• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 331 Views, 1 Comments

Shadow of the Night - Silver Inkwell



After Luna dies, how will Celestia remember and honor her name?

  • ...
 1
 331

Shadow of the Night

Shadow of the Night

It had been quite some time after Luna’s death, and Celestia now needed a way to honor and remember her sister’s name, and so she decided that a museum would be the best way. And so it was that the construction of it began.

It took quite some time for it to finally be done, but when it was she knew that it was very good when it was finally done. “Are you sure that you don’t want this to be open at the daytime instead of the nighttime instead?” a worker said.

“Yes, I’m sure, that’s the only way to honor my sister’s memory.”

“Very well then, if you say so,” the worker said shrugging her comment off.

And with that said she smiled as she stared at the Museum of the Night.

She stood before her citizens as the sun was setting down.

“Today I proudly present this museum to honor my sister’s memory, today I present to you something that
I have always recently wanted.

We have lost much, but we still have stuff and things to gain.

Today marks a very important stepping stone of progress, for many of you have come here today to honor her and this place, I am so glad that you have come here today and that we are still getting through this, that we can do it.

I hope that you may always remember my sister and the day that she died, and may this museum stand strong and long to always honor her forever.”

And with that said she smiled as she cut the ribbon just as the sun set and then the crowd cheered and shouted and very slowly entered it.

The crowd wandered around inside aimlessly, well almost all of them except for a small tiny little girl who just stared at the statue of Luna.

She was very still and didn’t move at all, even when Celestia came over and started to talk to her, “Well hello there, what’s your name little one?”

“My name is Eve Star,” she said, “And you must be princess Celestia.”

“Yes I am,” she said staring at the black little filly.

“Your sister was very beautiful,” she said gazing at the statue.

“Yes, she was, but why do you seem so very quiet?”

“Because I am, and because the night is very beautiful just like dreams and shadows can be, and despite what some may think, a nightmare isn’t really that bad because you will eventually wake up and be just fine then,” she said turning her head to Celestia now to face her now.

“Yes, you’re right, you seem very smart and wise for your age, but where are your parents exactly?” Celestia said looking around.

“They’re dead, but that’s just fine, I have friends with the stars.”

“That’s so sad, but can I ask who your parents were?”

“I don’t know, they died when I was very young and I have been raised…”

“Raised by who?” Celestia said.

“I really can’t say, but let’s just say that it is a friend you know very well.”

“Very well then, be this way, general and vague, two very annoying traits.”

“Princess? Can you tell me why Luna had to die exactly?”

“I don’t know,” Celestia said unsure of how to respond exactly.

“That’s okay, I didn’t really expect you to know the answer.”

“You ask such strange questions and you seem highly odd, and very unusual. But where do you come from exactly? Anywhere near here?”

“I come from that which once was great, and still is a kingdom in name only, and yet still great can this be,
oh how the mighty king has fallen.”

“Wait, what?” Celestia said very confused now.

“I come from the place that you used to once call home.”

“Okay then,” Celestia said, “You’re not making any sense.”

“I don’t really know where I come from, but I know who I am supposed to see and where I am going, and that is with you because my parents told me.”

“How so did they ever tell you?” Celestia said.

“They talk to me through the stars,” she said looking up at the night sky and smiling, “And sometimes I can see their faces in the moon.”

“What are you exactly little one?” Celestia said looking down at her.

“A mystery, and that’s a very good question,” she said stretching out her hidden wings and then used magic to slowly light up her horn.

“Yes, I’m an alicorn, but don’t ask any questions please,” she said.

“Very well then, if you say so, but why? And also why me?”

“I really don’t know, but my parents, they said that they trusted you, and they still do, they want you to take care of me and love me just like you did with your sister, except better and with fewer mistakes instead this
time now.”

“Very well then, I shall take you in just so I can figure you out.”

And with that said Celestia stretched out her wings and took the young little filly to her castle, and when they finally got there Eve decided to speak up again. “Here’s a letter they wrote for you,” she said yawing as she got in the old bed of Luna, “You should really read it, it’ll explain what’s going on.”

And with that said Celestia read the letter and at the end of it was very surprised and shocked. “So it seems that you lied to me about your name, but don’t you know that you’re safe with me Indigo Moon? I just wish that you told me the truth, but don’t worry, we’ll talk in the morning.”

And with that said Celestia tucked the young little filly in and then went off to her bed chambers puzzling over this new problem, because now it seemed that there might be a new replacement for her sister to take her power, place, and position, but of course that would have to be determined with time only.

But for now she would just have to pretend nothing was wrong and also honor the memory of her sister, and she knew that she would want Celestia to take care of this young little filly, and be the parent that she never knew.

And so it was that she stared out at the night and smiled some more.

For she knew that everything would be just fine now.

For her sister was being honored, and now she could finally be a parent.

Author's Note:

Will there be more Indigo Moon? Maybe (if both you and I want it).

Anyhow I hope that you liked, loved, and enjoyed this!