• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,391 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: A Race Against Time - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends have faced many challenges, but when they meet a mysterious and revenge-seeking pony that has them traveling around other worlds, things start to take a big turn.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,391

PreviousChapters Next
New Arrival, Part 1

As the Friendship Express began to make its stop at the Train Station in the Crystal Empire, Starlight still seemed a little bit nervous.

"Don't worry, Starlight," assured Twilight. "You'll be fine."

Her student gave a smile in response, and once the train stopped, she said, "Yeah... I will be."

Spike stood in front of the doors, and after they opened, he stepped onto the platform. "All right, guys, let's go-"

"It's him, everyone! The heroic Spike has returned!"

The small dragon watched as a large crowd of Crystal Ponies started running towards him. He let out a small gulp, and began to back-up slowly.

"Ok, uh, I think it would be best if-"

Whoosh!

Spike turned around, and saw that Twilight was using her magic to keep the doors closed!

"Seriously?" exclaimed Spike, as he began to bang on the doors. "This isn't funny any- aaauuggghhh!"

The crowd of Crystal Ponies had arrived, and started to take Spike away from the train.

"Guys! Help me! Open the-"

But his sentence was cut off as he disappeared into the crowd, with one of the ponies yelling, "We've got him!"

Then, all of them started to run back to the city, while Twilight stopped using her magic, thus opening the doors.

"I sure do hope he'll be alright," said Rarity.

"Ah, he'll be fine," chuckled Twilight, as she walked out of the train. "Feeling better now, Starlight?"

Her laughing pupil replied, "Yeah, and now I can prepare how-"

"Hi, Princess Twilight!"

*gulp* "Never mind..."

"Hi, Sunburst," greeted Twilight. "Were you there the whole time?"

The magical unicorn shook his head. "Not exactly, I was on my way over when the large crowd just zoomed right past me. Hope Spike's okay."

"I'm sure he will be," replied Twilight. "They'll probably stop at the giant statue they have of him, and ask a bunch of questions and praise him and blah, blah, blah..."

Sunburst chuckled, and said, "Well, as long as - oh, hi, Starlight!"

Twilight turned her head to see her friends pushing a nervous Starlight out of the train, and once she was, Rarity used her magic to stop Starlight from coming back in.

"Oh, um, ha ha, hi Sunburst," said Starlight, giving him a small smile. "How have you been?"

"I've been very well, thanks for asking," replied the orange unicorn. "You've certainly had quite an adventure yourself, haven't you? I sure am glad that Thorax was able to reach you in time."

Starlight let out a sigh of relief, saying, "Oh, you have no idea... I didn't think there would be anyone left to help us."

"Well, I'm glad to see that nothing terrible happened to you or the others."

The light-purple unicorn became surprised at his statement. "You were... worried about me?"

"Of course. You're my best - and first - friend, Starlight. Why wouldn't I care?"

Starlight simply blushed, a little, and said, "Well, I mean, I am touched-"

"Okay, can we get to the birthday party already?" exclaimed Rainbow Dash, as the others followed her out of the train. "I'm starving!"

Sunburst chuckled, and began to lead them away from the train station. "Of course. Shining Armor and Cadence can't wait to see you all, especially Flurry Heart."

As they followed him, Starlight thought to herself, I really hope nothing worse than this happens today.

"Um, Mr. Sunburst, sir?" Everyone looked back at the platform, and saw that the voice was coming from an Earth Pony... that had been flattened like a pancake because of the large crowd.

"No worries, I got this!" Pinkie Pie walked over to him, placing one end of a "bendy" straw in her mouth, and the other into his.

Then, she began to blow air into him as if she were blowing air into a balloon until, eventually, there was enough air for him to...

Poof!

"There ya go!"

The restored pony coughed a few times, and said, "Thanks... ow, my head..."

Sunburst smiled, and said, "Everyone, I would like to introduce you to my assistant, Casey."

"An assistant?" Starlight said, surprised. "Wow. Is Flurry Heart that much of a handful?"

"You'd be surprised," admitted Sunburst. "But he helps out with other things, as well, and it's nice having somepony to give lessons to."

The country-speaking Earth Pony walked over to Casey, and shook his hoof. "Pleasure to meet ya, sugarcube. My name's Applejack, and this is my little sister, Applebloom."

"Howdy, Casey, nice to meet ya!"

Sweetie Belle introduced herself next, followed by Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Starlight, and Rarity.

Then, Twilight came up to him, and said, "Hi, Casey, I'm Twilight Sparkle."

The two of them shook hooves, and Casey said, "It's a pleasure to, um... finally meet you, Twilight."

Rainbow suddenly frowned, and muttered, "He never said that to us."

Applejack looked at her, and she replied, "What?"

Sunburst walked over to stand by the princess, saying, "He's a big fan of yours, Twilight."

Casey began to blush, feeling embarrassed. "I-I mean... well, I've seen so - I mean, heard so much about you... ever since you defeated Nightmare Moon..."

Twilight gave him a warm smile. "You don't have to be nervous, Casey. I enjoy making new friends."

Casey simply nodded his head, which was still red, and whispered, "Um... thanks."

"Wow, and I thought you were the shyest pony in all of Equestria," said Rainbow Dash, looking at Fluttershy.

"Oh, leave him alone," replied Fluttershy. "He can't help it if he has a crush on Twilight."

All of a sudden, everyone except her was now looking at Casey. "Uh-oh, did I... say that out loud?"

While Rainbow Dash slowly started laughing, an embarrassed Casey began to quickly walk away.

"Um, I will just... see you all later..."

Whoosh!

Then, all of a sudden, he took off in a flash, leaving a gust of wind behind.

"I'm sorry," whispered Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash was still laughing silently, to herself, until Twilight gave her a look that made her stop immediately. "Me, too."

Sunburst sighed, and said, "You'll see him later... sorry about that, princess."

"It's fine," replied Twilight. And kind of... sweet, actually..."

"He means well," said Sunburst. "You two would actually make a good pair of friends."

Before Twilight could respond, Rainbow said, "Are you sure not more than friends?"

As she started laughing again, a blushing Twilight rolled her eyes as they continued on with following Sunburst towards the city.

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" belongs to DHX Media and Hasbro

PreviousChapters Next