• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 2,187 Views, 19 Comments

A World Without Justice - efug25g



After Starlight Glimmer learned of Twilight's Assassination, she vows to help go back in time to reverse this tragic event, in which also led to a lot of injustice in Equestria.

  • ...
4
 19
 2,187

Chapter 4 - "All Went Well Until...."

After Twilight and I made it back to Ponyville by train, leaving Flash Sentry behind at Canterlot, we immediately went back to Twilight's Castle Library to rest up for the next day. As I studied further and help solved various friendship problems all over Ponyville, I was able to get along quite well with the rest of Twilight's friends. We also went hiking, sailing, swimming, and did other various recreational activities. I can't get enough fun when I was hanging out with most of the Mane 6 and Spike.

In a few weeks later, Twilight was able to help me make amends with an old childhood friend of mine at the Crystal Empire. I remember that I used to have fun with a male unicorn, who had an orange body and mane, named Sunburst. When he got his cutie mark, he was immediately transferred to the School of Gifted Unicorns. I didn't get to see him again, until just recently. It took me a while to make it up to Sunburst. He told me that as long as you have what it takes to learn about friendship and harmony, thanks to Princess Twilight's guidance, things will get good from here on out. Before I knew it, I started to fall in love with Sunburst. Eventually, we both went on various dates around the Crystal Empire during my breaks from studying. So, every time I see him, I started blushing, followed by a small smile on my face. Similarly, when Twilight decides to go out on a break from her royal duties, she usually goes out on a date with Flash Sentry in Canterlot and sometimes, at the Crystal Empire. I always find it pretty funny when they both keep bumping into each other. However, I did my best not to laugh at them, because it'll just attract a lot of unwanted attention.

In a couple of weeks later, I had trouble trying to make a friend that I can relate to. However, when I was at the spa in Ponyville, I ran into another unicorn that I can relate to of my past. That's when I met Trixie Lulamoon. She was a light blue female unicorn with a white mane and tail. She was also wearing a purple magician's outfit, embroidered with stars, and is bearing the cutie mark of a magician's wand. Twilight was having doubts about me being friends with Trixie because of how rude she was before then. Twilight didn't forget about how Trixie displayed her boastful behavior around Ponyville, especially when she thought that she can take on a Ursa Minor, when she kicked Twilight out of Ponyville after loosing to her in a magic duel, and when she enslaved all of Ponyville at her will, much to the dismay of Twilight and the Mane 5. Ultimately, Twilight finally came to her senses after an argument between her and Trixie. After Trixie's performance during her "Equestrian Apology Tour," Twilight finally apologizes to her for getting too carried away with her past. So, that's when my friendship with Trixie truly began.

After studying about friendship for almost 4 months later, I was on my way back from a taking a tour with the Apple Family at Everfree Forest when all of a sudden, Twilight came out of the Castle Library. She told me that she has received a letter from Princess Celestia. The letter said that Twilight was being summoned to Canterlot for an important delegation that requests her and the royal sisters' attendance. I was thinking about coming with her but she turned me down because she told me that this is a matter that concerns only the nobles and the royals of Equestria, as well as its representatives. Before I can say anymore, a royal caravan appeared before us, with Flash Sentry and Gallant Heart as Twilight's personal escorts. Since there is nothing I can do for Twilight, I bid her farewell and wished her good luck, for now. Twilight smiled at me before she went inside the royal caravan and took off, along with Flash and Gallant.

For most of the day until the afternoon, I took a trek around Ponyville to see how the others are doing. Fluttershy and Discord are having tea together as usual. Rarity was busy preparing Sweetie Belle for a sleepover with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Applejack was busy helping Big Mac sell some apples near the Gazebo. Pinkie Pie was planning a party for one of fillies in Dodge Junction. As for Rainbow Dash, she was turning into a mean, angry drunk for some reasons revolving around not being able to join the Wonderbolts. To make matters worse, she took it out on Twilight before leaving the pub that she was drinking at. I hope Rainbow Dash will apologize to Twilight for her drunk behavior. After my trek, I went back to the library to meet up with Spike and Twilight's pet owl named Owlicious. I helped Spike and the owl clean up most of the castle until nightfall. We all went to our rooms to sleep. Before I went to sleep in my guest room, however, I was still thinking about Twilight. I mean, ever since I ran into Blueblood, I'm still wondering: Will Twilight have what it takes to survive the hardships in Equestria as Celestia's co-ruler? Is it really worth being a princess to her? Is Twilight really proud of herself after making changes for every pony in Equestria? All those questions that I have in my head right now will be what keeps me going. I hope all of those doubts will come to pass. I decided to go to sleep in order to clear my head of everything that happened during our tour in Canterlot.

When I woke up first thing in the morning, I saw a blinding flash outside of a nearby window which came from Canterlot. I thought this wasn't anything that I should be concerned with. I went out of my room and went down to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Suddenly, after I finished my breakfast, when I looked outside the window again, there were swarms of Equestrian Royal guard being deployed all over Ponyville. I didn't understand what's going on until the guards rounded up the Mane 5 into the castle that I was in. The next thing I knew, Princess Luna appeared before them. She dropped by the main entrance, bearing very bad news to the Mane 5. I was not prepared to hear what Princess Luna had to say and neither did they. Princess Luna announced to the Mane 5 that Princess Twilight Sparkle has been murdered in her sleep!!!

Shocked by what Luna said, the entire Mane 5 started crying and wailing, believing that they would never see Twilight again. Spike was crying too, after realizing that his adopted mother, Twilight Sparkle, met her untimely demise. Not wanting to have any part of this, I immediately teleported outside behind the castle walls. Unable to keep my emotions in check any longer, I started crying, with tears filling up my eyes, as I looked up to the sky.

"WHY, TWILIGHT?? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE????" I wailed very loud to myself before I started burying my face in my hooves. The next thing I knew, I was laying on the ground, sobbing. I didn't even get very far in Twilight's study. After what I've been through with my teacher, just when all went well until today, I know now that I'll never be seeing Twilight Sparkle again.