• Published 17th Jan 2017
  • 342 Views, 0 Comments

Shadow of the Moon - Silver Inkwell



When Luna is trapped inside the Castle of the Two Sisters, what will she do to stay sane? Read and find out.

  • ...
 0
 342

Dinner Talk and Release

The dinner that as laid out before her was both wonderful and splendid.

“This looks very delicious and wonderful, but what are you trying to get from me?” Luna said examining the course before her and sitting down.

“To lie I would say nothing, but to tell you the truth, which I think you should already know by now, well I want you Nightmare Moon, and not her anymore.”

“Nightmare Moon isn’t here right now; would you like to try again never?” Luna said very sarcastically as she loaded up her plate with many sweets.

“Oh Luna, if it were only that simple, but I’m going to have to torture your mind if you don’t come out you see,” he said very calmly and plainly.

“Do whatever you want to me you monster, just keep your promise and we’ll be just fine, however if you break it I will kill you no matter what it takes.”

“Is that a threat or a promise? Because you shouldn’t make either unless you intend to actually follow through in the very end you know,” he said/

“It’s both, and thanks for the meal, but I’m not that hungry.”

“Clearly,” he said looking at the plate full of food, “Very well then, here’s how I expect you to behave, you may feel free to explore and roam the castle however and whenever you wish, you can read, write, play, do whatever you want, but of course I will always have a meal for you at the proper times of the day, and to keep things interesting the torture of your mind will always be at a slightly different time each day, and you
may not ever leave the castle, that is all.”

And with that said he left the table and went away to be alone then.

The next months were very difficult for Luna, she enjoyed the meals and time in the library whenever she could, and also she cried whenever she saw the sun or moon for it only reminded her of her sister, but whenever the time that Nightmare Shadow would come in her room she would always react differently, the first time it was in shock and surprise and fear, the next several times were also fear until it was replaced with quiet contemplation, and then he kept changing the routine and sometimes she would react
with fear, but rarely now.

And even after her sessions she would sometimes cry or be afraid, but the time came that she eventually learned to be brave and overcome all her fears.

“It seems like my methods are having the reverse effect on you,” he said, “So instead I will try something else, writing, reading, and finally music.”

And with that said the next months he wrote many poems and songs for her even though she had first scoffed at the idea that a monster like him could ever create something so beautiful and wonderful, but somehow he still did.

But the time came eventually that he had to let her go because as he said, “I can’t let you be my weakness anymore, you can either leave this castle when you want to if you wish, and if so we will be enemies, but if you stay then I can reassure you that you will lose nothing and instead gain everything.”

But she said that his words were lies and that he couldn’t give her friends, and so it was that he took a long heavy deep sigh and watched as she ran out and instantly forgot all that occurred at the castle, well mostly, she could retain some vague general parts because of all her powers, but not that much.

And so it was that both of them looked up at the moon that night, and they both could swear that they saw
a shadow in the moon, one of Luna/ herself.

And so it was that Luna wandered all alone in fear crying to herself because she was lost, but eventually she was found by a very familiar wizard.

And as for Nightmare Shadow, well for the first, last, and only time in his short life he finally cried, for it broke his heart to give her up, but he needed to do this to become strong, he had to pass this test, and so it was that he finally gave up the last ‘good’ part of himself, and that was when he truly really became a monster, and then looking up at the moon he smiled.

“I did it,” he said, “I’m strong now, my heart is broken, you would be so proud if you could see my now, I just hope that we can finally be together again, because if there is any pony I would be weak for, it would be you.”

And with that said the moon remained still as the shadows of the night moved on, and so it was that this night would soon become very eventful.

But that’s another story for yet another different time still.

For now all you need to know is that while there was a shadow in the moon, it was not that of Luna’s or any
Nightmare Version of Shadows or the moon.

Instead it was merely just that of the sun, for its glory is more than the moon’s and on this night Celestia didn’t want it to be so glorious now.

But after that night it would be glorious even though before it wasn’t quite so, and it never would be so without the proper ruler of the moon.

And so that is why being in the shadow of the moon can make you crazy.

And that was why sometimes we create our worst nightmares and monsters with the darkness and shadows, so that one day we may finally use them, but we also keep them there just in case we need to destroy them quickly, but we can’t, and we never will, for the darkness and shadows will always live on.

They will live on forever, and we will not.

And that is why Nightmare Shadow thought he was immortal, for so long as the sun illuminated the moon, and so long as the moon had a shadow, then it could be said that he was immortal for he controlled the darkness and shadows and the night, but so did Luna, and also Celestia.

And so sometimes the darkness and shadows can be controlled by the light.

For without light there is no darkness, and that is why there are opposites, for balance, for control, and so that you can fully understand both really. And that is why no matter what, there will always be shadows in
the moon now.

Author's Note:

I'm so glad that this is over now.

I hope that you liked, loved, and enjoyed this!

Please comment down below!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment