twilight didn't mind if he was out late, as long as he didn't hurt himself or get into serious trouble.

Spike was crying now...

"If only she knew how much she meant to me..." *sigh*

"Why Luna!? WHY DOESN'T RARITY LOVE MEE!!!??"

Author's Note:

This is my first Sparity fanfiction, hopefully you found the first chapter enjoyable :raritywink:

There is more to come in the future:moustache:

Comments ( 3 )

orig12.deviantart.net/3440/f/2016/235/a/4/unique_sapphire_by_hillbe-daf21ul.jpg

:raritystarry: How do you know she's my Spikey Wikeys?

:twilightsmile: Just a little guess...

:trollestia: Am I missing anything here?

:moustache: Only if you skip those friendship reports...

Comment posted by Sp1Dank deleted Feb 11th, 2017
Login or register to comment