• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 1,476 Views, 14 Comments

Twilight gets a Plushie - Skaltrox Defiance Knight



Twilight gets a strange package in the mail. The thing is, it doesn't say who it's from.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,476

The Plushie

*Knock, Knock*

“Ugh. Of course somepony needs to come by this early in the morning.” Twilight mutters under her breath as she trots in a deliberately slow pace.

Reaching the door, she swings it open and is met with a smallish package shoved right into her face. A grey mail pony with odd looking eyes, from behind the package gives a small greeting before announcing her reason for being there. “Package for a…” she looks over her clipboard, “Miss Twilight Sparkle?”

Twilight pipes up at the mention of her name. “Yes, that’s me. But...I wasn’t expecting a package.” She replies with confusion woven into her words. “Who’s it from?”

The mail pony shrugs. “Doesn’t say, Miss. All I can say is that it’s addressed to you.” Twilight briefly ponders who could have sent her a package. “Sign here, please.” the mail pony prompted, tapping at the bottom of the clipboard.

“Oh. Yes. Of course.” Twilight signs the form and the mail pony extends the package toward her again. Twilight takes the package in her aura and stares at it, perplexed.

“Have a wonderful day, Miss Sparkle!” the mail pony waves as she starts to leave the unicorn’s property.

Twilight returns the goodbye and turns around to move back inside, slamming the door behind her. She places the package on the kitchen table and continues to at it stare intently. She half expected it to be a prank from either Rainbow dash or Discord...or both. Twilight shivers at the horrid thought. She was nervous of it’s contents, but she was also curious. She taps the package with a hoof lightly, and reels back, expecting it to bite her or something crazy like that. What could it be? A test from the Princess? Was it a special present from an unknown admirer? Something from one of her enemies?

These questions swirl about in her mind, all seeming plausible (except maybe the last). And thinking upon that, she opens up the package with haste. Removing the lid off of the box inside, she is left with many more questions than answers. Inside the box is a … Plushie? But not just any plushie. One of Twilight herself!

“Wha? Huh?” the befuddled unicorn says.

“A plushie? Of me? But what? Why? How?” Twilight blabbers question after question to herself, not once getting an answer. Twilight levitates the plushie from the box and stares at it with unblinking eyes. It was well made, she could say that with confidence, but it didn’t help the fact that she was unsure why somepony sent it to her. If there was a name she could have asked them why they sent it, but as she knew… that wasn’t an option.

“I need to ask the girls.” She says to herself.

----------------------------------------------------------
“Wait a minute, there, Twilight. Are you asking all of us… if we sent you that plushie of yourself?” Rainbow Dash restates the question Twilight asked her group of friends. “In fact, why are you glaring at me?”

“Because you're the first pony I’d expect to pull a stunt like this.” Twilight emphasizes by showing the plushie to the pegasus.

Rainbow scoffs. “Please. If I sent that, something would have happened by now.” she then gives a mock gasp. “But yet, as you can see. Nothing has happened.” she ends, with a smug grin.

Twilight rolls her eye. “Fine, I’ll just cross out Discord too. (He could’ve done the same).” Twilight looks over to the group and holds up the plushie once more. “Any of you?”

“Not me, Twi. I’d neva send you somethin’ like that without makin’ sure to put mah name down. Besides, I’d just give it to ya mah self. No real point in sendin’ it through the mail if Ah can deliver it in 10 minutes.” Applejack explains with her usual drawl.

“Same here, darling.” Rarity points her hoof at the plushie. “And If I was the one making it, I’d make it no less than fabulous” she adds.

Twilight turns to Pinkie Pie. “Pinkie?” she asks, hovering the stuffed version of herself under the pink pony’s nose.

Pinkie shrugs. “Hmm... I’m strange, I can agree with you on that. But I wouldn’t send you a plushie version of yourself... or any of us here. That’s just too weird, even for my liking, I’m more about sending you candy and other treats through the mail.” she says.

Twilight’s jaw hung open. She doesn’t know which to be more shocked about; Pinkie sending candy through the mail or Pinkie agreeing that she was strange.

The others probably had the same questions as they, too, had slack jaws.

Twilight shakes her mind off of what transpired and returns to her questioning “Fluttershy?”

The shy pegasus shakes her head. Twilight didn’t think she was the culprit but it didn’t hurt to ask. Sighing, Twilight gets up from her seat and begins to depart. “Okay, well, I’m gonna go check with some other ponies. Maybe I’ll get a lead. See you girls later!” she waves as she leaves. (No mean feat for one typically on four legs)

The five friends return the goodbye and watch as Twilight questions random ponies about the plushie.

3 hours later….

“Nothing, Nada, Zilch!” Twilight shouts to herself, frustrated after getting nowhere with her interrogation of random ponies about the origin of the plushie. Dropping the plushie back on the kitchen table, Twilight slams her face down against the counter.

“Ouch.”

“Got nothing, huh?” Spike her assistant asks from the top of the staircase.

His answer is a muffled groan.

“Don’t worry about it.” Spike says, matter of factly.

Twilight lifts her head from the counter and shouts, “What!? Spike I need to know who sent this thing!”

“No, you don’t!” Spike retorts. “You want to know who sent it, but at the moment as you are aware, ‘you’ and your wants have nothing to do with it. Twilight, just let it go. It hasn’t exploded or something like that. It’s just a harmless stuffed toy of yourself. It may just be an admirer… -a really obsessed admirer- but one that was too shy to put their name on the box. They may just have wanted to give you a token of their love.” he says, reasonably.

Twilight remembers thinking that it may of been an admirer. She returns her gaze toward the plushie and curls her lips into a small smile. “I guess you’re right, Spike.” Twilight’s stomach grumbles “How about we start making something to eat?” she asks with a blush.

Spike grins. Leaping off the stairs, he runs into the kitchen to join Twilight.


As the two go about their task, the plushie’s eyes open up to reveal small cameras watching them make their appropriate meals.

Meanwhile in Canterlot castle…

Celestia sits at her throne with a cheshire grin adorning her face. “Excellent, everything is going according to plan.” The ruler pretends to stroke an invisible cat. “Darn, I wish I had a cat with me. it really would've made the moment.”

“Sister, are you trying to spy on Twilight Sparkle again?” Princess Luna enters the throne room, stifling a yawn as she did so.

Celestia’s face slumps into a scowl. “Trying? You mean doing!” She reveals a monitor on her lap, showing what Twilight was doing right at the moment.

Luna acts no differently to what she saw. “Sister, we have been over this obsession you currently refuse to drop. Stop. Spying. On. Ponies!” she demands.

Celestia returns the screen to how it was originally positioned and shouted in a child like manner “Never!”

Luna turns around to leave, letting out a deep sigh as she did. “What am I going to do with you?” she mutters under her breath.

Celestia yells from behind the lunar princess “Oi Luna, can you wrap up these plushies of Twilight’s friends for me? I need them sent in before 6:00pm, that’s when Fluttershy engages in her… ’Special’ time.”

Luna responds immediately. “NO.”

“Aww.”

Author's Note:

I'm a bit low on ideas at the moment and this is something that came off the top of my head...the very top.

Comments ( 14 )

"Special time"":raritywink:

:moustache:uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh twilight .
:twilightoops: yes spike
:moustache:is that a camera?
:twilightoops:

It's not a bad story. I personally enjoyed reading it :)

7926512 Use your imagination. That't why the "teen" tag is there.

How cute, I liked this fic. Good job! :twilightsmile:

7928082 Thanks. Oh great now I'm getting ideas for more silly stories:twilightoops:

7927815 it is ajoke sequel

"Special Time"

I'm wordless and that's saying somthing

7932143

ITS HIGHHHHHHH NOOOOON

Plushie or voodoo doll you decide lol

Login or register to comment