• Published 17th Jan 2017
  • 1,418 Views, 33 Comments

The Adventures of The Dash - Silver Inkwell



When Rainbow Dash is hit by a lightning bolt her whole entire life starts to change as she has to become the hero that the city needs and deserves, she has to become 'The Dash'.

  • ...
6
 33
 1,418

Things of the Past

Part Three

Rainbow Dash came out of the movie theater with Sunset Shimmer and also Twilight Sparkle who she had finally managed to get some free time from her work in now. And now they had finally finished a very bad horror movie.

"Regular movie scale, that was a seven or an eight. Zombie movie scale, it was, like, a four, tops. And the horror, it was really cheesy to say the least I think,” Twilight said as they walked now. “Wait, there’s a zombie movie scale?”

“Yeah, of course there is, it’s judged and based upon how scary looking and real they are or how accurately they would portray a real-life representation instead, I mean did you guys know that zombies exist in nature for real?”

“No, we didn’t,” Rainbow Dash said, “But now we do, thanks a lot.”

“It’s really an interesting story, but I think I would just bore you guys.”

“Don’t worry Twilight, we don’t mind you going into full nerd.”

“And for that I thank you a lot, but I have to get home now, big day at work tomorrow, and I also need my sleep too,” Twilight said as she left them now.

“Okay, alright, fine then,” Sunset said as she left, “Have it your way then.”

“You do realize that she can’t hear you anymore?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Oh I know, I just don’t care, but I really do like her, a lot,” she said with a very bright smile on her face as
she watched Twilight drive away now then.

“Oh my gosh, you’re in love with her, aren’t you?” Rainbow Dash said now.

“Don’t be ridiculous, why would I ever be in love with her?” she said now.

“Oh I don’t know, she does look pretty cute at certain angles you know.”

“How dare you suggest such a thing, I will have you know that I am a lady.”

“So is she I’m sure, but I don’t think that’s going to stop either of you now.”

“You’re right, I do have feelings for her, but how do I tell her them exactly?”

“Well my general approach is just to tell them straight to the face directly, but I have a feeling that this
might not be the best for Twilight even though she is in science and probably would like a straight direct
message rather than very subtle hints and clues instead, but just write or so something, anything at all, but
just say or do something otherwise she will never know just how you feel.”

“Thanks a lot, I think that I’ll use that the next time that I see her.”

“No problem, you can come to me anytime that you have a problem.”

And with that said Sunset started to throw away her popcorn when Rainbow very quickly grabbed it. “Oh
my gosh, you ate like three bags of this and a whole entire pizza, how are you still hungry after this?”
Sunset said now.

“I don’t know, I just know that I am,” she said chewing on it right now then.


“Well how are you able to still stay so skinny all the time?” Sunset said now.

“Uh, I’ve been jogging very recently, it’s my new hobby,” Rainbow said.

“Huh, I guess that makes sense, but will you be fine on your own?”


“Uh yeah, I have a ride,” Sunset said now then, “Celestia is going to be picking me up because Luna is going
to be busy right now. But I really do have to talk to her about letting me have a car now that I’m old enough to drive.”

“Yeah, you really should,” Sunset said pulling out her cell phone as it rang, “Hold on please, it’s a very old
friend of mine, just give me a moment.”

And with that said she did, but then her cell phone rang as well too then.

“What is it exactly? What’s the danger?” she said ready to run now then.

“Uh code 237 to your West, but hurry, it isn’t good,” Soarin said now.

“Public Indecency? Well of course it’s not good,” she said very confused now.

“Uh I think that was supposed to be 239,” Soarin said now.

“Dog leash violation?” Rainbow Dash said as she glanced over at Sunset to see that she was still talking on
her phone. “No, bad guy with a gun, go right now!”

And with that said she did as she very quickly darted to her west now.

“What car is he in exactly?” she said looking around at the traffic now.

“Blue, and also the one being chased by police cars!” Soarin shouted.

“I knew that,” she said as she quickly went into the car and then suddenly the guy wasn’t in his car anymore
as it rolled to a stop and the police officers went out to examine it but only saw that it was empty instead. “Where did he go?” one of them said, but then suddenly they heard a very muffled quiet sound from behind them and they turned to see the man cuffed up in the back of their car now. “What the hell?” one of them said very shocked and surprised now. But Rainbow Dash didn’t stick around to see their reactions and facial expressions and very confused comments as she quickly went back to the theater and just in time too as Sunset suddenly hung up her phone now.

“Who was that on the phone exactly?” Rainbow Dash said very curiously now.

“Just a very old friend of mine, but she dialed me for no important reason.”

“Well of course not, why would she?” Rainbow Dash said smirking now then.

“Uh, yeah, right, anyhow I think your ride is here now,” Sunset said pointing to princess Celestia as she
drove up in a very fiery red hot orange and yellow car now. “Yeah, well I guess I’ll see you later then,”
Sunset said waving goodbye now as Sunset said. “You really should consider buying me a car very soon.”

“Why and what would that be for exactly?” she said focused on the road now.

“Well it would help the appearance that my life I back to normal and regular again, and it is also kind of
weird not having one to get around even if I could run everywhere if I wanted to, but I’m just concerned when they will start asking questions about how I get around so fast all the time,” she said now.

“Yeah, well I’ll think about it, but I’m not making any promises, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, have it your way, I’m just saying something,” she said.

“I know that you are, but please, just give me time for this, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, you win, I’ll give you some space and time too.”

“Good then, now when we get home remember the rules, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, no hero business, go to bed, I know all that stuff already.”

“Good then, that should make it easy for you to obey me then.”

“Yeah, until I can get a job so that I can finally move out at last,” she said.

“Hey, at least you don’t have any rent to pay, yet,” she said smiling now then.

“Hey, was that a threat I heard?” Rainbow Dash said slightly afraid now.

“No, not really, I’m just saying that you should get your life together, that’s all.”

“Hey, college is out because that’s boring even if a bit fun, and school is still out as an option for me too,
not this girl, she wasn’t sports and action and also adventure too, and being a hero of the whole entire city is a very good place to start off. But honestly don’t pressure me into something that I don’t want to do,
okay? Because I’m not going to do anything that I hate or dislike at all, ever.”

“Wouldn’t high school be something that you disliked?” she said now.

“Well technically the government says that it was my job so I had no choice in the matter, but now I do, and
what I say is what’s really important to do first.”

“Ok, okay then, fine, alright, that makes sense, your logic and reason are sound,” Celestia said pulling into
the front driveway of their house now.

“Well then, I’m tired, I better get some sleep now,” Celestia said unlocking the front door with her keys and
then going upstairs to her own room now.

“Just make sure that you’re quiet, I just want to get some sleep now.

And with that said Rainbow Dash did so and very soon enough she felt tired too, and eventually she went into her bed and let dreams consume her.

The next day came and Rainbow Dash very quickly found out that she had a case to do. “There was an attack yesterday night and we think that it might have been a meta, and that’s because every person was poisoned with gas but there were no traces of any canisters or anything else like that,” Soarin said.

“Wait, are you saying that they can control gasses with their minds?”

“Uh yes, we think that they may form a mental nexus with it right now.”

“Wow, that is so cool and amazingly awesome, and also dangerous too.”

“Yeah, but we really need to figure out a place for you to work or something.”

“Well there’s nothing that I really want to do that’s good enough here in town.”

“Well always keep your eyes and ears open, never know what might pop up.”

“Indeed,” Lightning Dust said now, “You never know what might come to you.”

“Lightning, you really need to work on your entrance one of these days now.”

“Miss Dash, I don’t need to do anything except keep my promises, pay the bills and also finally to keep you
safe, everything else is mostly optional.”

“You’re funny, you really should consider doing an act someday,” she said.

“Miss Dash, I would highly recommend that you go talk with detective West about this particular case
before the evidence is gone, so please go right now.”

“Sure thing,” she said very quickly darting out of the room and then back in again, “Uh, where was the
attack exactly? I never heard the name from you.”

“It’s the food shop on Seventh and Faust Avenue, okay?” she said.

“Alight, fine then, I’m going,” she said suddenly leaving them behind now.

And with that said she suddenly appeared on the crime scene and saw West there, “Hey there Rainbow
Dash, glad you’re here, the other guys can’t make any sense of this, I mean no traces of canisters or any gas
in their system at all either, it was almost like the gas could be controlled by somebody very dangerous out there,” he said giving her a glare now. “Hey, not my fault, I’m just trying to help with the team back at the
labs, I’m not responsible for the other meta humans that are out there, besides, we’re still trying to figure them out too as well now.”

“Well I just hope that they have something that can analyze these tissue samples better than we can,” he
said handing her a few tightly sealed plastic bags now.

“Gross,” she said, “But yeah, I think that they might have something like that, but who were these guys anyways?” she said pointing at all the bodies now.

“Criminals, not good guys, but we’re more concerned about the guy who killed them, I mean if he is a meta
then he is a very powerful one apparently.”

“Oh,” she said now then, “Well we’ll look into it and get back to you very soon.”

And with that said she took the tissue samples back to the labs very quickly down now. “I hope that you have something to analyze this,” she said tossing them unto a desk, “Because I really don’t want to have to go back again now.”

“Don’t worry, we do, but what we don’t have is something to contain a meta who can control gas, or any
power we’ve seen yet so far,” Soarin said now.

“Yes, indeed, we should probably try to figure that out very soon and quickly now because I don’t think Iron
Heights can handle humans with these powers now.”

“You’re right Lightning, but what could we use as a prison to hold them?”

“I think that we already have something here in the labs,” she said smiling now.

“And what would that be exactly?” Soarin said scratching his head right now.

“Try to figure it out, you have a head and you know what’s here, use what you know to try to figure out the
unknown and solve the equation,” she said.

“Well we do have the broken parts of the reactor, and they have a very strong magnetic field that just might
hold the meta humans if we can reconfigure it.”

“Exactly, now get on that right now, we’ll need to hold our new meta if there is one and if we do catch them,
and I don’t want to be unprepared either.”

And with that said Soarin smiled as his busy mind went to work now, but Spitfire on the other hand was very nervous and had a look of fear on her right now then.

“Hey, are you okay?” Rainbow Dash said going over to her right now then.

“Yeah, sure I am, it’s just that I haven’t been down there ever since the night that Frosty died, and I just
don’t know if I can because I might not be ready yet.”

“Well, what if someone went down there with you? Would you be ready then?”

“I guess so, but it might not help how I feel or what I remember at all.”

“Well trust me, I’ll always be there for you down there no matter what happens to either of us, and that’s a
promise, and you can trust me, I’m your friend,” she said trying to comfort her as she put a hand on her
shoulder right now then.

“Yeah, thanks a lot, and I know that I can trust you,” she said trying to put on a smile now. “Come on now then, you know the way, you just have to be brave enough to walk the pathway,” she said gently pushing Spitfire in front of her now then, and as she did Spitfire took very deep breaths in as she approached the place of Frosty’s death, and as she got closer the memories started to return and haunt her once more
again, and this time they were very vivid now instead.

“Alright everyone, the moment that I flip this switch and press the button the future of the whole entire world will change, so who’s ready for tomorrow right now?”

Everyone shouted at Lightning Dust’s motivation and inspiring speech now.

“Alright, fine then,” she said doing it, “And now it looks like we are good to go now, and I feel like I should
say something like ‘Eureka’, but all I can say is that I feel like I have been waiting for this moment for centuries now,” she said smiling now.

“Well it looks like all the systems are running smoothly, I think that it’s time for a bit of celebratory drinks,”
Frosty said pulling out some very fine and expensive wine now. “Frosty, you didn’t have to do this for us,”
Spitfire said smiling now.

“Well I kind of did, Lightning Dust said I had to, but mostly it was for you my dear.”

Everyone in the room let out a very collective awing sound right now then.

“Oh get a room you two,” Lightning Dust said pouring the first glass of wine now then and taking a very
light sip of it. Frosty laughed at that comment and then glanced at the screens, “You know I expected something a bit more dramatic, you know, more boom, more flare, something like that, but no, it’s very quiet instead.”

“Trust me, if it went boom then that would be very bad, and trust me, I know, I designed the whole entire
thing,” Lightning Dust said also staring at the screens now then. And then suddenly there was a very loud deep rumbling sound.

“Was that a big boom?” Frosty said very nervously and concerned now then.

Her memory ended when Rainbow Dash suddenly decided to ask her a question now. “So what did happen on that night exactly?” she said right now then.

“We activated the machine and turned it on, everything was running fine and very smoothly, but then an unexpected increase in the magnetic chamber eventually lead it to explode causing the accident and your powers too of course.

“I thought I held the future in my hands, and I did, but I also held so much more that I didn’t know about
too,” Lightning Dust said finishing her speech now.

“Yeah, and now we just hold the greatest thing ever in this whole entire world, you,” Soarin said opening the door to a very old and ruined chamber now then.

And then suddenly the rest of her memory came back to her very vividly now.

“What the hell is happening here now?” Frosty shouted as they ran very quickly to the chambers now. “The magnetic field is increasing, and we need to shut it down right now, and if we can’t we need to minimize the damage it causes.”

“I’ll go,” he said, “But if I’m not back here in two minutes then I want you to shut this door, okay? You need to minimize the harm caused for everyone else.”

“But if I shut the door you’ll be locked in,” Soarin said very nervously now then.

“Well that’s just a sacrifice that I’ll have to make, and don’t argue with me, we don’t have time, and
remember, two minutes,” Frosty said ready to go now.

“Three,” Soarin said, “Otherwise I’m going to have to go in and not you.”

Frosty smiled, “Alright, fine then, three minutes, but no more, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, you win,” Soarin said setting his watch to the proper time now.

And with that said Frosty went in and the timer very slowly went down.

“Come on Frosty, I know that you can do this,” Soarin said staring at his watch as it slowly came down to
the last minute and then the final seconds too now.

And then finally it reached zero and he sighed as he locked the door now.

And then suddenly Spitfire came in. “Soarin, where’s Frosty?” she said.

“He’s in there, but don’t go in, it’s not safe and it’s also locked now,” he said.

“Are you crazy? You locked him in and now he doesn’t have any chance to live.”

“But we do, he did this for us, he did this for you,” Soarin said, “And now we’ll just have to see if it’s enough,
but only time will tell that now.”

And with that said they waited and eventually Frosty came back.

“There’s no hope for it,” he said, “It’s going to blow, but I managed to make the harm minimal, this place won’t blow up but there still might be leakage now.”

“Don’t worry, you did your best, I’m just sorry that you’re stuck in there now.”

“Yeah, I guess I should have given you more time,” he said with a very light smile and laugh fading
now, “But I guess that it’s too late now, but at least I won’t die alone, I have you here, and I know that I will
be remembered as a hero at least.”

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few,” Soarin said trying to lighten the mood, but he failed, but at least Frosty still managed to smile now.

“You’re always funny Soarin, even to the end, and Spitfire, don’t cry too long for me, just get on and move forward with your life, don’t linger on the past, just don’t let this moment and even hold you back, okay? I want you to always be happy.

Find someone else or don’t, but just be happy, okay? Promise me this, please.”

“Alright, fine then, you win, I promise Frosty, I won’t let you down,” she said as tears started to flow down
her face now. “You know I always thought that I would either die old and happy with you, or very heroically
in a sacrifice,” he said now, “I guess that it turned out to be the second choice, just don’t you ever forget about me, please, I want to be remembered, but the city doesn’t need to know who it was that saved the city if you feel like this is just too much for you, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, we’ll try to make them know and remember you.”

“Thanks, but honestly I just need you to remember, that’s all I really need now.”

And with that said suddenly an even louder boom echoed and they saw a very bright wave of light and
energy rapidly approach them, “Frosty, I love you!”

“I love you too, Spitfire,” he said as the wave suddenly hit them and he vanished with it as his whole entire
body seemed to disintegrate with it too as well.

And as he did Spitfire screamed as she sobbed on the floor once he was dead.

Her memory interfered with her concentration and focus when she suddenly snapped back to reality to hear Soarin repeatedly ask her the same question.

“Spitfire, are you okay?” he said waving his hand in front of her now then.

“I’m fine,” she said grabbing his hand, “Stop asking me that question please.”

“Alright then, fine, you win,” he said shaking his hand free of her release now.

“Alright, you two work on containment, and Rainbow Dash, I need to talk with you in private,” Lightning
Dust said gesturing for her to come out of the chambers now. “Sure thing,” she said following her
now, “Anything for you.”

Once they got outside she decided to talk again, “So what is it exactly now?”

“You haven’t told any of your friends about your powers yet, have you?”

“No, of course not, why would I, and you also don’t have to keep asking me this.”

“Yes, I don’t, but I keep my ears and eyes open for any news on the streets, and I have heard that your
friend Sunset Shimmer is investigating you now.”

“Where did you hear that from exactly?” she said very curious now.

“I have my resources, but you need to send her a message to stop, this isn’t safe for her and she could get
hurt, and if she doesn’t stop on her own then make her, talk to her, do something, but make sure that she doesn’t continue to chase you, we don’t want the local press and media to get word of this just yet. And when we finally do reveal a hero we’ll have to do it very carefully and slowly.”

“Well look, I’ll try, but I won’t make any promises, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, I can work with that, but stay safe and smart Miss Dash.”

And with that said Lightning Dust left and then suddenly her cell phone rang,

“Hey there Celestia,” she said, “What’s up exactly?”

“Rainbow Dash, I’ve been thinking about your future and I think that I actually might have a job for you at
school if you want it, I mean it doesn’t pay much but it’s definitely in your field and realm of experience,”
she said now then.

“Alright, fine then, what is it exactly?” she said slightly nervous now then.

“Well it’s being the assistant soccer coach until the one we have has retired now; the hours are flexible and
after school but before you have to fight crime at night, and if it doesn’t work out then at least you know what not to do at least.”

“Hey, don’t stereotype all my crime fighting at night,” she said now then.

“Hey, you can’t blame me if I do that, I have to try make jokes now at least.”

“I don’t blame you, but thanks for the offer, I’ll think about it.”

“Okay then, fine, just let me know if you want it, alright?”

“Don’t worry, I will, bye now, I love you,” she said now.

“Love you too,” Celestia said as Rainbow Dash closed her phone now then.

And then suddenly it rang again very quickly.

“What is it this time?” she said not even bothering to glance at the names anymore. “We have a report of an
attack at the mall, go right now,” Soarin said.

And then suddenly she did as she quickly darted to it and saw a very shadowy man there. “Well hello
there,” she said when she saw him “Who are you exactly?”

“No one, now go away, my business is not with you,” he said.

“Why did you kill that woman?” she said pointing to the body right now then.

“She deserved to die, and so will you if you don’t go away right now.”

“Sorry, can’t, you broke the law and now you’ll have to pay for it.”

“I’m also sorry too, because I’m going to have to kill you,” he said as he suddenly turned into a black dark
mist gas and then went around and started to choke her making her unable to breathe now. “Rainbow
Dash! Get back here right now!” Soarin shouted in her headset, and very slowly she tried to do so and then
she quickly managed to dart back to the labs where the team was waiting for her and when she got back
they quickly laid her in a bed and started to work.

“Now then, this might hurt just a bit since we can’t give you anything for the pain because your system would just filter it out,” Spitfire said.

“Just do what you have to,” Soarin said to her, “And don’t lie either.”

And with that said Spitfire plunged a syringe into Rainbow’s lungs.

Rainbow took in a very deep gasp of air and started to breathe normally again.

“We’ll need to analyze her tissue very quickly,” Soarin said, “It’s a fresh sample, the ones from the crime
scene weren’t, so can you get on that right now please?”

“Sure thing,” Spitfire said doing her job and started to analyze it now.

“Wow, you could have been killed back there,” Soarin said.

“The meta human, he didn’t control gas, he was the gas,” Rainbow said now.

Soarin laughed at that comment, “That sounds so wrong when you say it that way,” he said unable to
contain his busts of joy and delight, “But honestly I probably shouldn’t laugh so hard after what you went through, sorry for that.”

“It’s okay, I would laugh too if I wasn’t trying to breathe normally,” she said now.

“Yeah, well at least your experience wasn’t any worse, but we’ll get back to you as soon as we know who
was in you exactly,” Soarin said as he left her now then.

Rainbow Dash just sat on her bed as she struggled to breathe normally.

Meanwhile Lightning Dust decided to have a much-needed talk with Celestia now. “Celestia,” she said
entering her office, “I need to talk with you right now.”

“Sure thing,” she said not even bothered that she was here now, “What about?”

“Rainbow Dash, I have noticed very recently that you seem to doubt her.”

“I don’t doubt her, I’m just looking out for her safety, that’s all,” she said.

“Is it? So long as Rainbow Dash thinks you doubt her then she’ll doubt herself, she needs the help and
support of other people around her to be the hero that she needs to be, and that means you not only need
to trust her, but also support and agree with her sometimes even if you think it’s not the best way to
protect her. The world is a very dangerous place, and she’s just trying to make it better for everyone, including you, the least you could do is to support her even if not for me or yourself then do it for her at
least, and please don’t let either of us down now, I have had far too many failures, and Rainbow Dash
needs to be someone that can succeed where I failed, someone to fix the mistakes of my past, someone that can inspire people to greatness and change the future too.

Her greatest enemy isn’t what she faces out there, it’s fear and doubt too.”

“Alright, fine then, I won’t doubt her, I’ll support her,” Celestia said then now.

“Good, and the best place to start would be with someone that she cares about.”

“You mean her mom? I suppose so, I mean I did see Rainbow Dash in action, and she was a blur just like
what she saw kill her father, perhaps she was right.”

“I don’t know about that, as I already told Rainbow she is special and unique and also different and I highly
doubt that there would be anyone with her powers back then, much less two,” Lightning Dust said as she started to leave now.

“Alright fine then, but thanks for the advice,” Celestia said as she left now then.

Meanwhile back at the labs the latest tissue sample just came back in now.

“That’s weird,” Spitfire said staring at it, “It says that there’s two separate strands of DNA in here, and
there’s hydrogen cyanide with traces of a sedative.”

“Yeah, and the DNA confirmed what we saw on the mall cameras,” Soarin said handing her a photo of the
man that she saw, “Sombra is back again.”

“Who’s Sombra exactly?” Rainbow Dash said staring at the picture now.

“A really old guy who was the mayor, but then the people eventually found out that he was getting into all
kinds of illegal stuff, shady dark deals, exchanging money for crystal meth, selling illegal drugs, trying to get
into the diamond business, that sort of stuff, and when they did he was replaced with someone else, but
when they tried to he acted out very violently and was sent to jail, and he was very recently sentenced to death after being declared criminally insane.”

“Wow, that’s crazy,” Rainbow Dash said continuing to gaze at the picture.

“Yeah, and I did some digging and found out his death was scheduled at the exact same time that our
particle accelerator just so happened to explode at.

And I guess that the resulting explosion let him be able to turn into a gas, and as for the sedative, well gas
chambers use that a lot for their victims frequently.”

“Okay, that is both slightly disturbing and also very creepy,” she said.

“I guess so to some people, but it’s actually a very humane way to die now compared to everything else like
fire and guns and other stuff like that too.”

“So if he can turn into a gas then how can I defeat or catch him exactly?”

“You don’t,” lightning Dust said, “You will wear him out by running away from him, but not too far since he
seems to be a single minded very focused person, gas is the least stable form of matter and energy so he shouldn’t be able to keep being in a gaseous state forever and he will need to revert back to his original normal regular form to try to recover and also regain his energy again too.”

“Oh,” she said, “Alright, I guess that it should work, but how will I know where he’s going to strike next? I
mean I don’t want him to kill another person again.”

“Nurse Redheart was a sad accident, and yes, that was the name of the woman he killed, but I think I know
who he will go after next,” she said handing her a paper file folder, “The cop that closed this case and also Sombra, it was West.”

“Well then, we need to warn him right now,” she said trying to get up.

“Easy Rainbow Dash, and we can’t warn him, he wouldn’t even believe us about this, and even if he did I
don’t think he would be very willing to accept our help.”

“West is a good guy, he’ll accept anyone’s help if it doesn’t get in the way.”

“Well West might know about us, but he’s not the same type of person as us either, and right now I think he
would be at Iron Heights with Celestia.”

“And how do you know that exactly?” Rainbow Dash said very curiously now.

“Let’s just say that not even the cops can hide their activities from me.”

Meanwhile back at the jailhouse Celestia was with West indeed now.

Celestia pulled out the box of evidence from Rainbow Dash’s case.

“Me and Rainbow Dash have been through this many times,” she said.

“Yeah, but we’ve never gone through it with the knowledge that we have now, since we know that there is a
person who can speed up at incredible speeds.”

“Yeah, I guess so, but for now we should try to keep this secret, I mean I wouldn’t want to get her hopes up,
and in other news there is going to be a meta human prison to contain the individuals that they face, and
not just a regular ordinary person like Rainbow Dash does with that recent police car chase that you had.”

“Oh, I thought that there was something off about that,” West said now then, “Alright, you can have your
chance to talk with Eleanora, but you won’t have very long, and make sure that you say what you want to
her, okay then?”

“Alright fine then, thanks,” Celestia said as Eleanora was brought in now.

“Hey there Celestia, why are you here to talk with me exactly? You know, the woman who decided to kill a
little tiny girl’s father in front of her now?”

“No, it’s actually about you, I believe Rainbow Dash now, and I think that me and detective West are going
to be working on a way to figure a way for you to get out, and all that you need to know about Rainbow Dash is that she’s a truly amazing person, and I think that you would be very proud of her if you could see
her, because you see, she’s not so little and tiny anymore, she’s big and strong, and now she’s doing things
that I could have never thought of before this.”

“I’m very glad to hear that, and I thank you for your words.”

“You’re welcome, I just wish that I could have been there for you sooner.”

“It’s okay, you’re here for me now, and that’s all that really matters.”

“I have to do something,” Rainbow Dash said.

“No, not until we find an antidote for our new meta human threat.”

“Yeah, he can turn into a mist and kill people. The Mist, that’s his name, end of the talk,” Soarin said smiling
as he clapped his hands together very loudly now.

“Look, you can’t save everyone even with your speed and powers.”

“You can’t always be together like fire and ice, me and Frosty,” Spitfire said.

“But you can be the persona and hero that we need you to be right now.”

“Alright, fine then, I’ll wait, but if something comes up I’m going, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, just have some patience with us, okay?”

“I do, but the killer, our meta human, he might not have that patience.”

“I know, I just hope that we have enough time to stop him,” Lightning Dust said.

“Time is an enemy of all, it takes, it can give love or make you a hero, makes ones in love be able to marry,
and it also erases the memory of heroes.”

“Spitfire, it doesn’t matter if the city knows who saved it, it just matters that we do,” Rainbow dash said
going over to her now and hugging her very quickly.

“Here, take this,” Spitfire said handing her a syringe, “It’s an antidote to the poison, I hope that you don’t
need it, but if you do then try not to use it on yourself, I wouldn’t want to get hurt, now then, go save the day now.”

And with that said Rainbow Dash took the syringe and raced off to Iron Heights prison, “Okay, I think that I
can talk you through this place,” Soarin said.

“Don’t bother, I’ve been trying to figure a way out into this place since I was a kid,” Rainbow Dash said as
she quickly raced in to see that Sombra was already there choking the life from West, and she quickly had to use the syringe to inject in him, and then she leaned over to check his breathing, and it was very good now. And then she lifted her head to see her mother there and then she quickly vibrated her face. “Go get him” she said and with that said she went after Sombra now. “You can’t beat me,” he said, “And now I will have my power back again.”

“You’re wrong,” Rainbow Dash said, “Come after me and you’ll see.”

“Gladly,” he said smiling as he went into his gas form and went after her now.

Eventually after some running Sombra quickly tired out and she managed to capture him, “Guys, we won,”
she said, and then she brought him back to the labs. And when Sombra woke up he was in a glass cage that he couldn’t get out of now. “Are you sure that he’s safe in there?” Spitfire said nervously,

“It has a magnetic force more powerful than earth, so yes, it should be very safe indeed,’ Lightning Dust
said as she watched him vent his anger out now.

“He seems very angry,” she said to herself.

“You can’t keep me in here forever!” he screamed, “I will have my revenge!”

“Yeah, good night,” Lightning Dust said now then as the chambers closed now.

And with that said Rainbow Dash decided to go check on Celestia who was in the hospital now, but she
eventually fell asleep, and when she woke up she saw that Celestia was there smiling at her. “It sure has been a very long time since I saw you sleeping,” she said chuckling to herself now. “Yeah, sorry about that.”

“Don’t be, Sombra was very powerful, and you didn’t know that someone could get hurt, and you can’t save
everyone, but you do try to help at least.”

“Yeah, well thanks for supporting me, it sure does mean a lot to me.”

“Hey, I really miss the days when I could ground you,” Celestia said smiling now.

“Yeah, well I think that your sister is here to see you now, so I’ll be leaving you now,” she said as she saw
Luna waving at the door and then she left.

“Hey there,” Luna said coming in with Eddie, “Nice to see you.”

“It’s a bit odd that you two show up at the exact same time now.”

“Celestia, we have something very important to tell you,” she said now.

“You two are dating, I know,” Celestia said, “You two are terrible liars.”

“Wait, how did you know that exactly?” Luna said.

“I’ve known it for a while, but you two really should work on lying.”

“We meant to tell you, but we just didn’t know how exactly?”

“Because you thought it would make it real, I know, but if I wasn’t in this bed right now then we would be
having a completely different story right now.”

“Yeah, I’ll just be outside looking into witness protection,” Eddie said now.

And with that said he left to go outside and leave them all alone now then.

“So, you’re not upset at me?” Luna said very nervously right now then with a bit of fear in her voice since
she really knew her sister very well now.

“Oh, I am, I just think that if you think he’s good enough for you, and if you both like each other than I’m
fine with it, but I just don’t want to talk about it yet, okay?” Celestia said trying to reason with her sister right now then too.

“Okay then, fine alright, I can work out with that,” Luna said now then.

“Good, because I’m just not good with this just yet, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, you don’t want to talk yet, that’s totally cool.”

“Yeah, well thanks for understanding,” Celestia said, “Now I just need rest.”

“Okay then, fine, alright,” Luna said leaving Celestia behind now then.

Rainbow Dash decided to go see her mom after all that had happened now.

“Have I ever told you the story about how you first learned to walk?” she said.

“Yeah, a few times now actually,” Rainbow Dash said smiling now then.

“All the other kids were running around, but you weren’t, but your dad, he never worried, he always said
that you would walk when you had something important to go for, and sure enough he was right, the first
time that you did you ran straight into his arms,” she said smiling as she talked about this story now then.

“Yeah, that story never gets old,” Rainbow Dash said smiling now then.

“Rainbow Dash, I am so proud of you, you mean so much to me, and I know that you’re trying to run from
your past and pain, that you’re trying to fight it, and that’s a good thing, but you sometimes just need to accept some things now.

You just have to accept some things, and if you don’t then you’re never going to be able to improve, and if you don’t then you won’t be your best.”

“Thanks mom, thanks a lot, your words, they mean so much.”

“I know, I love you Rainbow Dash, please stay safe for me,” she said still smiling.

“I will, I love you too,” she said as she watched her mother being taken away again, and then she decided to
go out for a run and be a hero now then. And this time she wouldn’t bother to fight what she felt, she would accept it instead.

Flashback

“Lightning Dust, Frosty managed to contain the reaction,” Soarin said now.

“Good then,” she said, “I’ll meet you soon, but right now I have something else to see right now,” she said as
she slowly wandered to her secret chamber and watched Rainbow Dash at the high school and she smiled
as she saw the lightning strike her now, “I’ll see you very soon, Dash,” she said and then with that said she went back to work to play her role and fit in right now then.