• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,400 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends have faced many challenges, but when they meet a mysterious and revenge-seeking pony that has them traveling around other worlds, things start to take a big turn.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,400

PreviousChapters Next
Creating a Crack

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" belongs to Hasbro and DHX Media, while Stardust Balance is owned by the Warrior of Twilight, and Beck was created by FanficFan920

A few hours after leaving Canterlot, the Mane 6 - and Starlight were sitting in their own throne room, with Twilight asking everypony what they thought about her decision.

"I don't see any problem with it, sugarcube," replied Applejack. "Not sure when I'd be able to keep watch over him, but if the chance ever comes, I'd be more than happy to take over for whoever's watchin him at the time."

Everyone else gave their own similar agreements, as well, which made the young princess feel more relaxed in knowing that she was making the right decision, and Rainbow Dash was about to remind Twilight in helping her go from pink to blue when Fluttershy realized something.

"Um… Twilight, where is Casey at?"

The purple alicorn made a gesture towards the door, and replied, "He's taking his turn since Discord's already spent enough time. Why?"

###############

"Ah, I must admit how much I enjoy these calm and peaceful conversations… don't you agree?"

Beck, whose mouth was still covered up with duct tape, simply rolled his eyes while Discord used his magic to make a clock appear beside himself.

"Unfortunately, somepony else is about to take my place, so we'll have to continue this at a later date... but before I leave…"

A sly grin appeared on the draconequs' face as he reached out to grab one end of the duct tape, and in a matter of seconds, Discord swiftly removed it, causing Beck to immediately scream out in pain.

"That was for capturing Fluttershy."

The frustrated green pony glared at Discord, and was about to tell him off when a familiar voice said, "Your time is up, Discord…"

As Casey began walking into the dungeon, the draconequs replied, "Twilight may not have chosen the option of giving you the death penalty… but she never said I couldn't touch you, so… just know that you're in for something a lot worse than duct tape whenever it's my turn again."

Beck just muttered some words angrily under his breath, and Discord looked over at Casey to say, "Got him all warmed up for ya… enjoy!"

Poof!

Once he was gone, Beck let out a groan, and growled, "I'd rather have had Pinkie be the first pony to watch over me in this place."

Casey didn't give him a response; instead, he just looked at Beck with a facial expression that was full of hatred.

"You know, your girlfriend should've killed me when she had the chance," said Beck, with a small smile. "But going from what happened earlier today, I suppose you wanted the honor of doing that?"

"Oh, you have no idea," growled Casey, who was trying his best to remain calm. "And you're lucky these bars are keeping me from-"

Beck interrupted him by letting out a chuckle, and saying, "That's rich coming from a pony who doesn't blame Twilight for losing a loved one."

"What happened to my parents was not her fault," exclaimed Casey, but Beck just shook his head, as if he was missing the big picture.

"So, you can honestly stand there, and tell me that… after realizing your parents were gone… not once did you ever blame your little girlfriend, who didn't even know you, them, me… my family… even existed?"

Instead of answering his question, Casey shook his head, and said, "I'm having someone else come and watch you."

Then, he started to walk away, but stopped after Beck said, "Oh, I get it, then… you're too soft to get angry at her… hell, you're probably too chicken to kill any one, in general… no wonder you didn't say anything back at the-"

"Shut… up… you son of a *****," exclaimed Casey, who was standing in front of his cell again, and a frown appeared on Beck's face.

"What kind of language is that supposed to be?"

"I learned it from somepony," replied Casey. "And just so you know, I have no problem in killing you… except-"

"- you don't want to see what your girlfriend's reaction would be if she came down here to find out that I died at your hooves," said Beck, who was taunting him, at this point. "Like I said, you're just a soft little pony."

Alright, that's it! thought Casey, who had heard enough from Beck, but before he could make an attempt to hurt him, the arrival of Starlight caused Casey to stop.

"Twilight wants to see you," said the purple unicorn, who then looked at Beck. "And I don't have a problem placing something worse than duct tape over your mouth."

While Beck became silent, Casey began to leave, but Starlight gave him a concerned look, and asked, "Are you okay?"

"I…" He started to say, but after taking a closer look into his friend's eyes, Casey's anger level quickly went down, and he let out a sigh. "I'll be fine, Star… thanks for asking…"

"Good… now, go talk to Twilight before she gets worried," replied Starlight, and as he left the dungeon, she turned her attention over to Beck, who raised an eyebrow at the young unicorn.

"Oh, please… what in Equestria can you possibly do to me, teacher's pet?"

################

Casey walked into the library to find Twilight reading the book that he'd started on since having his memory restored.

"Find something interesti - whoa!" He started to say, but Twilight suddenly brought him over to stand in front her. "Um, is everythi-"

"Are you possessed?" asked the young alicorn, but it was in a more concerned tone instead of a demanding one.

Casey shook his head, in confusion, and was about to respond when Twilight took a closer look into his eyes.

"Well… they aren't green or red…"

Then, after taking a few steps back, she flipped through the book (which she had actually written), and Casey asked, "Twilight, what are-"

"Looking through the stuff that my other self told me about regarding a… somewhat similar incident," replied the young alicorn. "I just wanted to make sure you're alright."

Casey started to smile at her, and he said, "Trust me, there's nothing inside of my body that's controlling my actions or anything like that… why would you think I was?"

"Because of what happened in Canterlot," replied Twilight. "You do understand why I made that decision, right?"

The smile went away, and became a slight frown as Casey said, "Well, yes… but look at it in my hooves, Twilight… I watched that pony nearly beat you to a pulp… and now, he's going to be living in a cell underneath us?"

"Yes, and I know it doesn't look right," replied the purple alicorn. "But I want him to realize that I'm sorry for the loss of his loved ones, and it's not my fault-"

"Well, that is probably going to take a while," said Casey, rolling his eyes. "And there's no way I would allow you to go down there by-"

Twilight started to frown, and she asked, "What, you don't think I can take care of myself?"

Casey looked at his girlfriend with widened eyes after hearing her say that, and he said, "Twilight, he almost beat you to… do I have to say it again?"

"But that was after he 'drugged' us with whatever was in his dart," pointed out Twilight. "Along with restraining me to a table, and making sure I couldn't use my magic… now, things are different, so… wait, where are you going?"

"I need to be alone for a moment," replied Casey, who felt himself getting upset again since his mind was showing the memories of Beck attacking her, but Twilight grabbed his front left hoof before he could take another step. "I am not possessed, Twilight…"

"Casey…" replied the young alicorn. "I know you're upset, but this is the right thing to do… I mean, what do you think I would have done if it had been you instead of him?"

Remembering the stuff that Beck had said in the dungeon, Casey's frown became deeper, and he said, "Do not compare me to him, Twilight… he obviously hates you, and I lo…"

However, Casey suddenly found himself pausing after realizing what he was about to say, as did Twilight, and he felt his body starting to warm up.

"I… I lo… I… I… uh… I need some air…"

Then, he hurried out of the library as quickly as possible, and Twilight was about to say something when one of the library books started to vibrate.

Sunset? thought the princess, but after taking it down from the shelf, she learned it was the one that she used to talk with her parallel self, who had asked Twilight if everything was alright.

I thought it was… now, I'm not so sure…


Now that he was out on the balcony, Casey started to walk back and forth.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid… that was the first time I had to tell her I… ugh, stupid, stupid - ack!"

Suddenly, he found himself coughing, and waving his hoof in front of his face. "What the heck… felt like smoke or…"

Then, after he was done coughing, Casey found himself having a flashback to before he'd met Twilight and the others at the Crystal Empire.

##############

"What do you have against Twilight and the others, anyway?" Casey cried. "They never did anything to you!"

"Don't you dare talk back to me, slave," yelled Rowan, who was still using Miles' body. "And if I recall, didn't you tell me that her battle with Tirek caused you to lose your parents?"

Casey gulped, and said, "T-that wasn't her fault, though, it was Tirek who ripped apart the ground... and besides, she had to save Equestria…"

Rolling his eyes, the hooded pony said, "And, of course, while she gets to stay at a shiny castle, you get the short end of the stick!"

KZZZZZTTTT!

Before Casey could say anything, the sinister pony unleashed his lightning attack on him, and exclaimed, "You told me yourself that you'd wished Twilight would one day know what it felt like to lose someone, yes?"

"I… was…" gasped a weakened Casey, and Rowan rolled his eyes.

"You're just pathetic… and better off sticking to having a crush on Twilight cause you'll never be with a pony like her."

###############

After his flashback was over, Casey shook his head, and said, "No, no, no… I'm not letting this happen again."

So, a few minutes later, he was inside of his bedroom, and had somehow been able to create a bag full of pills that he knew would help him.

I have got to get my watch back, thought Casey, who was now dropping a pill in his glass of cold water, which eventually became a dark blue-ish color.

Then, after drinking all of it, he started to feel a little better. "Okay… um… I should probably go back to the library now."

However, instead of finding Twilight, the young pony found himself looking at Pinkie Pie, who said, "Hi, Casey! Whatcha doin'?"

"I was looking for… Twilight… and, um, Pinkie... what exactly is this supposed to be?" asked Casey, looking at what was on the table in front of him.

"A blueprint for my newest party cannon," replied Pinkie. "It should be done by the time we have to start preparing for the Frie- oh, and before I forget, Twilight told me to tell you that she went to talk to her other self, whoever that is…"


Inside of the "Cutie Map/throne" room, Stardust was having a conversation with Rainbow and Applejack when Twilight entered the room, saying, "Jack… there is, uh, somepony who wants your opinion on something."

Before Stardust could ask who it was, another Twilight stepped into the room, and he began to smile. "Oh, hello, Twilight… please tell my girlfriend that she had no reason to worry about your world being in danger."

"Well… um…" replied Twilight's counterpart, who was looking at the bandages around her chest. "There's actually a lot that you, er, don't know of yet…"

Poof!

Then, to everyone's surprise, Stardust was put inside of an energy bubble, and Applejack asked, "Er, why are you doin' that, sugarcube?"

The two versions of Twilight looked at each other, and Stardust's girlfriend replied, "It's so that he won't… uh… do something he might end up regretting one day."

Stardust let out a laugh, and said, "The only thing I regret, love, is having watched anything that involved Equestria Girls… so, what could be worse than that?"

PreviousChapters Next